You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finally back home after a bit of a nightmare. Thanks to John (Skaro) for posting a few updates for those who know me and those who are interested in a fellow formurite's well being. 

They don't mess about over here. I only called the hotline to explain that I'd been fighting a heavy cold for a few weeks, headaches, dry throat and nose, feeling weak and on Saturday coughing up blood. Never had a fever though, none of the time, although my temperature on Saturday was up to 38.3°C. 10 minutes later there was an ambulance at the door with a paramedic looking like a spaceman. He said that quite a few people had called in with more or less the same symptoms (especially coughing up blood) so they were gathering them all up to go to the Covid ward in the main hospital (flap time). Got there and was put straight onto the ward in a room meant for 2 patients but obviously in total isolation. One Dr after the other came in, chest x ray with a portable machine, shit load of blood taken then the Covid test with one of those large earbud things which they rammed up my nose. I was then stuck on a drip which they kept replacing with a new one, not sure what was in it and I didn't bother asking as I slept for ages apart from when they were doing their checks and whatever they were using was making me feel better. 

Thankfully the Covid test came back negative, think that was on the Monday morning. Here's the catch though, the Dr said that despite it being negative they can't completely rule it out, or that I had indeed had it and my immune system had fought it off. I was supposed to have another test but they've put that off until next week, maybe's because it ties in with this new test that can also say you've had it as well as checking cases who are still positive. They were worried that quite a few people had all called in withing a space of a few hours with the same symptoms but none with a high temperature as such. They took more blood which they are going to analyse as my SATS were, and still are all over the place, also high white blood cell count and although my breathing is way better I still get short of breath and feel dizzy when exerting myself beyond the norm. The thing is, due to having Sleep Apnoe my lungs were tested about 6 months ago with CT scan etc and they were fine. He said he couldn't divulge what the other patients results were but he did say the similarity with everyone was interesting and way above normal odds. I'm kind of hoping it is due to Covid and not that I have some lung issue, although I'll cross that bridge if it arises. 

I have to have a new CT scan in a local clinic, normally have to wait between 3 -16 weeks for an appointment but they want me to go in at 5pm today. I can't be arsed as all I want to do is go to bed, better go though. I also have to go back to hospital in 10-14 days for a Bronchoskopie and more blood tests. Obviously have to self isolate apart from appointments like this afternoon in clinics set up for it and use a car/taxi. I can go in the garden, so at least I have that. Family are fine apart from sniffles. Not sure if they'll be tested when this Health bod comes over to do that second test. 

Anyway, just thought I'd give you an update and I'll keep you informed as and when results etc come in. Desperate need of my bed, as although I feel much better I'm still feeling like shit, hopefully this CT scan will get sone quickly. Take care all, strange time we are all having to live through at the moment. 

Forum malingerer ! . Rest up , in the context of having this illness you are now in the "at risk" group for covid so stay extra safe. Your thoughts on the NHS and how they coping with the strain much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finally back home after a bit of a nightmare. Thanks to John (Skaro) for posting a few updates for those who know me and those who are interested in a fellow formurite's well being. 

They don't mess about over here. I only called the hotline to explain that I'd been fighting a heavy cold for a few weeks, headaches, dry throat and nose, feeling weak and on Saturday coughing up blood. Never had a fever though, none of the time, although my temperature on Saturday was up to 38.3°C. 10 minutes later there was an ambulance at the door with a paramedic looking like a spaceman. He said that quite a few people had called in with more or less the same symptoms (especially coughing up blood) so they were gathering them all up to go to the Covid ward in the main hospital (flap time). Got there and was put straight onto the ward in a room meant for 2 patients but obviously in total isolation. One Dr after the other came in, chest x ray with a portable machine, shit load of blood taken then the Covid test with one of those large earbud things which they rammed up my nose. I was then stuck on a drip which they kept replacing with a new one, not sure what was in it and I didn't bother asking as I slept for ages apart from when they were doing their checks and whatever they were using was making me feel better. 

Thankfully the Covid test came back negative, think that was on the Monday morning. Here's the catch though, the Dr said that despite it being negative they can't completely rule it out, or that I had indeed had it and my immune system had fought it off. I was supposed to have another test but they've put that off until next week, maybe's because it ties in with this new test that can also say you've had it as well as checking cases who are still positive. They were worried that quite a few people had all called in withing a space of a few hours with the same symptoms but none with a high temperature as such. They took more blood which they are going to analyse as my SATS were, and still are all over the place, also high white blood cell count and although my breathing is way better I still get short of breath and feel dizzy when exerting myself beyond the norm. The thing is, due to having Sleep Apnoe my lungs were tested about 6 months ago with CT scan etc and they were fine. He said he couldn't divulge what the other patients results were but he did say the similarity with everyone was interesting and way above normal odds. I'm kind of hoping it is due to Covid and not that I have some lung issue, although I'll cross that bridge if it arises. 

I have to have a new CT scan in a local clinic, normally have to wait between 3 -16 weeks for an appointment but they want me to go in at 5pm today. I can't be arsed as all I want to do is go to bed, better go though. I also have to go back to hospital in 10-14 days for a Bronchoskopie and more blood tests. Obviously have to self isolate apart from appointments like this afternoon in clinics set up for it and use a car/taxi. I can go in the garden, so at least I have that. Family are fine apart from sniffles. Not sure if they'll be tested when this Health bod comes over to do that second test. 

