You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's not to the point yet where it's causing me massive distress and I don't want to be phoning 111 unless I'm really struggling.

Any type of symptoms is bound to cause anxiety, I'm like it at the best of times, I've got a bit of dry throat thing and all kinds of shit racing around I'm my head, but Ive been smoking like fuck recently so it's probably that, as you said about  calling 111 it's hard to know what's for the best but maybe do so just for piece of mind? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Any type of symptoms is bound to cause anxiety, I'm like it at the best of times, I've got a bit of dry throat thing and all kinds of shit racing around I'm my head, but Ive been smoking like fuck recently so it's probably that, as you said about  calling 111 it's hard to know what's for the best but maybe do so just for piece of mind? 

I'm just going to see how I go in the next few days. If it gets any worse I'll be straight on to them.

Maybe I'm being dramatic but I'm starting to think that barbecues, fires, wood burners etc should all be banned at the moment.  Apart from the effects on the environment (and the lungs) the smoke in the air exacerbates or causes an irritable cough -  so making people worry unnecessarily. 

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Maybe I'm being dramatic but I'm starting to think that barbecues, fires, wood burners etc should all be banned at the moment.  Apart from the effects on the environment (and the lungs) the smoke in the air exacerbates or causes an irritable cough -  so making people worry unnecessarily. 

You can't take away everything from people.

At least with the improving weather, families can at least enjoy a barbeque outside in their gardens for some normality in these fucked up times.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Went to bed last night feeling a bit better but throughout the night I had a high temperature again, woke up this morning with a very tight chest. I am fairly certain I have it, as the symptoms come and go, just as you feel you're getting better the temperature and cough/tight chest comes back even worse.

I've read a few personal accounts or people with the virus and they describe similar affects. It's not like Flu, with symptoms that remain until it's gone. This shit comes and goes.

Yup, I felt really good yesterday and back to feeling like shit again today... day 6

19 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

You can't take away everything from people.

At least with the improving weather, families can at least enjoy a barbeque outside in their gardens for some normality in these fucked up times.

Okay barbecues I get, there's a social benefit.  But log burners and fires? 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm still freaked out about the US. My only hope is that Trump is mostly reduced to a babbling buffoon on twitter with his economy obsession as enough state lockdowns start eventually turning the tide over the next month or two.

You are gonna have to hope it goes tits up in middle America then cuz right now it is concentrated almost entirely in Dem strongholds (CA, NY, Seattle) places Trump hates and his supporters hate even more.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Went to bed last night feeling a bit better but throughout the night I had a high temperature again, woke up this morning with a very tight chest. I am fairly certain I have it, as the symptoms come and go, just as you feel you're getting better the temperature and cough/tight chest comes back even worse.

I've read a few personal accounts or people with the virus and they describe similar affects. It's not like Flu, with symptoms that remain until it's gone. This shit comes and goes.

#RIP #YNWA

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Have you had mouth ulcers? I’ve had loads. Constant headache for over a week now.  

My Mum was really ill just over a month ago and she had the worst case of mouth ulcers I have ever seen as part of it.

She ended up going to the Dr's and they sent her to hospital, but didn't test her as although she had been abroad Benidorm was not on the dangerous places risk.

She is still not right, gets out of breath easily and is really lethargic which is nothing like her.

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Don't wanna tell you what to do, like, but you should definitely try to stop smoking. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Finally back home after a bit of a nightmare. Thanks to John (Skaro) for posting a few updates for those who know me and those who are interested in a fellow formurite's well being. 

They don't mess about over here. I only called the hotline to explain that I'd been fighting a heavy cold for a few weeks, headaches, dry throat and nose, feeling weak and on Saturday coughing up blood. Never had a fever though, none of the time, although my temperature on Saturday was up to 38.3°C. 10 minutes later there was an ambulance at the door with a paramedic looking like a spaceman. He said that quite a few people had called in with more or less the same symptoms (especially coughing up blood) so they were gathering them all up to go to the Covid ward in the main hospital (flap time). Got there and was put straight onto the ward in a room meant for 2 patients but obviously in total isolation. One Dr after the other came in, chest x ray with a portable machine, shit load of blood taken then the Covid test with one of those large earbud things which they rammed up my nose. I was then stuck on a drip which they kept replacing with a new one, not sure what was in it and I didn't bother asking as I slept for ages apart from when they were doing their checks and whatever they were using was making me feel better. 

Thankfully the Covid test came back negative, think that was on the Monday morning. Here's the catch though, the Dr said that despite it being negative they can't completely rule it out, or that I had indeed had it and my immune system had fought it off. I was supposed to have another test but they've put that off until next week, maybe's because it ties in with this new test that can also say you've had it as well as checking cases who are still positive. They were worried that quite a few people had all called in withing a space of a few hours with the same symptoms but none with a high temperature as such. They took more blood which they are going to analyse as my SATS were, and still are all over the place, also high white blood cell count and although my breathing is way better I still get short of breath and feel dizzy when exerting myself beyond the norm. The thing is, due to having Sleep Apnoe my lungs were tested about 6 months ago with CT scan etc and they were fine. He said he couldn't divulge what the other patients results were but he did say the similarity with everyone was interesting and way above normal odds. I'm kind of hoping it is due to Covid and not that I have some lung issue, although I'll cross that bridge if it arises. 

I have to have a new CT scan in a local clinic, normally have to wait between 3 -16 weeks for an appointment but they want me to go in at 5pm today. I can't be arsed as all I want to do is go to bed, better go though. I also have to go back to hospital in 10-14 days for a Bronchoskopie and more blood tests. Obviously have to self isolate apart from appointments like this afternoon in clinics set up for it and use a car/taxi. I can go in the garden, so at least I have that. Family are fine apart from sniffles. Not sure if they'll be tested when this Health bod comes over to do that second test. 

Anyway, just thought I'd give you an update and I'll keep you informed as and when results etc come in. Desperate need of my bed, as although I feel much better I'm still feeling like shit, hopefully this CT scan will get sone quickly. Take care all, strange time we are all having to live through at the moment.