You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I take it you saw the pictures of him furtively leaving no 10 today when there was a positively tested individual in that household. Either dodging the 14 day isolation they have imposed on the rest of the law abiding citizens in same situation or putting finishing touches to your theory above. 

No I didn't, I'll look out for that if I can, makes you think though about what shit all politicians across the board get up to, who was it that said its a good day to bury bad news on the day of 9/11? That type of stuff, anything to curry favour, careerists the fuckin' lot. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Completely missing the point of the whole thing. Idiot. 

Why is he an idiot? He's 100 per cent correct.

I suggest the country play a different game, instead of applauding the nhs workers at 8pm the country votes in a government that actually supports NH service workers.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I suggest the country play a different game, instead of applauding the nhs workers at 8pm the country votes in a government that actually supports NH service workers.

Brilliant!!

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh shut up you fucking muppet 

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So without repeating stuff already in this thread about how the Corona figures are being massaged, I'll give an example of NHS staff manipulating them in other issues without putting the patients care 1st. This is my 1st hand experience. 

In June 2018 I was diagnosed with cancer. It's a long story why, but the initial diagnosis was done privately in London. The consultant told me to immediately get into the NHS system and I should be directly on the 14 day programme, this means my next follow up (a scan) should be within 14 days. He sent me all of the medical evidence of the diagnosis, which I then shared with the GP over email. The GP logged me into the system while I was on the phone to her. So far so good.

I was then given a call 10 days later from a nurse, explaining to me that they didn't want to accept my initial diagnosis because it hadn't been done on their hospital (royal Liverpool) and I would need to undertake the original procedure again - and she was even stupid enough to say when I argued with this I knew the next step was scan, she said "we can't get you a scan appointment for 3-4 weeks anyway". I brought up again the 14 day rule, and she said this clock had not started ticking because they don't accept the diagnosis. Now I didn't get this procedure done in some fucking 3rd world shit hole with no proper equipment. I got it done in the Edward VII hospital where they treat the royal family. This also presented a new issue for my care. As well as the 14 day rule not counting, there is a 60 day rule for treatment to start from initial diagnosis and the clock wasn't ticking on that either. 

So, 2 weeks after this call I repeated what I'd done a month before. We obviously got the same result, my cancer had grown by another month. I then 2 weeks later (to the day) got my scan, 1 month after that was supposed to happen. They then needed a further scan, missed their 14 day deadline on this, before eventually giving me my prognosis and treatment plan. I got this over a month late. 

Now this wasn't some minor cancer and easily treatable (as those in the cancer thread know) and the month delay on providing my treatment risked my life even more. But did a get marked as missing the service levels? Did I shite. Everyone was in on this, the nurses, the surgeons, radiography, oncology and it goes on. When I raised this all I got in return was "we're busy, what do you want us to do". 

I could list another bunch of ways from my own experience and I am sure there's plenty of people on here who could also share similar issues. So all this idea the doctors aren't doing exactly what their hospital administrators are asking of them is fanciful. They do it every day.

Fair play Wom, must have been a massive mental strain to get through all that shit as well as living with the diagnosis.

ever thought of recording it with your local MP? I know they can be a bit powerless, but fuck man, it’s a bad state of affairs.

8 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Got to give Frank his dues, he is proper into it.

Cesare Borgia would have been isolated up with his daughter, and banging away at the first cough heard in Lombardy.

Got your family tree mixed up there. 

Cesare was Lucrècia sister, her father was Rodrigo Borgia(Pope Alexander). The rumours of incest seemed to start nearly 300 years later by Victor Hugo.