You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, clangers said:

He's addressing the nation after the COBRA meeting, apparently far more restrictive measures although the closure of Greggs warrants a speech to the nation on it's own.

"Err errr sums pharaoh yes err Greggs will will for the foreseeable future, and let me remind you we are a nation that voted for for for Brexit! that err er greggs will will close and arm err err arm sums sumush pffsshhh err we must believe strongly I what err what what we are doooing. And I pledge to you that I will still have my hair looking like a punched cheese and onion slice" 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I loved their 99p double cheeseburgers! They were the adult happy meal! I might have to buy some baps, burgers and cheese slices for a trip down memory lane (in the plastic car that I hope to get in the bag).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Huge address to the nation at 8:30. 

Either lockdown or he has ran out of batteries for his Speak & Spell 

Does anyone know what channel the address will be on? I could do with a giggle as he tries to turn on his Speak & Spell.

Interesting looking at Italy's numbers today.

Deaths today: 601

Deaths yesterday: 651

2nd reduction from previous day in a row.

New cases today: 4789

New cases yesterday: 5560

Obviously the lockdown is working unless there is a caveat of numbers that are unrecorded in both cases.

Lets hope they are turning the corner as the poor fuckers have suffered enough.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Interesting looking at Italy's numbers today.

Deaths today: 601

Deaths yesterday: 651

2nd reduction from previous day in a row.

New cases today: 4789

New cases yesterday: 5560

Obviously the lockdown is working unless there is a caveat of huge numbers that are unrecorded in both cases.

Lets hope they are turning the corner as the poor fuckers have suffered enough.

Day to day figures may not be the best indicator because reports are not consolidated fully every 24 hours. It's the lowest number of deaths in 4 days at least, so they may be reaching the peak. It's still four days in a row over 600 though.   

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So “the science” was actually just Piers Morgan the entire time. 

I don’t like him but to be fair his getting up the government’s nose over this has been second only to his stalking of Megan Merkel.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

There was due to be a panorama programme on tonight with nhs staff criticising the government over its handling of the crisis. No doubt a coincidence that Cummings has arranged a news conference for exactly that time.

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote 1