You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

15 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Not as bad here in Winnipeg, only 34 cases and 1 in hospital. State of emergency and people generally are behaving. Restaurants and pubs closed, the microbreweries are delivering.

Still a run on bog roll though apparently.

Anyway, I hope the Mohawks side with us again (we did screw them out of Brantford though) as they can defend Cornwall. You can head down to Ivy Lea and Prescott and hold off the upstate New Yorkers. Once we repel them we'll raid their villages and bring back crates of Genessee Cream Ale and funnel cakes. 

I'll get the Mennonite's on side here- if those fuckers can build and raise barn in days imagine what they could with three day old Timbits and slingshots. Plus they make excellent sausage. 

This will be quick, we'll be home in time for puck drop on the 2020-21 NHL season.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, stringvest said:

you've got a bit of hay fever you massive wimp.

Edit:  If you die now I'm going to look an even bigger cunt than usual, so please don't. 

Hope she gets better pronto mate. 

Just keep regaling her with tales of the Pestilence. 

16 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

If someone dies then they’ll have CV on the death certificate.  

It is no different than what they already do with influenza.

David Rosenthal, director of Harvard University Health Services, said, "People don't necessarily die, per se, of the [flu] virus—the viraemia. What they die of is a secondary pneumonia. So many of these pneumonias are not viral pneumonias but secondary [pneumonias]." 

According to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), "influenza and pneumonia" took 62 034 lives in 2001—61 777 of which were attributed to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was flu virus positively identified. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is no different than what they already do with influenza.

David Rosenthal, director of Harvard University Health Services, said, "People don't necessarily die, per se, of the [flu] virus—the viraemia. What they die of is a secondary pneumonia. So many of these pneumonias are not viral pneumonias but secondary [pneumonias]." 

According to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), "influenza and pneumonia" took 62 034 lives in 2001—61 777 of which were attributed to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was flu virus positively identified. 

That’s America. 

Are you saying that in the Uk the people who die of this will be underreported?  That was the claim?  We seem to have daily updates of the deaths now, why is that going to stop? I’m genuinely confused now.  The government ch aged the reporting times so for 2 days the numbers were skewed (one day low, next day high).  Then it returned to a 24 hour reporting period so it’s consistent. 

the next claim was not all those who’ve died are being tested. But if their deaths are recorded as from CV does it matter?  I’m not seeing any cover up.  

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yes, certainly people who die of complications will in some cases have the death attributed to something other than Covid. 

Yes, there will be people who die due to contracting Covid but who will not have been tested.

Without a doubt.

So there is no cover up? 

Bright House (that place that sells things like sofas and tellys to poor people at extortionate APR rates of 99.9%) is going into administration. Feel sorry for the people losing their jobs, but it's another one of those businesses like the pay day loan companies we're better off without.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Bright House (that place that sells things to poor people at extortionate APR rattes of 99.9%) is going into administration. Feel sorry for the people losing their jobs, but it's another one of those businesses like the pay day loan companies we're better off without.

The entire telecommunications industry needs a good shakedown.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Nothing? Whatever you think of him and whatever you think of the reaction to the epidemic, he is the PM during a national crisis and the normal thing to do is to wish him well and ad some praise and words of support. It's not for him, it's for the morale of the nation. It's what you do. 

If Jeremy Hunt says nothing, would anyone really notice the difference? There's millions of people who genuinely wish him well. 

54 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

One person saying a thing happened in one hospital does mean it’s happening to everyone else in every other hospital.  

ta.  

Whatever makes you feel good. There's plenty of evidence out there and as I said earlier, if you'd spent any time requiring NHS support on anything that is monitored and recorded over the last decade or so, you'd know that shaping the numbers to meet government requirements is 2nd nature. I can go into detail on some of the things that have happened to me that put my life at risk and it was done purely to bend the numbers. 

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

the next claim was not all those who’ve died are being tested. But if their deaths are recorded as from CV does it matter?  I’m not seeing any cover up.  

Isn't "if" the operative word here?