You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

The rumours where she had a ring with a empty space in it to poison people and had secret affairs with both her brother and father. But there's no evidence of either. They gained a foothold when Victor Hugo wrote a play about her. 

The Borgia where a very powerful and controversial family a d had many enemies who wanted to discredit them. It's not a area I've read huge amounts on to be honest. But from what I have read there's little to back it up. By all accounts Lucrècia was a extremely bright and beautiful woman who was a excellent administer for Vatican City. Some of the rumours seem to stem from Cesare having her husband bumped off for no longer being of any political use and this was twisted to he was in love with her. She seems to have been married a few times to help the family politically.

It seems similar to the way Richard III was turned into a villain by the Tudors and then Shakespear after he was dethroned by Henry VII

I’m going to have to dig out some decent books on this now, cheers man. Peter hook, Jeremy hardy, then the borgias

50 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’m Scorpio, what does it say for me I wonder??

You’re inclined to hoard pot noodles but are incredibly generous under stressful circumstances. You may have a task you are working on interrupted and suffer a disappointment with a Pisces, who you had plans with. Your partner will overcome challenges at work; solved by technological advances in online ordering slots. Beware of Canadians with canoes, they cannot be trusted. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

You’re inclined to hoard pot noodles but are incredibly generous under stressful circumstances. You may have a task you are working on interrupted and suffer a disappointment with a Pisces, who you had plans with. Your partner will overcome challenges at work; solved by technological advances in online ordering slots. Beware of Canadians with canoes, they cannot be trusted. 

Boy am I pleased I'm not a Scorpio.

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

And do GM and Ford even have the capabilities to make ventilators? 

What an odd tweet, even for trump..... 

Ford are already doing it by lending their facilities and workers to GE to effectively expand their manufacturing capability

This is what I don’t understand about the Dyson approach in the U.K. - why aren’t they partnering with existing expertise to get it quicker and better. I suspect that James Dyson’s ego is the reason

10 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Ford are already doing it by lending their facilities and workers to GE to effectively expand their manufacturing capability

This is what I don’t understand about the Dyson approach in the U.K. - why aren’t they partnering with existing expertise to get it quicker and better. I suspect that James Dyson’s ego is the reason

Or the fact he's a hardline brexiteer buddy of Boris and their lining each others pockets? 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Fair play Wom, must have been a massive mental strain to get through all that shit as well as living with the diagnosis.

ever thought of recording it with your local MP? I know they can be a bit powerless, but fuck man, it’s a bad state of affairs.

I complained internally at the hospital, not just about this, but a whole bunch of stuff where the patients care took 2nd place to the stats. But they didn't give a shit, but it's all recorded. I was going to speak to my MP, but I genuinely don't think a labour MP would get anywhere with this shower of cunts running the country. It would be just another story to add to the many they already have. It would require someone in government to care and they don't - they only care about the "optics" and they deliver them with their stats, so it suits them. The only way to do something is work as hard as you can to get these self serving fucks out of office. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

To be fair mate, you are looking at Melbourne in lock down, versus a future state of London that could be who knows what. 

I know. It was lovely today.. we were just sat at the park catching rays, socially distanced from everyone else. 

• Upvote 1