You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I don't really see what he's done there. I don't know how he'll police it if you're out for your 1st walk or 50th walk of the day. How will they stop parks being full with these rules like they were at the weekend? How will they stop queues in supermarkets? Absolutely everyone can still go to work, yes he wants you to WFH, but I don't see he's enforcing it - I was expecting only essential workers going to work. I just really don't see how this is different to Friday, aside from he's shut the shops that were shutting anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't really see what he's done there. I don't know how he'll police it if you're out for your 1st walk or 50th walk of the day. How will they stop parks being full with these rules like they were at the weekend? How will they stop queues in supermarkets? Absolutely everyone can still go to work, yes he wants you to WFH, but I don't see he's enforcing it - I was expecting only essential workers going to work. I just really don't see how this is different to Friday, aside from he's shut the shops that were shutting anyway. 

He's quite the master at rewording the same shit. I'll give him that.

You have to hand it to the BBC for their choice of programme on BBC 2 this evening Bravo you grim fucking horrible cunts 

Toxic Town: The Corby Poisonings Lesley Sharp narrates the story of a landmark legal battle by a group of women aiming to uncover the truth about birth defects in the Northamptonshire town being caused by toxic waste from the steelworks that had not been disposed of safely. The case had worldwide legal and medical ramifications as it was the first time that a court had recognised a link between airborne toxins and foetal development damage

12 minutes ago, ``` said:

Keyboard deliveries fall in the key workers category fella.

• Frontline health workers such as doctors and nurses
  • Some teachers and social workers
  • Workers in key public services including those essential to the justice system, religious staff and public service journalists
  • Local and national government workers deemed crucial to delivering essential public services
  • Workers involved in food production processing, distribution, sale and delivery
  • Public safety workers including police, armed forces personnel, firefighters and prison staff
  • Essential air, water, road and rail transport workers
  • Utilities, communication and financial services staff, including postal workers and waste disposal workers

9B92E496-0F13-4800-B6AD-5E099DF98F40.gif

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You have to hand it to the BBC for their choice of programme on BBC 2 this evening Bravo you grim fucking horrible cunts 

Toxic Town: The Corby Poisonings Lesley Sharp narrates the story of a landmark legal battle by a group of women aiming to uncover the truth about birth defects in the Northamptonshire town being caused by toxic waste from the steelworks that had not been disposed of safely. The case had worldwide legal and medical ramifications as it was the first time that a court had recognised a link between airborne toxins and foetal development damage

Age of Image is good BBC 4.

Make people carry some ID and limit people to going out to the first letter of their surname. So A,B can go out between 7-8, C,D between 8-9 and so on. I mean it sounds daft but it's better than the fucking honour system AGAIN! (especially when it comes to the exercise thing which otherwise is completely unenforceable)

3 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Make people carry some ID and limit people to going out to the first letter of their surname. So A,B can go out between 7-8, C,D between 8-9 and so on. I mean it sounds daft but it's better than the fucking honour system AGAIN!

Something along those lines will come next, most likely needing to get an approved form to leave our homes for any reason. We're following exactly the same path as other European countries. In a few days they'll be announcing more draconian restrictions as the infection rates climb.

Tonight's announcements were really just intended to be a deterrent to dissuade the majority of the population to avoid a repeat of last weekends scenes. The only active enforcement I can realistically see is to disperse gatherings at the moment.

At least he was clear tonight, no bumbling or immediately contradicting himself. We'll still end up regretting he didn't do this a couple of weeks earlier.

33 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

So if everyone leaves tomorrow morning at the same time to their local Tesco, then Tesco's is still packed.

They should have instructed supermarkets to restrict numbers in and outside of their stores and ensure social distancing is adhered to.

And we’re going to get another round of panic buying. Sorry, but not only do you need a more clear strategy for shopping, but you need to enforce the rationing of goods.

• Upvote 2