You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Can anyone Accentuate the Positive? This thread is far to bleak. 

Absolutely loads of positive things going on. GTech, Gary Neville, Vans for Bands, half a million volunteers etc. It's incredible really, but lots of people are still going to die, lonely horrible deaths!

6 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

So the number of deaths released each day are not for cause of death Coronavirus, they are for someone who has died and tested positive. Two totally different things, based on the false negatives.

As close as you’re gonna get tho I’d imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Absolutely loads of positive things going on. GTech, Gary Neville, Vans for Bands, half a million volunteers etc. It's incredible really, but lots of people are still going to die, lonely horrible deaths!

Yes I know, it was something that there's a slow down in Italy,not a lot but a ray of hope maybe? My sister in lock down in Spain which is worrying, not to mention elderly relatives as we all have and worry about.

Just looking out for some positivity that's all instead of fuckin' graphs, just scroll past them as it seems like a graph contest

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Can anyone Accentuate the Positive? This thread is far to bleak. 

The bloke from Imperial College who put out the report last week predicting 250-500k dead in the UK spoke to MPs yesterday and said with the measures in place he now believes the NHS has the capacity to cope and we could be looking at "substantially below" the 20k deaths previously mentioned by Patrick Vallance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cuppatea said:

The bloke from Imperial College who put out the report last week predicting 250-500k dead in the UK spoke to MPs yesterday and said with the measures in place he now believes the NHS has the capacity to cope and we could be looking at "substantially below" the 20k deaths previously mentioned by Patrick Vallance.

Well that's something, not exactly a result but something cheers 

Went to bed last night feeling a bit better but throughout the night I had a high temperature again, woke up this morning with a very tight chest. I am fairly certain I have it, as the symptoms come and go, just as you feel you're getting better the temperature and cough/tight chest comes back even worse.

I've read a few personal accounts or people with the virus and they describe similar affects. It's not like Flu, with symptoms that remain until it's gone. This shit comes and goes.

Just now, Elite said:

Went to bed last night feeling a bit better but throughout the night I had a high temperature again, woke up this morning with a very tight chest. I am fairly certain I have it, as the symptoms come and go, just as you feel you're getting better the temperature and cough/tight chest comes back even worse.

I've read a few personal accounts or people with the virus and they describe similar affects. It's not like Flu, with symptoms that remain until it's gone. This shit comes and goes.

Have you had mouth ulcers? I’ve had loads. Constant headache for over a week now.  

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

No Ulcers. No headache as such just that weird state of mind when you have an high temperature.

I’ve had it a week now. Not been out of bed other than to go to the bog or shower.  

my boss has had it a lot worse.  He’s been off 16 days, very ill but didn’t quite reach hospitalisation stage. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve had it a week now. Not been out of bed other than to go to the bog or shower.  

my boss has had it a lot worse.  He’s been off 16 days, very ill but didn’t quite reach hospitalisation stage. 

My chest is sore but not to the point where I'm struggling to breathe, etc but I'm definitely anxious about it getting worse, which is totally understandable given what's on the TV every waking minute.

Hopefully you're coming to the end of the infection mate.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

My son had the tight/pain chest for a while, his doctor gave him antibiotics last Friday and it took most of it away. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm still freaked out about the US. My only hope is that Trump is mostly reduced to a babbling buffoon on twitter with his economy obsession as enough state lockdowns start eventually turning the tide over the next month or two.

trump mask.jpg

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, davelfc said:

My son had the tight/pain chest for a while, his doctor gave him antibiotics last Friday and it took most of it away. 

It's not to the point yet where it's causing me massive distress and I don't want to be phoning 111 unless I'm really struggling.