You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven't amended it (another lie) and can you back it up? Show me a fact that says we had exactly 15000 deaths caused by flu in the first week of 2015. And by 'we' who are 'we'? Humanity? The UK? Wallasey? Your Warhammer friends? 

I have amended it, that much is obvious, because the number of flu deaths was lower than that.

Flu killed 28,330 people in the 2014/15 period in England and Wales. Time will tell how the current outbreak compares to that. And I won't be engaging with any more trolling until such a time as we are able to make that comparison.

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

2015 was a particularly bad year though with a largely ineffective vaccine. We had under 1700 deaths last year with a much 'better' vaccine used.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/07/number-deaths-england-wales-12-year-high-life-expectancy

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have amended it, that much is obvious, because the number of flu deaths was lower than that.

Flu killed 28,330 people in the 2014/15 period in England and Wales. Time will tell how the current outbreak compares to that. And I won't be engaging with any more trolling until such a time as we are able to make that comparison.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive had to take to the streets for a run a couple of times because my gym is shut. I go earlyish in the morning and have barely seen anybody. Its a killer after using a treadmill for the past 5 years or so.

Ive got an exercise bike at home, I might take the ironing off it and actually use it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You haven't amended it.

Trolling? You are the only troll here. You can't even prove your facts. Ive just asked you to show me evidence of this statement you made "The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths from flu." 

Are you saying you can't do that? Is it another lie? Who are 'we'? 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

29480525-4f98-4f5b-bb47-916e761a545c-1020x612.jpeg

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven't amended it.

Trolling? You are the only troll here. You can't even prove your facts. Ive just asked you to show me evidence of this statement you made "The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths from flu." 

Are you saying you can't do that? Is it another lie? Who are 'we'? 

Are you fucking dense? Check the original post, I had already deleted the words "from flu" before you replied to it the first time.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

He's also cherry-picked a particularly high year.

Because I literally said coronavirus would be no worse than a bad flu outbreak, so of course I am picking the last bad flu outbreak, because that's the exact comparison I was making.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are you fucking dense? Check the original post, I had already deleted the words "from flu" before you replied to it the first time.

Answer the fucking questions you lying little coward 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because I literally said coronavirus would be no worse than a bad flu outbreak, so of course I am picking the last bad flu outbreak, because that's the exact comparison I was making.

Oh so hang on you said flu but have now decided to remove 'flu'. What else are you including? Stabbings? Plane Crashes? Rabbit attacks? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That the coronavirus would be no more deadly than a bad flu outbreak.

The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths. Get back to me if we exceed that at any point.

In the winter of 2017/18 241 died from Flu in the UK. Today in the UK 87 people died from COVID-19. At some some point in the near future the UK will most certainly have more deaths in one day than the entire winter of 2017/18. Some times numbers just can't be spun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/20/britons-urged-to-get-flu-vaccine-as-critical-cases-rise-above-2000

1 minute ago, No2 said:

In the winter of 2017/18 241 died from Flu in the UK. Today in the UK 87 people died from COVID-19. At some some point in the near future the UK will most certainly have more deaths in one day than the entire winter of 2017/18. Some times numbers just can't be spun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/20/britons-urged-to-get-flu-vaccine-as-critical-cases-rise-above-2000

Troll 

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven't amended it (another lie) and can you back it up? Show me a fact that says we had exactly 15000 deaths caused by flu in the first week of 2015. And by 'we' who are 'we'? Humanity? The UK? Wallasey? Your Warhammer friends? 

Oi, leave Warhammer out of it.

Worrhamuh!

• Upvote 4