You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Any forumites out there making their own graphs?

I've not liked what I've been seeing so done my own.

Both taken since time of 1st death...

Given there are questions over Germany's figures, ours don't look that bad, certainly not compared to Italy & Spain anyway. I think that "We're 14 days behind Italy" was more coincidence than anything else, we haven't accelerated to their extent since we were both on 233 after 16 days.

Only time will tell though.

USA starting to catch up quickly.

Source of the data is worldometers.info.

Slide1.JPG

Slide1.JPG

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nobody else has their posts pulled apart as much as I do.

That’s true, but I think the reason for it is that you regularly make proclaim how virtuous you are and how you never start insulting people and other claims of purity. That type of thing leads to this. 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have amended it, that much is obvious, because the number of flu deaths was lower than that.

Flu killed 28,330 people in the 2014/15 period in England and Wales. Time will tell how the current outbreak compares to that. And I won't be engaging with any more trolling until such a time as we are able to make that comparison.

Why flu?

Royal Society of Medicine said that government austerity decisions in health and social care were likely to have resulted in 30,000 deaths in England and Wales in 2015.

Let’s see if coronavirus is more deadly than the Lib Dem’s decision to sell out the country and back Tory austerity

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Many a true word said in jest.

I'm curious if forum members with asthma or similar respiratory disorders have noticed their symptoms easing lately?

There has so far been 400 deaths from Coronavirus, out of a yearly total of 136,000 - it is not yet going to have a statistical impact on the info you posted.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Parliament to be suspended for 4 weeks.

Selfish cunts, while non-essential workers still continue to go into work this morning.

Our cunts down under suspended parliament until August. So Labour and the greens won't have a voice while the liberals fuck us over. PM has already appointed the ex CEO of a resources company as rhe head of rhe coronavirus recovery Council or some shit.

22 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Our cunts down under suspended parliament until August. So Labour and the greens won't have a voice while the liberals fuck us over. PM has already appointed the ex CEO of a resources company as rhe head of rhe coronavirus recovery Council or some shit.

At least the cunts won't be going on extended overseas holidays on the public purse

Some woman I know has moved in with her ex husband and his new Mrs. The one he was having an affair with for the lat 18 months of their marriage. Her parents literally do everything for her so she wont be able to cope on her own. Both of them have to stay away as they have underlying health problems.

Her ex husband has been guilt tripped into doing it as she said he probably wouldn't see them for 3 months. 

This isn't going to end well. 

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some woman I know has moved in with her ex husband and his new Mrs. The one he was having an affair with for the lat 18 months of their marriage. Her parents literally do everything for her so she wont be able to cope on her own. Both of them have to stay away as they have underlying health problems.

Her ex husband has been guilt tripped into doing it as she said he probably wouldn't see them for 3 months. 

Requesting special dispensation to include this woman’s murder among the Coronavirus death statistics.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Of all the shitty 'reality' tv shit they feed to the masses, I feel a really great opportunity has been missed here. 

I heard it mentioned that in Italy, as well as an ageing population, they often have 3 generations living in one house and that has lead to high infection rates of the elderly.

Horrible for the kids when they grow up

"What killed granny?"

"You did you little murderous bastard!"

This study which shows that 50% of the UK may already be infected seems to be gaining some traction.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I heard it mentioned that in Italy, as well as an ageing population, they often have 3 generations living in one house and that has lead to high infection rates of the elderly.

Horrible for the kids when they grow up

"What killed granny?"

"You did you little murderous bastard!"

This study which shows that 50% of the UK may already be infected seems to be gaining some traction.

I'm sure not stopping sports, encouraging packed shops for panic buying and crowded railway carriages (as the companies reduced train service) along with letting people have a massive last night on the town has absolutely nothing to do with the herd immunity idea first suggested by the PM. 

In an alternate universe, a Corbyn Government  (with Laura Pidcock as Labour Minister) is handling this: laid-off workers, including those in the "gig economy" and those working for hateful cunts like the Gammon King, are getting paid from day one; construction sites and other nothing-but-profit parts of the economy would have been declared non-essential and would have been suspended; rent holidays would have been enacted for those in most need;  provisions would have been made for those on the margins of society, such as the rough sleepers and prisoners; Tube trains would be running half empty, as working class Londoners could afford to stay home; the Prime Minister's mantra isn't "believe in Britain" or "take it on the chin" but  "let us start from a sense of humanity; nobody is an afterthought; tens of thousands fewer people would become infected and thousands fewer would die.

But we wouldn't "get Brexit done" (whatever that means), so it's swings and roundabouts. 

Turns out those blue passports are fucking expensive.  

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

In an alternate universe, a Corbyn Government  (with Laura Pidcock as Labour Minister) is handling this: laid-off workers, including those in the "gig economy" and those working for hateful cunts like the Gammon King, are getting paid from day one; construction sites and other nothing-but-profit parts of the economy would have been declared non-essential and would have been suspended; rent holidays would have been enacted for those in most need;  provisions would have been made for those on the margins of society, such as the rough sleepers and prisoners; Tube trains would be running half empty, as working class Londoners could afford to stay home; the Prime Minister's mantra isn't "believe in Britain" or "take it on the chin" but  "let us start from a sense of humanity; nobody is an afterthought; tens of thousands fewer people would become infected and thousands fewer would die.

But we wouldn't "get Brexit done" (whatever that means), so it's swings and roundabouts. 

To be fair a decent proportion of them would be still arguing about the gender pronoun of the virus. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, davelfc said:

I'm sure not stopping sports, encouraging packed shops for panic buying and crowded railway carriages (as the companies reduced train service) along with letting people have a massive last night on the town has absolutely nothing to do with the herd immunity idea first suggested by the PM. 

Quite possible, but then we haven't yet seen the deaths that would have been predicted. I know there are many already in the post unfortunately, but Cheltenham Festival was 12 days 13 days ago now. The flip side would be that we have an absolute explosion in cases.

I'd love to believe 50% have already been infected and the mortality rate is a lot lower, and the minor symptoms or asymptomatic group is much larger.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You missed the bit where scientists discover the cure is distilled from JCs sweat. 

• Upvote 1