You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I've got a roofing job at a school that went on hold about 4 weeks ago as it needs extensive structural works. With schools shut this is an ideal opportunity to get it done because otherwise I'd have to find somewhere for all the kids to go in term time whilst we get crash decks installed in the rooms below. I'm with BoJo on this occasion, keep the builders and roofers working. 2m apart that is.

I have no problem anyone at all working. Workers travelling to sites not an issue either the problem is hoards of people boarding inadequate levels of public transport to get to work. Basically this is all about London it should be shut down and all flights stopped yet he will not do it. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

image.png

He's such a fucking moron it's unbelievable. Have spent weeks wondering if we were ever going to start dealing with this properly and now that we're mostly locked down a lot of my anxiety has instantly shifted over to the US instead. With that twat in charge, his obsession with the economy and the mess he's already made the US risks having a complete nightmare with this for quite a while to come.

My main hope I suppose is that states ignore the federal gov's bullshit and lockdown to protect their people. Then Trump and other idiots will hopefully back down and just let the economy go for a while. If they can continually borrow trillions for wars and that doesn't matter then borrow some more to see the economy over for a while for fucks sake and think about people's lives instead.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

My main hope I suppose is that states ignore the federal gov's bullshit and lockdown to protect their people. Then Trump and other idiots will hopefully back down and just let the economy go for a while. If they can continually borrow trillions for wars and that doesn't matter then borrow some more to see the economy over for a while for fucks sake and think about people's lives instead.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Has anyone ever felt re-assured after a Matt Hancock TV appearance?

He's fucking clueless. Another question dodging, mumbling Tory cunt.

I've not had any hope or possibility of assurance from him ever since I saw this during the election. He's a complete snidey fraudulent cunt. One of the only times I've ever seen him speak since this was when Morgan was having a go at him yesterday. And he was still shaking his head about the herd immunity plan as if it'd never existed after Morgan had just played him the clip of the guy speaking about it.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

You're assuming that state governors aren't just as retarded as Trump. 

https://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/mar/23/governor-rejects-state-lockdown-covid-19-mississip/

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

giphy.gif

Ok, maybe he could pretend to think about people's lives then as states refuse his stupid ideas and lockdown. I don't get it really, the more effort put into lockdowns, testing, tracing etc, the faster things might actually get up and running in some type of normal-ish way again.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've not had any hope or possibility of assurance from him ever since I saw this during the election. He's a complete snidey fraudulent cunt. One of the only times I've ever seen him speak since this was when Morgan was having a go at him yesterday. And he was still shaking his head about the herd immunity plan as if it'd never existed after Morgan had just played him the clip of the guy speaking about it.

Turdesye called him a 100 carrot cunt that day didn't he?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

You're assuming that state governors aren't just as retarded as Trump. 

https://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/mar/23/governor-rejects-state-lockdown-covid-19-mississip/

Yeah there's that too. I had no hope that all 50 states would suddenly do the right thing but maybe it'll become more of a pressure thing from people as more of them lockdown and fewer and fewer remain. Just like we've had to pressure this government almost every step of the fucking way so far too. We need better leaders in almost every single place we can think of, no wonder our existence is in such a mess.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ok, maybe he could pretend to think about people's lives then as states refuse his stupid ideas and lockdown. I don't get it really, the more effort put into lockdowns, testing, tracing etc, the faster things might actually get up and running in some type of normal-ish way again.

dumbfounded-gif-11.gif

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What about the one bit of exercise if you're not as fit as you want to be? 

Can you go for a power walk/jog and then have a little sit for 5 or 10 minutes to get your breath back before heading back home? 

Ive had to take to the streets for a run a couple of times because my gym is shut. I go earlyish in the morning and have barely seen anybody. Its a killer after using a treadmill for the past 5 years or so.