Anyway, just thought I'd give you an update and I'll keep you informed as and when results etc come in. Desperate need of my bed, as although I feel much better I'm still feeling like shit, hopefully this CT scan will get sone quickly. Take care all, strange time we are all having to live through at the moment. 

Glad you are home and well(ish) mate.

45 minutes ago, skend04 said:

How are people with anxiety handling this whole situation? I've got to say, surprisingly, I've been the calmest I have for a long while. Pretty strange as this really is a reason for losing your shit.

I'm ok but have got a my first grey hairs over the last week, a rake of them too.

Probably more to do with being stuck at home with the kids than the killer virus though.

Also, get well soon Piston.

15 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Glad your on the mend mate. 

Berlin might be pushed back till next year. Ticket sales just weren't there and The Prance in Penzance has gone global. You and Rico are too big for the undercard. 

• Like 1

LONDON (Reuters) - Anyone claiming to have coronavirus who deliberately coughs at emergency workers faces being jailed for two years, Britain’s Director of Public Prosecutions said on Thursday. 

Max Hill said there had been reports in recent days of people coughing in the faces of police, other emergency workers and shop staff. Those responsible could face charges of common assault, he said. 

“Emergency workers are more essential than ever as society comes together to tackle the coronavirus pandemic,” Hill said in a statement. 

“I am therefore appalled by reports of police officers and other frontline workers being deliberately coughed at by people claiming to have COVID-19. Let me be very clear: this is a crime and needs to stop.” 

On Wednesday, a 45-year-old man admitted three counts of assaulting an emergency worker after claiming to have coronavirus and directing coughs at London police officers arresting him for another offence, the Crown Prosecution Service said. 

In Blackburn, northern England, a 40-year-old man was jailed after threatening to spit at officers on Monday after they had asked why he was out with two others following the government’s announcement that social gatherings should cease and that people observe strict rules on social distancing.

2 minutes ago, davelfc said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Anyone claiming to have coronavirus who deliberately coughs at emergency workers faces being jailed for two years, Britain’s Director of Public Prosecutions said on Thursday. 

Max Hill said there had been reports in recent days of people coughing in the faces of police, other emergency workers and shop staff. Those responsible could face charges of common assault, he said. 

“Emergency workers are more essential than ever as society comes together to tackle the coronavirus pandemic,” Hill said in a statement. 

“I am therefore appalled by reports of police officers and other frontline workers being deliberately coughed at by people claiming to have COVID-19. Let me be very clear: this is a crime and needs to stop.” 

On Wednesday, a 45-year-old man admitted three counts of assaulting an emergency worker after claiming to have coronavirus and directing coughs at London police officers arresting him for another offence, the Crown Prosecution Service said. 

In Blackburn, northern England, a 40-year-old man was jailed after threatening to spit at officers on Monday after they had asked why he was out with two others following the government’s announcement that social gatherings should cease and that people observe strict rules on social distancing.

Won’t happen though will it. The horrible bastards should be broken on the wheel. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Forum malingerer ! . Rest up , in the context of having this illness you are now in the "at risk" group for covid so stay extra safe. Your thoughts on the NHS and how they coping with the strain much appreciated.

Unfortunately he isn't talking about the NHS. The efficiency he describes should tell you part of the world he's in.

10 minutes ago, davelfc said:

In lieu of them being cattle-prodded and beaten half to death, I guess that’s something.

I prefer my idea though.

Cunts.

32 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That's good. 

Government reponse tracker for the fans of different governments response comparisons: 

https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/research/research-projects/oxford-covid-19-government-response-tracker?fbclid=IwAR23hNyYqLfdMQ5WyNOBqVqgv9QQDQN4Iqhl_fPvr4D61zqTNSftbtv8KSM

UK is somewhere in the middle. The higher you are, the tougher the measures compared to the number of cases per capita.

Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region Steve Rotheram will lift all tolls on the Mersey Tunnells this evening to stop NHS workers being forced to pay to carry out lifesaving work during the coronavirus crisis.

Mayor Rotheram has been negotiating the move with government in recent days and it will mean that from 8pm this evening, there will be no tolls collected at either the Kingsway or Queensway tunnel between Liverpool and the Wirral.

This is being done to support NHS staff and key workers who are travelling to work to help the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

At the same time, Halton Borough Council is calling on government to suspend all tolling on the Mersey Gateway bridge that links Runcorn and Widnes.

Staff working on the Mersey Tunnels are to be sent home as they are not considered key workers - but there will be skeleton staff in place alongside Mersey Tunnels Police to maintain order.

From 8pm this evening, there will be no tolls charged at either tunnel.

No money will be taken from Fast Tag accounts during this time.

The barriers will still be in place, but will rise automatically when drivers approach.

50 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Glad you are ok my old mate. Put the cunts in here inline you crazy fucker!

This is going to change the world forever I think, cases in Spain and Italy continue to rise so it doesn’t seem that lockdown tactics are working, the American economy is already tanking with record unemployment figures and we’ve only just started. Imagine another 3 (more likely 12) months of this, the world will be unrecognisable.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

This is going to change the world forever I think, cases in Spain and Italy continue to rise so it doesn’t seem that lockdown tactics are working, the American economy is already tanking with record unemployment figures and we’ve only just started. Imagine another 3 (more likely 12) months of this, the world will be unrecognisable.

With  China at the helm.