You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The more I see shit like the Imagineinies, Madonna, and this, the more I think we need a real Celebrity Death Match to keep us entertained during lockdown.

British artist Tracey Emin is sharing a visual diary of a week in her life during the coronavirus lockdown.

Emin, known for her unflinchingly autobiographical and confessional artwork, has been posting personal photos, videos and writing on the White Cube gallery’s Instagram account

In her first diary entry on March 26, Emin posteda video of herself in a bubble bath, with a cafetière and tray of food at her feet. 

She wrote: ‘Today I would be happy.. today I would celebrate my solitude.. if I were not filled with an over powering sense of fear.. A darkness.. that has made me want to live more than ever. I was almost content, to sit and wait out my end.’

In her most recent post today, Emin shared a video of her working on several large paintingsin her studio at 4.45am.

The artist will share her final diary entry tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Who the fuck is fucking Tracey Emin? 

She's got a CBE! How can you not know who she is?

Can you let me know when you find out?

Saw an article this morning suggesting that the rate of death in China could be far higher than admitted based on personal testimony of people given back remains / urns of their loved ones. A figure of 42/46k was postulated 

On a more cheerful note , Crace made me chuckle in the Guardian this morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/30/with-raab-at-the-reins-things-are-really-getting-finger-lickin-bad

The thing I don't understand with these announcements is that in the great majority of cases ( I'll give our mini-Chancellor and the medical lady a pass ) the contributors seem flummoxed by the most straightforward and easily anticipated questions that are asked. It scares me that it appears that I put more preparation into my appraisal & development meetings with my line manager than these people are putting in to solving the country's most desperate situation since the war.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Apologies, you are right. This can’t have been updated when I looked earlier...

6553E38A-99FB-45AE-8CBE-1195FB356204.png

27 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

But BBC reporting 849 as the high... anyway, I suppose it's stopped increasing so dramatically. Small mercies and all that.

There is a difference between how Worldometer reports / updates now and some others, it all depends when is the reset point as some countries still report throughout the day. Germany's total for example appears only towards the end of the day on Worldometer.

Overall, Spain and Italy have been slowing down over the past seven days or so, France had bad numbers yesterday, elsewhere in Europe it appears it has also mostly slowed down or stabilized.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I meant who is fucking her! I know who she is. 

Based on the video, I would say the likelihood is she's being fucked ny The Invisible Man.

Is this the correct answer?