You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Elite said:

My chest is a lot worse today, every deep breathe I feel a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. I phoned 111 last night and they said it's a common symptom and it should pass.

A common symptom of what ? Flu ? . Certainly I would be trying to avoid going anywhere near a medical facility but your condition is worsening. Look what you have described could be minor or up to peumonia (or covid ) either way you cannot ignore symptoms getting worse. As an aside who manning the 111 ? Medically trained personnel not being critical just want to know 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Elite said:

How long did they take to go mate?

Headache went after about 10 days. I have had the cough almost two weeks, but its definitely clearing up. The pains were occassional and I still get the odd stab, but its definitely better than it was.

Was tired too. Not massively so, but more than usual. Good excuse for a nap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

My chest is a lot worse today, every deep breathe I feel a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. I phoned 111 last night and they said it's a common symptom and it should pass.

Fingers crossed this passes and you get back on the mend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

So difficult to know what to do. I really need a course of intravenous antibiotics soon, ideally now, though I can drag it out a while before it’s anything critical. Who would volunteer to go anywhere near a hospital for treatment right now though, if it wasn’t an emergency admission? Tough needle to thread for everyone.

Good luck mate and if you don’t feel confident in that person’s advice or feel you’re getting worse, phone them back. You have just as much right to healthcare and support as anyone else. Don’t suffer unnecessarily.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

Hopefully that's because surgeries aren't opening as much and practice nurses wouldn't be in such demand ? If local palliative care team have been hit by the virus then this might explain the need for back-up

Oh that’s right but it’s to prepare for the extra numbers dying at home.

We will begin that conversation with our parents this weekend 

14 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

A common symptom of what ? Flu ? . Certainly I would be trying to avoid going anywhere near a medical facility but your condition is worsening. Look what you have described could be minor or up to peumonia (or covid ) either way you cannot ignore symptoms getting worse. As an aside who manning the 111 ? Medically trained personnel not being critical just want to know 

The person I spoke to said I have all the symptoms of Covid but unless you are really struggling to breathe or symptoms don't improve after 7 days they just say to take paracetamol/rest and it should ease in its own.  Not very reassuring I've got to be honest.

4 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

we are a proud and beautiful nation

Indeed.

Austria-Hungary was a proud and beautiful nation long before manicures.

Ask my Grandma and Grandad, who were born there - although it was Yugoslavia, unfortunately, by the time this shot was taken.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

The person I spoke to said I have all the symptoms of Covid but unless you are really struggling to breathe or symptoms don't improve after 7 days they just say to take paracetamol/rest and it should ease in its own.  Not very reassuring I've got to be honest.

Ok but watch how hard and painful your breathing gets . Don’t want you waiting for new Dyson ventilators to be on sale at currys that could be a while. Be careful. 

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

Ask my Grandma and Grandad, who were born there - although it was Yugoslavia, unfortunately, by the time this shot was taken.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Which is which?

Sorry, had to be done. I just couldn't resist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Your granddad is the spit of Wild Billy Childish 

BillCat.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Nice boots grannie

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

So difficult to know what to do. I really need a course of intravenous antibiotics soon, ideally now, though I can drag it out a while before it’s anything critical. Who would volunteer to go anywhere near a hospital for treatment right now though, if it wasn’t an emergency admission? Tough needle to thread for everyone.

Good luck mate and if you don’t feel confident in that person’s advice or feel you’re getting worse, phone them back. You have just as much right to healthcare and support as anyone else. Don’t suffer unnecessarily.

It's a tough one mate. The chest pain appears to be a very common symptom, if things don't improve in the next few days I'll phone back, even quicker if it gets worse.

As for you, stay well away. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Hat, moustache and a fag on even when his picture's taken - you're grandad looks like a legend. The slightly disheveled collar only adds to the charm.

Really hoping I age like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's a tough one mate. The chest pain appears to be a very common symptom, if things don't improve in the next few days I'll phone back, even quicker if it gets worse.

As for you, stay well away. 

Have you had a temperature?

My lungs felt like I'd been smoking 60 a day and they still feel like 20 a day, but it's getting better.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Have you had a temperature?

My lungs felt like I'd been smoking 60 a day and they still feel like 20 a day, but it's getting better.

I tend to get a temperature through the night but it eases with paracetamol.

36 minutes ago, M_B said:

Headache went after about 10 days. I have had the cough almost two weeks, but its definitely clearing up. The pains were occassional and I still get the odd stab, but its definitely better than it was.

Was tired too. Not massively so, but more than usual. Good excuse for a nap.

Had all of that for the last two weeks. Just started to get some energy back and be able to breathe properly without coughing. No fever at all though. Mrs is starting to feel crappy now, and her having asthma doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Had all of that for the last two weeks. Just started to get some energy back and be able to breathe properly without coughing. No fever at all though. Mrs is starting to feel crappy now, and her having asthma doesn't help.

Yeah I didn't get a fever either.

Dodgy stomach on occasion, but I put that down to the local takeaway.

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

We are in a lockdown (sort of). Everyone must stay at home except for essentials and basic errands. Food shops and pharmacies will be open to over 65’s from 9-12 every morning and no one else. Over 65’s can only go at this time. That bit is clear and good. You are not allowed to be within 1.5m of anyone else. Also you can be fined €1,400 if you break the rules - also clear and good

The not so clear bit is the list of exclusions and how you prove to the police that you have one of them

Doesn't really sound like a lock down. It just sounds like you can do what you want. Could there be anything worse than going for a haircut?