You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Dominic Cummings is self isolating after developing Coronavirus like symptoms. 

Oops! 

Like a game of Corona Bingo, House! 

48 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You got in also? St Edmunds, PPE, 2004. Fuck it must be easy, I'll rethink the whole thing.

I said that I could assure you that it isn't easy. And yes, I'm well educated. Not that it means all that much. Many people who go through Russel Group or Ivy League educations are thick as pig shit. 

Please don't, I can copy and paste my own Daily Mail think pieces.

Ah, flippancy. What an endearing quality. You've done this 'say a thing and hope it sticks' thing a few times. I'll just calmly say no, it's not Daily Mail links. 

Now, you can wave that away as me swallowing what the media say, but it's Dianna Abbott doing the talking. 

I think it's obvious, don't be obtuse.

I'm not the one being obtuse, it's just that the point you were alluding too but wouldn't say is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. 

With most things context is key and you've not given any, not the copy and paste shite, but historical, cultural and situational context which surrounds these remarks.

Oh, for fuck sake. Now who is swallowing what they're told. That was her excuse, but as it was quickly pointed out to her, she used it regarding the Stephen Lawrence case. This isn't, as she tried to claim with lies, a reference to 'British Empire' or 'Colonialism'. 

There is some other context that I'd like to give you though, which is that had Labour won the election, she would have been in charge of MI5, counter terrorism, the police, etc. I'm not going to apologise for thinking she's an absolute shambles on that scale just because she's a black woman. Her being a black woman means nothing to me, her being competent means a lot to me. Just as it does with Johnson and Osborne. 

She recieves a special level of vitriol because she's a convienant and easy target.

Not from me she doesn't. The question was asked. You don't seem to like the answer. That's fair enough. The only reason I piped up was because you tried to defend her character and ability with her race and gender. That's out of line, in my opinion. You can very well dislike Dianne Abbott without being a racist or misogynist, just as you can accept she does good community work without wanting her to be in charge of MI5 or, you know, basic arithmetic. \

As for yelling into the void... well, yeah, I'm going to respond. You don't have to, which will make it stop. If you reply again, especially by calling me obtuse and implying I can't think for myself, then I'll probably respond. If you don't, I won't.

• Upvote 2

In lighter news, pioneering fitness star Mr Motivator returned to the nation’s television screens this morning.

The presenter, best known for his GMTV appearances in the 1990s, is offering tips on the newly commissioned HealthCheck UK Live, on weekdays at 10am on BBC One.

Last week, the ‘fitness hero’ told the Guardian he did not feel threatened by the success of YouTube star Joe Wicks. “Motivator – you mention my name, and everybody knows Motivator. Walk down the road right now – well, not right now – and they know Motivator,” he said.

Fight. Fight. Fight.

Gnasher, is that you?

Police have Tasered a man who claimed to have Covid-19 and deliberately coughed on officers as they sat in a car.

The Metropolitan police firearms command said on Twitter that the suspect had approached the officers in Haringey, north London “and shouted that he had coronavirus before deliberately coughing saliva all over them”.

He also began to physically attack them before he was Tasered and arrested, the force said.

The suspect later tested positive for the virus.

Joking aside, this dickhead approached SO19 officers, so he was lucky he wasn't shot, not just tasered.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's not legimate though is it?

What policies do you disagree with, what motions she has presented do you disagree with, what stance has she taken that irks you so?

If you can point those out I'd say you had a point, but like dulled pencil you're fucking pointless.

None, she's ridiculed because she's an easy target for the rags, and if that's dog whistling because of the above identifiers then is predjudicial and not based on the excellent community work, which I see at close quarters on a daily basis, that she does.

Now who is acting the genuine cunt? 

Fuck off!

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

As it would be with anyone else. The difference is that for her it was in the press for a month, and is still occasionally in the press as a joke now. This isn't the same for other ministers, of any party. 

