You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, 260 deaths just announced today. It's increasing exponentially. And still you have tits turning up at places going on 'holiday.'

Being a bit of a drama queen I know but Im starting to drift between states of 'it'll be ok' and being scared. Trying not to show it to the missus and my lad who lives with us.

I suggested to the missus that only I go out and do the shopping this coming week. It cuts the risk of exposure to just one of us and I can whizz around Asda quicker than she can because she spends a fucking age pondering to buy this brand or that, whether we need or like it or whether it's the best cut of meat she can find.

Worrying fucking times.

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

The reaction from police and authorities are big brother overkill.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

I think the answer to this is that you have to go at the speed of the slowest. You will have seen all the knobheads ramming parks, the lake district and beaches. They have to drive there, go in petrol stations, motorway services and car parks. Its eminently simple to me, stay in doors other than for lifes essentials

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What if they breakdown and the RAC etc have to be sent out?

What if they have an accident during their unnecessary journey/day out at the local rocky outcrop and the emergency services need to attend? 

What if they need to refuel during their journey and inadvertently touch petrol pumps etc with their hands? 

Why not just eliminate these risks and have a walk locally? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think the answer to this is that you have to go at the speed of the slowest. You will have seen all the knobheads ramming parks, the lake district and beaches. They have to drive there, go in petrol stations, motorway services and car parks. Its eminently simple to me, stay in doors other than for lifes essentials

Not to mention the fact that every day x number of people break down , crash etc requiring either medical services and recovery etc etc , stay at home for fucksake .

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell. Not just any countryside, British countryside!  Moron. 

17 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

New York to be quarantined for 2 weeks according to Trump.

Typical Trump. He's not even talked to Cuomo about it.

One day he’s talking about relaxing conditions so people can go back to work, the next he’s talking about quarantining an entire state. He just says the first thing that comes into his head in reaction to whatever is put in front of him at any given moment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anubis said:

One day he’s talking about relaxing conditions so people can go back to work, the next he’s talking about quarantining an entire state. He just says the first thing that comes into his head in reaction to whatever is put in front of him at any given moment.

my money is on Melania being at Trump Tower and trying to find a way to stay away from him for a few weeks

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Poor Italians, they now have over a third of total deaths Worldwide. A lot of countries are obviously being a bit secretive about the true state of affairs and a lot of them just won#t have the testing capabilities etc, the true figures must be horrendous, bad enough as it is. 

32 minutes ago, elvis said:

Team orange on TV saying you know we may quarantine NYC New Jersey etc , didn't Italy do the same thing thus a mass exodus south continuing the spread?

My mate lives there, they already did that with another province and gave them 2 days notice before setting up the quarantine.

Ridiculous. It's like pouring petrol on flames.

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What if your arm bursts?

"Sorry, I've heard of a nosebleed, but in my 14 years of professional broadcasting, including 3 years as a hospital radio disc jockey, I've never had anyone come up to me and say "My arm's just burst. Could you play a dedication?"

To those browbeating moralistic upholders of law and order who preach from the comfortable surround of a nice 3 bed semi with ample space and a garden for fresh air I ask, what if you were one of the many thousands living in a fucking hellhole with a couple of young children?

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

To those browbeating moralistic upholders of law and order who preach from the comfortable surround of a nice 3 bed semi with ample space and a garden for fresh air I ask, what if you were one of the many thousands living in a fucking hellhole with a couple of young children?

Like these poor fuckers, go preach to them,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-41776369

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

We must act collectively to beat the virus.  The virus doesn't care where you live or how rich you are.  None of that matters.  Everyone must sacrifice something for the good of the whole.  Everyone has a part to play.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Terraced house and back yard here. 

19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fuck off Ratso you stupid tory voting cunt 

Ratso? 

Within minutes you were given all the reasons you should stay in. Unless you are fucking stupid you’d already know them.  Just stay in, iron the Union Jack curtains and have a lovely cuppa in your Princess Diana mug.  

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Like these poor fuckers, go preach to them,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-41776369

How does that stop them from going for an extended walk round the block? 

If they're living in such conditions, wouldn't that generally mean that they wouldn't likely have a car to get them to local beauty spots etc? 

• Upvote 1