You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Sad news mate, what can you say apart be there for him. 

Also, hope Elite is back home soon and on the mend. 

She was from Bielefeld actually, I believe that's your neck of the woods isn't it? Her daughter and the rest of her family still live there, she moved over here to marry my mate.

Glad you came through the other side mate, best wishes to Elite too!

• Upvote 1

By my quick calculation, the cumulative number of new cases for the past 7 days in Italy is 15% to 20% higher than the previous 7 days, which is a significantly slower growth then the 7 days before that. It is either slowly reaching a plateau or they are testing on the limit.

At this rate, it would take them about 4 weeks to double the number of daily new cases, which would  signal a significant slowing down is taking place and the measures may be working.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

She was from Bielefeld actually, I believe that's your neck of the woods isn't it? Her daughter and the rest of her family still live there, she moved over here to marry my mate.

Glad you came through the other side mate, best wishes to Elite too!

Yes mate, Bielefeld is where I'm at. If your mate needs anything and I can help then don't hesitate to PM me. I'm in isolation but my daughter and other family members are out and about. 

Just now, SasaS said:

By my quick calculation, the cumulative number of new cases for the past 7 days in Italy is 15% to 20% higher than the previous 7 days, which is a significantly slower growth then the 7 days before that. It is either slowly reaching a plateau or they are testing on the limit.

At this rate, it would take them about 4 weeks to double the number of daily new cases, which would  signal a significant slowing down is taking place and the measures may be working.

Good news that, Dr. Harries.

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yes mate, Bielefeld is where I'm at. If your mate needs anything and I can help then don't hesitate to PM me. I'm in isolation but my daughter and other family members are out and about. 

Nice one mate, as I say she lived in Liverpool, but if anything needs doing for the guys over there I'll pm you. Cheers for the kind offer, and best wishes with your ongoing recovery.

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not strain, it's viral load. It's not been proven there are worse strains. Basically, the more you're exposed to virus, the worse it seems to be. That's why Doctors and nurses of all ages are dying. 

Makes sense. I couldn't understand why so many doctors were dying in Italy.

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They are testing 20K to 25K a day now.

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Who else had it? @mattyq @moof What about them? 

I'm fine, thanks

Went out today for the first time in 12 days. Stayed well clear of people and had a little walk around which felt really good

It's a pretty shitty thing to have and I just had the mild variety. Knackered now.

Thing about it was you'd have a day feeling lousy and the next day would be good and you'd think it was on the way out. Then the next day was lousy again... confusing and a bit scary

Best wishes for Elite!! He sounded like he was in a bad way but glad to hear he's on the mend

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve just clicked his profile and seen that he’s been on here since I heard from him and now I’m worried that he’s gonna hate me for broadcasting his business and making a move on his missus. 

I'm sure he'll understand people are concerned and wanted an update.

29 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Sorry to hear about your friends loss mate. This whole situation is just totally unbelievable and shame on the people who have still not taken this lockdown seriously.

Thanks mate, she was shit hot on people taking this seriously as my mate is a mental health nurse, yet she's the one who's gone! Horrible situation, take care of yourselves and your loved ones folks, you just don't know what is going to happen next!

50 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Mate of mine has lost his wife this morning, most likely due to Covid-19. Mid 40's, leaves behind a daughter, 5 step-kids, a husband, and a family back in Germany.

He's in bits, he's broken. I'm devastated for him, she was his equilibrium, she'd given him his life back after a terrible 10 years, and now she's gone! Fuck knows how he'll get through this.

Rest in Peace Tonia, you'll be missed!

Awful news - all the best.

Was she not tested?

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve just clicked his profile and seen that he’s been on here since I heard from him and now I’m worried that he’s gonna hate me for broadcasting his business and making a move on his missus. 

Sounds like he set you up, knowing what you were up to....

Thanks for the good will gestures.

I also have a blood clot on each lung, which I'm on anti-coagelants for which was terrifying when they told me but they said it's very treatable and the Drs aren't concerned. In some ways the Covid could have saved me as I would never have known about the blood clots on my lungs and would have been a ticking time bomb.

I'm a bit up and down but can't fault the hospital staff, they've been nothing but compassionate, attentive and professional. This infection is definitely no joke. I'm 33 and it's absolutely fucked me over. These idiots not following the guidelines don't realise the implications of what this can do to you, it's most certainly not just a bit of 'flu'.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 25

Guest Alex_K
2 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

If this lockdown is going to go on beyond June, the government start need paying families on a monthly basis until the end of this whenever that is.

Saw a report yesterday of civil unrest in Italy where families are going hungry and they are threatening to loot supermarkets.

The same will happen here.

I think you’re doing Italy an enormous disservice sharing that video. The regions referred to there - with gangsters threatening to kill people - are strictly in the south (Palermo/Sicily) - where ironically the virus has least-touched society. The hardest hit areas in the north seem to have pulled together through this. Those loveable Neapolitan ultras will no doubt be great fun to have around the community at a time like this. The North/South divide could become a chasm by the end of this.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I also have a blood clot on each lung, which I'm on anti-coagelants for which was terrifying when they told me but they said it's very treatable and the Drs aren't concerned. In some ways the Covid could have saved me as I would never have known about the blood clots on my lungs and would have been a ticking time bomb.

I'm a bit up and down but can't fault the hospital staff, they've been nothing but compassionate, attentive and professional. This infection is definitely no joke. I'm 33 and it's absolutely fucked me over. These idiots not following the guidelines don't realise the implications of what this can do to you, it's most certainly not just a bit of 'flu'.

Hello mate. Mook told me to tell you he was asking after you. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Elite said:

You look after yourself mate and I hope you have a speedy recovery without any complications. As you say, the Health Staff in every country are bloody angels during these worrying times. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Boris Johnson is a Marxist Communist with ridiculous pie-in-the-sky ideas. 

Am I doing it right? 

Screenshot_20200329_192320.jpg

And that's without a properly functioning economy.  Think what we could achieve in "normal times" if we acted collectively for the good of everyone.  Antisemitism though, innit. 

• Upvote 2