You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

It's not just for them. It's also for the people doing it. People isolated at home.

I can see how those that are isolated can draw some comfort from it. Once it's on the news though it gets a bit phoney for want of a word, this morning on BBC news they where interviewing a nurse or something about how they all sang somewhere and then asked if she could sing something which was pretty much shit, and now it will be the in thing to do and go over the top.

It's good for it to happen but leave it as that and not an ongoing trend. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Neither did I. I forgot about it until about 20 past. But to be fair it would have been pointless where I am. 

Im not being a cock about it and trying to look contrary for the sake of it though. Are you? If so then yes . 

I just think it's a bit of a shity thing to say about people who didn't think the applause thing was worth it and have the nerve to say so.

As I said last night, in the grand scheme of things, it'll make no difference what so ever. They need proper staffing and equipment.  As I also said, they should all be given a weeks paid holiday or if they prefer, a weeks wages and if we have to pay for it through a period of raised tax or NI so be it. 

• Upvote 2

It's outrageous that doctors and NHS workers are having to crowdfund online to get the proper PPE equiment they need. Absolutely scandalous. They should have had it weeks ago. It should have been ready to go! I can't find the words to describe how angry this makes me. This government has been dragging its feet over every small detail with this virus and yet they had a heads up from Asia. Our amazing NHS staff are basically knowlingly putting themselves in medical care situations with PPE equiment which is not up to standard (if they have it at all) and potentially exposing themselves to viral loads which could make them very ill. It's just very very sad that we as a nation have allowed this to happen.

I know people who voted for our current government and they lap up the spin, and in spite of the evidence presented, won't accept how this governent and past governments have badly treated the NHS. I despair!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I just think it's a bit of a shity thing to say about people who didn't think the applause thing was worth it and have the nerve to say so.

As I said last night, in the grand scheme of things, it'll make no difference what so ever. They need proper staffing and equipment.  As I also said, they should all be given a weeks paid holiday or if they prefer, a weeks wages and if we have to pay for it through a period of raised tax or NI so be it. 

Thats fair enough. I think its a shitty thing for people to knock something that was showing recognition and thanks. 

Wether it makes  difference or not in the long run is by the by. 

I can fucking believe I'm justifying people saying well done and thank you to the NHS. Have I accidentally logged onto a fucking Tory forum? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

It's outrageous that doctors and NHS workers are having to crowdfund online to get the proper PPE equiment they need. Absolutely scandalous. They should have had it weeks ago. It should have been ready to go! I can't find the words to describe how angry this makes me. This government has been dragging its feet over every small detail with this virus and yet they had a heads up from Asia. Our amazing NHS staff are basically knowlingly putting themselves in medical care situations with PPE equiment which is not up to standard (if they have it at all) and potentially exposing themselves to viral loads which could make them very ill. It's just very very sad that we as a nation have allowed this to happen.

I know people who voted for our current government and they lap up the spin, and in spite of the evidence presented, won't accept how this governent and past governments have badly treated the NHS. I despair!

100% and hopefully people who voted tory will realise that they aren't worth shit after all this. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Thats fair enough. I think its a shitty thing for people to knock something that was showing recognition and thanks. 

Wether it makes  difference or not in the long run is by the by. 

I can fucking believe I'm justifying people saying well done to the NHS. have I accidentally logged onto a fucking Tory forum? 

I’m the real virus

It's just a bit rich that half of the country voted for successive governments that have obliterated the NHS and put it in a position where it's unprepared for a pandemic and have dragged the other half of the country kicking and screaming out of the EU, leading to a drop off in nurses when they're needed most, and now they want me to hold hands with them under a big clapalong rainbow.  Fuck off. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, TK421 said:

It's just a bit rich that half of the country voted for successive governments that have obliterated the NHS and put it in a position where it's unprepared for a pandemic and have dragged the other half of the country kicking and screaming out of the EU, leading to a drop off in nurses when they're needed most, and now they want me to hold hands with them under a big clapalong rainbow.  Fuck off. 

Completely missing the point of the whole thing. Idiot. 

I think the clapping is a harmless thing to do, no-one was forced to do it. I didnt because no-one would have heard me and i dont feel comfortable with that type of thing.

The one thing it is, is another way to highlight how they should be looked after and perhaps future governments will.

Okay. My wife is a doctor and she’s currently working the emergency department here in Australia. I’ll ask her opinion on the clapping when she gets home from her night shift.

She’s loving it here so far though; instantly doubled her salary, working better hours. I, on the other hand, am already plotting our way back to London; probably the best city in the world, I’ve concluded.

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Strange how the PM, Hancock and Whitty have all come down with the virus and all gone into self isolation. Wouldn't it be some coincidence if the we get the number of fatalities Italy and Spain are seeing and they're not around to answer questions.

I'm not sure it's not some kind of We are all in it together spin engineered by Dominic. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Oh, shut up you imbecilic dickhead.

The two are not mutually exclusive, but can be recognised as separate entities, if you tried that is. 

There are fights to fight, stand down scout.

7 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Strange how the PM, Hancock and Whitty have all come down with the virus and all gone into self isolation. Wouldn't it be some coincidence if the we get the number of fatalities Italy and Spain are seeing and they're not around to answer questions.

Seven days for BJ apparently. But I wouldn't be surprised if that was extended so that he can watch 80s horror movies and eat Fruit Pastels for another week. 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, shut up you imbecilic dickhead.

The two are not mutually exclusive, but can be recognised as separate entities, if you tried that is. 

There are fights to fight, step down scout.

Nah man. I've paid my subs and everything, I'll write whatever I want.