You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

“we’ve bought 3.5 million test kits but we don’t know if they work yet”

what the fuck?

Testing is gonna be shitshow.

Spain's deputy prime minister, Carmen Calvo, has tested positive for Covid-19, the prime minister's office said in a statement.

She had tested negative in previous tests, the statement said, but doctors didn't think those provided conclusive data.

26 minutes ago, TK421 said:

11 so far. I think they do the Welsh/Scottish numbers first, then release the figures for England after our illustrious leader has finished with his daily fibs.

There is no point announcing at 5pm, there probably more in the night.

Since 20/3 it’s been 33, 56, 48, 54 & then 87. 

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

What's the point of a lock down of this shit is going on? 

Let's be honest, there hasn't really been a lockdown. 

You've people dandering about all over the place.   Walking around supermarkets every day looking for shite like soy sauce. 

You've flights landing right, left and centre. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You've people dandering about all over the place.   Walking around supermarkets every day looking for shite like soy sauce. 

Yeah, but I got the soy sauce tho, didn't I?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's a phoney lockdown for sure. I'm convinced that Johnson wants this to spread as quickly as possible. 

5 minutes ago, ``` said:

Yeah, but I got the soy sauce tho, didn't I?

Not if it was me you asked today.    

Seriously tho, the amount of people walking right up to retail workers asking do you have blah blah blah and it's far from essential. 

Cunts dandering about every day, browsing every aisle. 

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Not if it was me you asked today.    

Seriously tho, the amount of people walking right up to retail workers asking do you have blah blah blah and it's far from essential. 

Cunts dandering about every day, browsing every aisle. 

How do you know unless you’re out dandering about with them....?

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's a phoney lockdown for sure. I'm convinced that Johnson wants this to spread as quickly as possible. 

Sweden apparently has fewer restrictions than most European countries, bars and restaurants still open, people doing social distancing on their own, number of new cases and deaths still rising at a slower rate than countries in lockdowns.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Sweden apparently has fewer restrictions than most European countries, bars and restaurants still open, people doing social distancing on their own, number of new cases and deaths still rising at a slower rate than countries in lockdowns.

Presumably that will be down to a lack of testing and a more widely dispersed population. Their leadership appears even worse than ours, which takes some doing.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There is no point announcing at 5pm, there probably more in the night.

Since 20/3 it’s been 33, 56, 48, 54 & then 87. 

And there’s no point announcing it in the night as there’s probably more in the morning, no point announcing it in the morning as there’s probably more in the afternoon..................etc etc etc etc

Just now, TK421 said:

Presumably that will be down to a lack of testing and a more widely dispersed population. Their leadership appears even worse than ours, which takes some doing.  

They have 44 deaths on 2,500 cases, which would indicate that testing, though not on the level of Germany or Korea, must be well ahead of Italy, Spain, France or UK.