There simply wasn't much of an aftermath to handle for anyone else. 

Michael Gove botched the figures several times during an interview in the run up to the 2017 election. It no longer is in the public conscious.

Phillip Hammond did the same.

Dawn Butler did last year.

Countless other examples, but the "minister that fucked up the numbers" example is always Diane Abbott. Because she got crucified and the others didn't.

I've just listened to the interview just to be sure. Its an absolute clusterfuck, she starts off saying it will cost £300,000 over 4 years for 10,000 policemen then goes on to say its actually 250,000 and so on. Its way worse than other examples of getting figures wrong and deserves way worse ridicule, which it has got. Remember police recruitment was under her responsibility as shadow home secretary.

I get your point about because she is who she is she got worse, but really in this case she deserved it.

54 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I said that I could assure you that it isn't easy. And yes, I'm well educated. Not that it means all that much. Many people who go through Russel Group or Ivy League educations are thick as pig shit. 

Ah, flippancy. What an endearing quality. You've done this 'say a thing and hope it sticks' thing a few times. I'll just calmly say no, it's not Daily Mail links. 

Now, you can wave that away as me swallowing what the media say, but it's Dianna Abbott doing the talking. 

I'm not the one being obtuse, it's just that the point you were alluding too but wouldn't say is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. 

Oh, for fuck sake. Now who is swallowing what they're told. That was her excuse, but as it was quickly pointed out to her, she used it regarding the Stephen Lawrence case. This isn't, as she tried to claim with lies, a reference to 'British Empire' or 'Colonialism'. 

There is some other context that I'd like to give you though, which is that had Labour won the election, she would have been in charge of MI5, counter terrorism, the police, etc. I'm not going to apologise for thinking she's an absolute shambles on that scale just because she's a black woman. Her being a black woman means nothing to me, her being competent means a lot to me. Just as it does with Johnson and Osborne. 

Not from me she doesn't. The question was asked. You don't seem to like the answer. That's fair enough. The only reason I piped up was because you tried to defend her character and ability with her race and gender. That's out of line, in my opinion. You can very well dislike Dianne Abbott without being a racist or misogynist, just as you can accept she does good community work without wanting her to be in charge of MI5 or, you know, basic arithmetic. \

As for yelling into the void... well, yeah, I'm going to respond. You don't have to, which will make it stop. If you reply again, especially by calling me obtuse and implying I can't think for myself, then I'll probably respond. If you don't, I won't.

You produced two videos from a few years back to defend points from decades ago, disingenuous at best, well done.

On the other points, I genuinely couldn’t care what you think about the context bound points as the idea of race as significant has clearly passed you by, currently and historically speaking, which leaves us with a zero sum argument as neither will ever convince the other through our own confirmation bias.

I finished with circumstance ad hominem arguments when I left sixth form.

PS I agree she isn’t particularly suited to front line politics, so there’s some common ground at least.

Stay safe

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The picture in the shitrag of the Daily Mail is the same as William Pike. But then it is the mail

Screenshot_20200330_065310_com.android.chrome.jpg

He's now going with a figure of 30,000.  He's an absolute chancer, this bloke.  He should shove his figures up his arse because they've been proven wrong in a matter of days.  A toddler could have told you there would be more than 5,700. Another case of "oops sorry got the maths wrong".  How is he held up as an expert? It's preposterous. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/around-30000-people-will-die-coronavirus-uk-expert-warns-12476580/

33 minutes ago, TK421 said:

He's now going with a figure of 30,000.  He's an absolute chancer, this bloke.  He should shove his figures up his arse because they've been proven wrong in a matter of days.  A toddler could have told you there would be more than 5,700. Another case of "oops sorry got the maths wrong".  How is he held up as an expert? It's preposterous. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/around-30000-people-will-die-coronavirus-uk-expert-warns-12476580/

I hardly think that this is the place for Coronavirus information. Take it to the Dianne Abbott thread!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3