You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My 79 year old father has decided that the virus has been deliberately man made in a joint effort between China and the US, with a view to killing off our aging population. I just give up.

Is that really so unbelievable?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Not as bad here in Winnipeg, only 34 cases and 1 in hospital. State of emergency and people generally are behaving. Restaurants and pubs closed, the microbreweries are delivering.

Still a run on bog roll though apparently.

Anyway, I hope the Mohawks side with us again (we did screw them out of Brantford though) as they can defend Cornwall. You can head down to Ivy Lea and Prescott and hold off the upstate New Yorkers. Once we repel them we'll raid their villages and bring back crates of Genessee Cream Ale and funnel cakes. 

I'll get the Mennonite's on side here- if those fuckers can build and raise barn in days imagine what they could with three day old Timbits and slingshots. Plus they make excellent sausage. 

This will be quick, we'll be home in time for puck drop on the 2020-21 NHL season.

I haven’t got a clue what any of the second last paragraph means but it’s for that you’re getting repped.  

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

There's been stuff in this very thread from a forum member who's family member was deemed to have pneumonia and they never tested them. There's been people all over twitter saying exactly the same. If you can't be bothered looking or you choose to ignore what's in front of you, I can't help you. 

I have looked. Couldn’t find anything. All over twitter isn’t evidence.  Anecdotes. 

Fucking crazy. I always thought Bolsonaro was going to be the leader announced with it next, but maybe he's got it and is lying seeing as he wants the rest of the country back to work. Some reports said Bolsonaro had it not long back then a different story came out shortly after, often wonder whether that was bullshit to cover it up.

14 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

He doesn't sound very ill to me.

Mummy, can you write me a note as I can't be fucked today.

This was my first thought, maybe I'm just immediately sceptical. 

Is he having a tough time coping with all this unexpected pressure of the job and fancies a week off?

Maybe one of his PR advisors has suggested that it could be good for civilian morale seeing their leader in the same boat as they are, so he's claiming he's got the 'rona to act like he's suffering with everyone else. 

I want to see the media call his bluff next week, shouldn't he be immune now anyway? He won't have anything to worry about surely. We should demand he's sent into some of these NHS hospitals to see what it's really like.