You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Your head is so far up your own arse that you're not capable of interpreting the numbers correctly yourself, the very thing you're accusing me of. 

I have pulled my head out of my own ass temporarily to try to interpret the numbers. Here they go. By  March 9 Italy did 1009 tests per million of people and UK 387 per million. On the same date Italy undoubtedly tested more in absolute terms.

However, here comes "the spin": the question asked was about testing at the same stage of the epidemic. Italy was, on 9 March, in a far more advanced stage than the UK. And this is not irrelevant. The same page tells us that since late February, Italy has been testing only symptomatic cases, not even contacts of the confirmed cases any more.

The situation on 9 March was as follows

Italy  641 deaths, 10,141 cases,        60,700 tests

UK        6 deaths,     373 cases, over 26,000 tests.

Can you see the difference?

By today, UK has tested almost 120,000 people, which is twice the number of Italy on 9 March, with approximate number of deaths, which would indicate that UK is now roughly where Italy was on the date of March 9.

So, at the same stage of the epidemic, according to the data you keep providing, UK has tested more than Italy. QED.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

I have pulled my head out of my own ass temporarily to try to interpret the numbers. Here they go. By  March 9 Italy did 1009 tests per million of people and UK 387 per million. On the same date Italy undoubtedly tested more in absolute terms.

However, here comes "the spin": the question asked was about testing at the same stage of the epidemic. Italy was, on 9 March, in a far more advanced stage than the UK. And this is not irrelevant. The same page tells us that since late February, Italy has been testing only symptomatic cases, not even contacts of the confirmed cases any more.

The situation on 9 March was as follows

Italy  641 deaths, 10,141 cases,        60,700 tests

UK        6 deaths,     373 cases, over 26,000 tests.

Can you see the difference?

By today, UK has tested almost 120,000 people, which is twice the number of Italy on 9 March, with approximate number of deaths, which would indicate that UK is now roughly where Italy was on the date of March 9.

So, in the same stage of the epidemic, according to the data you keep providing, UK has tested more than Italy. QED.

But the link I provided on the previous page shows that Italy has tested over 200,000 compared to 120,000. All you need to do is use that thing called your brain, SasaS. It's not hard.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm glad having cleared up Maddie's disappearance, the inside job of 9/11, Kurt Cobain's murder, and how much others rate a particular footballer, you've found a new subject to devote your life to.

Aye, it's bang out of order for me to be interested in this trivial topic.  I'm ashamed of myself.

Oink!

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

NYC could have an apex needing 140,000 beds and 30,000 ventilators! 

And Trump’s response.... 

What a gross cunt of a man. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/riegerreport/status/1243358351670611970?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.yahoo.com%2fhuffpost%2ftrump-coronavirus-ventilators-new-york-state-030627060.html

7 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Aye, it's bang out of order for me to be interested in this trivial topic.  I'm ashamed of myself.

Oink!

Being interested is fine. An inability to accept others may have a different opinion isn't. 

Still, you keep playing at being right, like you play pretend to be a solicitor.

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Look how far the podiums are today. Ha ha ha.

Like everything else this cunt government have done during this crisis, far too fucking late you fucking cretins.

They are the absolute worst kind of kneejerk, make it up as they go along twats.  The blind leading the blind. 

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just seen his 5 minute. interview in which he said he has a persistent cough and yet didn’t cough once .  Lying cunt , he can’t help himself .

Null and void him 

First thing I noticed. He started off by saying his symptoms were a slight fever and a persistent cough. He then went on to talk for about five minutes without a single cough or even struggling to contain a cough. Like fuck he's got it.

2 hours ago, PestiRed said:

Where’s she been? I’d have thought the Home Secretary would have been a bit more prominent in all of this

She must be fucking delighted with this Covid stuff given the shit going on before it went pandemic. 

14 minutes ago, TK421 said:

But the link I provided on the previous page shows that Italy has tested over 200,000 compared to 120,000. All you need to do is use that thing called your brain, SasaS. It's not hard.

It's actually 200,000 to 65,000 but never mind. I want to thank you for providing the links and making me look at the numbers, I know a little more now and we have sort of an answer to the question did the UK test more than Italy at the same stage. It did.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

But we have evidence on this forum alone of someone dying with a respiratory problem in hospital and they didn't test and my understanding is no post mortem testing. If you weren't diagnosed with covid 19 before you die, you're not in the numbers. 

But it's not part of a conspiracy, I don't think anyway. Maybe time will prove other wise but I would take this figures at face value give or take 10%.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's actually 200,000 to 65,000 but never mind. I want to thank you for providing the links and making me look at the numbers, I know a little more now and we have sort of an answer to the question did the UK test more than Italy at the same stage. It did.

I mean that's one way of looking at it, yeah. If you're fucking stupid.