You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Right, but it's either stay at home or more people die.  It's up to us how we respond as a society collectively. 

Then more people will die, people will not stay in the house for 12 to 18 months, it won’t happen. I’m not saying it’s right or that I agree with it I’m just pointing out what I believe to be the obvious, we’re not even a week in and people are going stir crazy and that’s not even factoring in the impossible economic problems.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Agree in principle but a vaccine is what, 12 to 18 months away? It is simply impossible to enforce lockdown for anywhere near that length of time.

Nor will they.

People will be at home for most of April, then probably again next winter for another month.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You wanted the landlord of the boozer in Speke who opened after the ban to be put in the corona saints thread you fucking blanket. 

I explained to you that was a throwaway remark, a stab at humour and you seemed to except. It's over there go take another look you disingenuous little cunt.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Then more people will die, people will not stay in the house for 12 to 18 months, it won’t happen. I’m not saying it’s right or that I agree with it I’m just pointing out what I believe to be the obvious, we’re not even a week in and people are going stir crazy.

Those people were not ready for prime time. This is a difficult situation. Putting essential tasks and emergencies aside, if you're not capable of seeing the big picture that it's better to stay where you live for an extended period of time, you need to change your behaviour. 
But these lockdowns won't be continuous, anyway. 

My brother, the selfish cunt, tried to move my at risk mum in to look after his kids so he didn’t need to take time off work or pay for childcare. His Mrs mum had been doing it, but they decided it was too much of a risk for her, so put pressure on my mum to do it, again she is in the at risk category.

One week on and me telling him in no uncertain terms that he’s a cunt and this will not be happening a bloke he looks after, he’s a carer, has died of ‘pneumonia’  I’m paying my mums rent and buying her shopping whilst she isolating as she doesn’t go through the correct HMRC channels and lost all income. Close shave.

I genuinely could kill him.

• Upvote 1

Yeah there's no need at all for us to be thinking about 12-18 months stuck inside in isolation. Our governments for the most part have been fucking stupid, but if the testing and tracing bit starts to click soon (and it should do) we might be well over the worst part of this. And it should never flare up again like it has either because as cases wind down and we learn how to deal with it the right measures next time around if it starts up can clear up any outbreaks a lot faster and before they get out of hand.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Then more people will die, people will not stay in the house for 12 to 18 months, it won’t happen. I’m not saying it’s right or that I agree with it I’m just pointing out what I believe to be the obvious, we’re not even a week in and people are going stir crazy and that’s not even factoring in the impossible economic problems.

I share your concerns about civil liberties/civil unrest.  I don't know what the answer is other than don't vote Tory because they're tough on crime and the causes of crime but don't appear to give much of a shit about this virus.  Not a good combo.  

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Those people were not ready for prime time. This is a difficult situation. Putting essential tasks and emergencies aside, if you're not capable of seeing the big picture that it's better to stay where you live for an extended period of time, you need to change your behaviour. 
But these lockdowns won't be continuous, anyway. 

Yes but a lot depends on the quality or lack of it in your home life. It's not a one box fits all situation.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah there's no need at all for us to be thinking about 12-18 months stuck inside in isolation. Our governments for the most part have been fucking stupid, but if the testing and tracing bit starts to click soon (and it should do) we might be well over the worst part of this. And it should never flare up again like it has either because as cases wind down and we learn how to deal with it the right measures next time around if it starts up can clear up any outbreaks a lot faster and before they get out of hand.

I admire your optimism.

29 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Hmmm. It strikes me that if anyone was planning a more permanent rollback of freedoms, that this would be the perfect situation for seeing how far you could go. Certainly we're finding out which individuals can be relied upon to toe the government line unquestionably, mentioning no names. 

Don that cape, Captain Liberty. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We're running at a 50% mortality rate for those admitted into an ICU bed, according to the Guardian. 

That's frightening. 

It's normally lower than that for Covid 19 if the Guardian are correct which they're probably not.

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

My brother, the selfish cunt, tried to move my at risk mum in to look after his kids so he didn’t need to take time off work or pay for childcare. His Mrs mum had been doing it, but they decided it was too much of a risk for her, so put pressure on my mum to do it, again she is in the at risk category.

One week on and me telling him in no uncertain terms that he’s a cunt and this will not be happening a bloke he looks after, he’s a carer, has died of ‘pneumonia’  I’m paying my mums rent and buying her shopping whilst she isolating as she doesn’t go through the correct HMRC channels and lost all income. Close shave.

I genuinely could kill him.

That's pretty bad mate. Don't blame you for being pissed. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's still frightening. 

So swivel. 

Just saying, if you're in an intensive care unit for whatever reason, you've got machines doing the work for your organs. It stands to reason people won't have a good prognosis. It's not a stat to be worried or surprised about.