You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

So the doctors are chronically underfunded hero’s whilst at the same time being government shills.  Instead of clapping them we should be booing them but given 5 minutes on Sky they are masters of bringing the government to account.  It’s complicated, I’ll give you that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Didn’t the clapping thing start in Spain a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah every night they were hanging out the windows applauding them. 

I expect those criticising it don't ever say well done and give anyone a pat on the back.

Or Thank You with genuine warmth. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think coronavirus anxiety has turned me into a weeb for tonight too, currently drinking miso soup inbetween buying Yakuza games for the PS4.

WHAT?!

This is the mother of all conspiracy theories and you are drinking miso on the couch?

You were worried about emails  a few years ago and now China and Russia have just created the GREAT EQUALIZER!!??

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Didn’t the clapping thing start in Spain a couple of weeks ago?

Yup, appaulding them going to and from work.   Which made quite a bit of sense. 

However hanging out your window appaulding no one makes zilch.  Typical social media shite.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grinch said:

Yup, appaulding them going to and from work.   Which made quite a bit of sense. 

However hanging out your window appaulding no one makes zilch.  Typical social media shite.   

Don’t worry, once we are out of Europe we can take back our own time, go back to region time zones and blow community minded shows of compassion and appreciation right back where they fucking came from! 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I expect those criticising it don't ever say well done and give anyone a pat on the back.

I just think there's more important things they need. Appreciation is definitely a nice thing to get but they need a lot more than just that.

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Might be me being cynical but like alot of social media stuff seems more intended for those doing it than those it's for. How about throw a pound a week into a fund for them. 

As said, hot meals and just staying indoors would do far more good for them. 

I'm still having to work even with a stay home for 3vmonths letter as nobody from my HR has bothered to get back in touch and confirm about pay, though I fully expect them to say if you want to stay off do but we are not paying you. 

The roads where still fairly busy, the local DIY/Home and Garden store car park was nearly full. 

Fuck clapping stay inside and stop spreading this shit around instead. 

Same with all the people moaning about Ashley and that cunt that owns weatherspoons. A large number out clapping, will probably be standing in a weatherspoons pub garden moaning about A&E waiting times within a month of this ending. 

Nice gesture but do something that'll make a difference in the long run. 

I know what you mean there about it being more for themselves, it's a bit like FB antics, the look at me thing and the grief fest that people do.. 

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I just think there's more important things they need. Appreciation is definitely a nice thing to get but they need a lot more than just that.

Appreciating them shouldn't be starting to be publicly shown now. It should always have been there. But a large amount of people do nothing but put them down, whinge and act cunts when in hospital. 

14 fucking million people voted for this cunt of a government and you can bet a large portion of them are out in the streets clapping away

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yep. Whenever someone gets me a birthday card I hand it back and say thanks but I need a yacht. 

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I never went out and clapped. Do I fall into that category ?

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I never went out and clapped. Do I fall into that category ?

Neither did I. I forgot about it until about 20 past. But to be fair it would have been pointless where I am. 

Im not being a cock about it and trying to look contrary for the sake of it though. Are you? If so then yes . 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Whenever someone gets me a birthday card I hand it back and say thanks but I need a yacht. 

What if someone posts it but you never see it? Would you still want the yacht then?