You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

53 minutes ago, A Red said:

Just been to speaking to some Slovenian friends. Their politicians have just given themselves a pay rise.

What I heard is they have announced a 30% pay cut for all government officials and more money for everyone involved in fighting the epidemic, like health workers and emergency services.

Before that they said they plan to increase the pay for government ministers and permanent secretaries, so don't know what will that mean in practice for them.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What I heard is they have announced a 30% pay cut for all government officials and more money for everyone involved in fighting the epidemic, like health workers and emergency services.

I was just going by what they told us on the phone earlier

https://www.total-slovenia-news.com/politics/5889-never-waste-a-crisis-govt-raising-pay-for-ministers-state-secretaries

6 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Damn I was one coffee bean sticker off a free cup of coffee.

Its a bastard, I was 1 stamp off a free pint in a pub in town. My mate has saved his cards and got 15 full ones now, its going to be the first thing they cancel when they re-open

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Their PM is a bit... I think he reclassified their pay grade, but cut the pay for 30% during the crisis to all officials, in favour of emergency workers during the epidemic.  

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its a bastard, I was 1 stamp off a free pint in a pub in town. My mate has saved his cards and got 15 full ones now, its going to be the first thing they cancel when they re-open

Stockpiling cunt, bet he's got a pallet full of bog rolls now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Trust Hull to provide one of the best examples of why we need more of a full on lockdown. And trust Boris to fuck things up again.

54 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't think he's well known enough to get the Bannon treatment. As per my message above, I would guess less than 10% of the population would recognise Cummings if shown a photo and given his name less than 25% would know what he does and the influence he has - I mainly blame the BBC and ITV for this. Bannon had quite some profile in the US, especially with the cunt wearing MAGA baseball caps. For me this creates 2 issues, if the people want a scapegoat, he won't be a big enough name. The second issue is he has complete control and will just direct Johnson to thrown Hancock under the bus on the basis of "as if an advisor could tell a minister what to do". The British population will lap that up.

I agree he might not be as well known publically but I think he's too extreme for the government to handle. I don't just mean MP's and Johnson, but government departments, intel agencies, other authorities and so on. I think he'll cause too much chaos and will eventually be gone because of that. And of course if intel agencies get sick of him because they see him as a liability they'll have their own methods for turfing him out.

My mum was telling me she was in Sainsbury's on East Prescot Road the other day. A pallet with toilet rolls was being wheeled in and some fella asked how much it would cost to buy the whole pallet. He was told stock was limited to two (I think) per person. He kicked off at the (female) store assistant shouting that as a customer he was entitled to buy whatever he wanted and caused a massive scene. 

BELL END. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/22/harvey-weinstein-tests-positive-coronavirus-pandemic-hits-rikers-12440266/

Harvey Weinstein ‘tests positive for coronavirus’ as pandemic hits Rikers

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus at Rikers, according to reports. The disgraced Hollywood mogul, who is currently serving 23 years behind bars after being found guilty of a criminal sexual act in the first degree and rape in the third degree, is said to be in isolation at this time for his safety and for the safety of other inmates.

1 minute ago, davelfc said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/22/harvey-weinstein-tests-positive-coronavirus-pandemic-hits-rikers-12440266/

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus at Rikers, according to reports. The disgraced Hollywood mogul, who is currently serving 23 years behind bars after being found guilty of a criminal sexual act in the first degree and rape in the third degree, is said to be in isolation at this time for his safety and for the safety of other inmates.

He's obviously refused to "commit suicide".

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Of course he has 

Wonder how much he paid for a positive test result? 

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

My mum was telling me she was in Sainsbury's on East Prescot Road the other day. A pallet with toilet rolls was being wheeled in and some fella asked how much it would cost to buy the whole pallet. He was told stock was limited to two (I think) per person. He kicked off at the (female) store assistant shouting that as a customer he was entitled to buy whatever he wanted and caused a massive scene. 

BELL END. 

Should have been barred from buying any then and there.

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Cornershop down the road from me has a sign outside saying "If you're not a regular customer, go away". Apparently they're refusing to serve anyone they don't recognise.

Tubbs and Edward 1 - Panicked mob 0

Good on them.