You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Where would anyone stand if like sometimes you're on the cards next job you're classed as self employed as I was over the years? Though when working as the latter you weren't self employed as such as your taxes were taken at source and you just paid your stamp. 

It used to be a grey area especially with holiday pay entitlements, I dont know if this is the case today, as most lads I know are still in  Construction and I take work as so called self employed so wondering where they stand as all sites will surely shut down. 

35 minutes ago, Mook said:

Call me a cynic but instead of clapping on your doorsteps, vote a fucking decent party who cares about the NHS into power*

*this is aimed at the British public in general, fucking shower of morons

The clapping was for all the staff working in the NHS. Yes they get paid, although not all of them will be well paid, but none of them will have signed up for this. A simple gesture like this will have meant so much to so many of them and their families and equally had brought neighbours out to see one another to show their solidarity in frightening times.

Loads came out on our street and we could hear cheering in the streets around us. It was heartwarming

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How is it where you are, brother? Everything is shut down in all but name in Ottawa. 

Not as bad here in Winnipeg, only 34 cases and 1 in hospital. State of emergency and people generally are behaving. Restaurants and pubs closed, the microbreweries are delivering.

Still a run on bog roll though apparently.

Anyway, I hope the Mohawks side with us again (we did screw them out of Brantford though) as they can defend Cornwall. You can head down to Ivy Lea and Prescott and hold off the upstate New Yorkers. Once we repel them we'll raid their villages and bring back crates of Genessee Cream Ale and funnel cakes. 

I'll get the Mennonite's on side here- if those fuckers can build and raise barn in days imagine what they could with three day old Timbits and slingshots. Plus they make excellent sausage. 

This will be quick, we'll be home in time for puck drop on the 2020-21 NHL season.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

The clapping was for all the staff working in the NHS. Yes they get paid, although not all of them will be paid, but none of them will have signed up for this. A simple gesture like this will have meant so much to so many of them and their families and equally had brought neighbours out to see one another to show their solidarity in frightening times.

Loads came out on our street and we could hear cheering in the streets around us. It was heartwarming

Fucker for the ones on shift trying to get their heads down like. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Would respiratory problems not be sufficient? Or the underlying complication? They're not testing people post death, that's been discussed widely on the news. What do you think doctors should put in that situation? What's certain, if there is no test, covid is not the cause of death. 

No. 

are you saying that the deaths are under reported now, or will be from now on?  I haven’t seen anything saying the dead aren’t tested but will happily read it.  If they aren’t tested but classed as Corona deaths does it matter?