You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

58 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You produced two videos from a few years back to defend points from decades ago, disingenuous at best, well done.

Disingenuous how? Seriously, how am I - who is saying she isn't smart - disingenuous for linking videos of her talking like a fucking moron. Honestly, mate. I know you're impressed with her community stuff, that's great - I've heard it's good from others too, I don't doubt it. I'm just saying, some of the stuff she has said is hideous and, actually, quite offensive. 

If there are no big jumps in numbers elsewhere in Europe during the next week or two, all energy should be focused on planning as many activities as possible with social distancing at the centre to return to some semblance of normality. If countries can keep it at this level, most health care systems should be able to cope, especially now when they have began to fly patients across the EU.   

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If there are no big jumps in numbers elsewhere in Europe during the next week or two, all energy should be focused on planning as many activities as possible with social distancing at the centre to return to some semblance of normality. If countries can keep it at this level, most health care systems should be able to cope, especially now when they have began to fly patients across the EU.   

Do you have any evidence to back this up?  Personally I think all health services around the world will be overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers, no matter how good they are.

In other news, the reduction in pollution may be the catalyst for a spike in global warming. Bit of a double edged sword, this.  Get ready for a hot summer. 

https://airqualitynews.com/2020/03/05/reducing-air-pollution-could-accelerate-climate-change/

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up?  Personally I think all health services around the world will be overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers, no matter how good they are.

In other news, the reduction in pollution may be the catalyst for a spike in global warming. Bit of a double edged sword, this.  Get ready for a hot summer. 

https://airqualitynews.com/2020/03/05/reducing-air-pollution-could-accelerate-climate-change/

If you fell into a bucket of tits you'd come out sucking your thumb!

11 minutes ago, TK421 said:

There is a number of EU countries that are still running well bellow capacity, only Italy and Spain seem actually overwhelmed, if the numbers stay as they are now, they should all be able to cope in a longer period, with good planning  and cooperation. After a week or two, people will be really tired of constant bad news and restrictions, focus will need to shift on gradually increasing exemptions, improving the situation or we will all go crazy.

It's crucial that the numbers don't jump now to the next level, as they did a week ago.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

There is a number of EU countries that are still running well bellow capacity, only Italy and Spain seem actually overwhelmed, if the numbers stay as they are now, they should all be able to cope in a longer period, with good planning  and cooperation. After a week or two, people will be really tired of constant bad news and restrictions, focus will need to shift on gradually increasing exemptions, improving the situation or we will all go crazy.

It's key that the numbers don't jump now to the next level, as they did a week ago.

There's nothing to suggest other EU countries won't be overrun.  Lots of medical professionals in the UK are pleading for people to stay indoors, warning that we're next. 

It's self-evident that the numbers won't stay as they are now. Good planning and preparation has been found lacking. 

34 minutes ago, TK421 said:

There's nothing to suggest other EU countries won't be overrun.  Lots of medical professionals in the UK are pleading for people to stay indoors, warning that we're next. 

It's self-evident that the numbers won't stay as they are now. Good planning and preparation has been found lacking. 

Yeah I know. It's all doom and gloom and it will only get worse unless... what?