You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

42 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Surely to god it can't last that long. 

The Spanish flu didn't last that long and that killed millions and they never got a vaccine for it either. 

But I do predict we'll be stuck indoors for the guts of 6 months. Unfortunately. 

Wiki says the Spanish flu lasted for 3 years AND killed probably tens of millions.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Pastie head should still be able to do his shite updates from Mordor surely 

Well this virus was enough to incapacitate an Olympic swimmer and there are several accounts of people being unable to breathe without concentrating properly.  But old BJ talks confidently about leading the country via video link while he has it, so he must be safe in the knowledge that his symptoms will remain mild.  

40 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The government ordered a 21 day curfew. Migrant workers in Delhi and other big cities have been left without homes and any way to get back to their towns or states. They are having to walk, in some cases, half the length of the country. Not even provided transport as everything is shut down. Been watching it on the Indian news channels, it's shocking.

It was on Sky before, really grim.

42 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The government ordered a 21 day curfew. Migrant workers in Delhi and other big cities have been left without homes and any way to get back to their towns or states. They are having to walk, in some cases, half the length of the country. Not even provided transport as everything is shut down. Been watching it on the Indian news channels, it's shocking.

Fuck me, that's outrageous. 

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Would be nice to get an update from @Elite

His symptoms sound rough.

It’s not great. I hope he doesn’t mind me posting it here but I heard from him earlier and he’s currently in hospital with pneumonia and suspected Covid. He seems in good spirits though and said the docs aren’t too worried about him.

That’s certainly one way of having a few days away from being stuck indoors with the missus and kids. If Gaz commits to something, he does it properly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s not great. I hope he doesn’t mind me posting it here but I heard from him earlier and he’s currently in hospital with pneumonia and suspected Covid. He seems in good spirits though and said the docs aren’t too worried about him.

That’s certainly one way of having a few days away from being stuck indoors with the missus and kids. 

That's shite, tell him we're asking for him.

I was in hospital with pneumonia last year & it's not pleasant.

• Upvote 1

The thing I don't get is these two types of tests that are being lined up.

One is for to check if you have it. The other to check if you've had it.

Who gets which one and how's is that decided? The reason I say is that someone could have had it and had not shown any symptoms whatsoever.

Studies from China say that you can carry the virus for at least 2 weeks after recovering, so if you fall into the above and not shown any symptoms, you could still be carrying it and spreading it to others.

Also could be wrong on this, but I'm sure you can still be immune after recovering in terms of symptoms, but still carry it and again, spread it.

Just now, Mook said:

That's shite, tell him we're asking for him.

I was in hospital with pneumonia last year & it's not pleasant.

I’ve just clicked his profile and seen that he’s been on here since I heard from him and now I’m worried that he’s gonna hate me for broadcasting his business and making a move on his missus. 

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I saw some of that. They are going to be hit very hard in India at this rate. I dread to think the amount of deaths they’ll have.

32 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

A doctor said yesterday it depends on the level of strain you get.

Not strain, it's viral load. It's not been proven there are worse strains. Basically, the more you're exposed to virus, the worse it seems to be. That's why Doctors and nurses of all ages are dying. 

Mate of mine has lost his wife this morning, most likely due to Covid-19. Mid 40's, leaves behind a daughter, 5 step-kids, a husband, and a family back in Germany.

He's in bits, he's broken. I'm devastated for him, she was his equilibrium, she'd given him his life back after a terrible 10 years, and now she's gone! Fuck knows how he'll get through this.

Rest in Peace Tonia, you'll be missed!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Mate of mine has lost his wife this morning, most likely due to Covid-19. Mid 40's, leaves behind a daughter, 5 step-kids, a husband, and a family back in Germany.

He's in bits, he's broken. I'm devastated for him, she was his equilibrium, she'd given him his life back after a terrible 10 years, and now she's gone! Fuck knows how he'll get through this.

Sad news mate, what can you say apart be there for him. 

Also, hope Elite is back home soon and on the mend. 

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry for all of your lose.