You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, A Red said:

I'm no Corbyn fan, but he should be brought into some sort of government of unity to help. I still want him to call the government to task but I do actually think he and the unions have a helpful role to play. Whatever i think about his policies, he does care and should be listened to.

The tories won't listen to him and him calling them out will only distract them from trying to focus on this while they get their newspapers to dig up lies about him etc. This can't be political at all now. All hands on deck as they say. Although the hands in control do happen to be vicious, self-serving, cowardly mentalists. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The tories won't listen to him and him calling them out will only distract them from trying to focus on this while they get their newspapers to dig up lies about him etc. This can't be political at all now. All hands on deck as they say. Although the hands in control do happen to be vicious, self-serving, cowardly mentalists. 

I agree that they probably wont bring him in but i think they should.

In this instance I do seriously believe the government do care and are trying to help everyone. If they fuck it up it will be through doing the wrong things rather than evil.

Just now, A Red said:

I agree that they probably wont bring him in but i think they should.

In this instance I do seriously believe the government do care and are trying to help everyone. If they fuck it up it will be through doing the wrong things rather than evil.

Ok mate. 

20 minutes ago, Moo said:

People going out in droves yes they're dickheads, but we keep getting told how exercise builds your immune system.  So these mixed messages plus people having more time on their hands would explain why we're seeing more people out and about (like the fella earlier in the thread who has suddenly started waking his dog six times a day), it's stupid behaviour but somewhat understandable. 

I suppose I'm just a bit uncomfortable with people judging people for this, and the bulk shopping business, when we are being guided by fucking imbeciles.  Yes we all have some common sense to apply but this is an unprecedented situation, many people don't know what to do for the best.  

At some point soon there will need to be some very clear guidance and rules given by this shitty Tory government or they WILL have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands - but do they care? 

They've picked a stupid time to start exercising in public places though! 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuine question, why is it not? If you don’t go anywhere near anybody how would you catch it? 

Because as we've seen, some people just cant be trusted and in certain places, it's impossible to keep a social distance. Like the supermarkets for example.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think expecting people to sit in the house for more than three months simply isn’t going to happen, anywhere. Force would have to be used I reckon.

I totally agree. I honestly don't think I'd cope with effectively being under house arrest. First time in my life that I'm actually looking forward to going to work on a Monday morning.

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm no Corbyn fan, but he should be brought into some sort of government of unity to help. I still want him to call the government to task but I do actually think he and the unions have a helpful role to play. Whatever i think about his policies, he does care and should be listened to.

I've not heard a thing from my union about this. So far I've been lucky not to have suffered but it'll be interesting to see what happens when the influx of money coming into the company dries up. At the very least I'd have thought they'd have sent out a generic email advising people of the very basics if they do lose their jobs or take a financial hit.

Bet they'd soon be on to me if I stopped paying my fees.

Back on the stealth herd immunity stuff, I was shit scared in the late 80s of getting AIDS. That was exclusively because of that advert with the tombstone that seemed to be on the tele every 5 minutes. 

Why aren't we seeing similar adverts, of a similar frequency, with coronavirus? There's been next to nothing. They could've easily done a short 1 minute or so advert and banged it on in between every programme. The "messaging" has been weak and half-hearted and hasn't really done enough to get people to move away from the PMs "take it on the chin" and "shaking hands" with coronavirus patients messages. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Back on the stealth herd immunity stuff, I was shit scared in the late 80s of getting AIDS. That was exclusively because of that advert with the tombstone that seemed to be on the tele every 5 minutes. 

Why aren't we seeing similar adverts, of a similar frequency, with coronavirus? There's been next to nothing. They could've easily done a short 1 minute or so advert and banged it on in between every programme. The "messaging" has been weak and half-hearted and hasn't really done enough to get people to move away from the PMs "take it on the chin" and "shaking hands" with coronavirus patients messages. 

Blood transfusion? 

40 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You now on the politics threads where I say I only care about me and my own?  Well seeing those fucking idiots queuing at cafes in Matlock and going sightseeing when they should be isolating just reinforces my thinking.  People are fucking stupid so fuck ‘em. 

But in this case it's not just themselves they'll kill with their actions.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The country and world is anxious and depressed enough at the moment. Constant reminders of death, infection and subconscious blame would surely be the catalyst to everyones mental health going down the absolute drain. I can understand your point of attaching consequence to reality but there's a better method than this.

1 minute ago, ``` said:

The country and world is anxious and depressed enough at the moment. Constant reminders of death, infection and subconscious blame would surely be the catalyst to everyones mental health going down the absolute drain. I can understand your point of attaching consequence to reality but there's a better method than this.

I had the radio on earlier and it was refreshing to hear adverts talking about phone contracts, car finance, bank charge claims etc. Normally the kind that make me want to squeeze a kittens neck until its eyes pop out into my nostrils this time made me want to go outside and make daisy chains. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I had the radio on earlier and it was refreshing to hear adverts talking about phone contracts, car finance, bank charge claims etc. Normally the kind that make me want to squeeze a kittens neck until its eyes pop out into my nostrils this time made me want to go outside and make daisy chains. 

Nothing is ever going to normalise that money saving, I’m Too Sexy cover, annoying prancing cow advert.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I remember reading a book on positivity many years ago and one of the things addressed was why news was always so negative. The explanation offered in this book is that the majority of things that happen on a daily basis in the vast majority of people's lives is positive so news tends to be reported as negative as it's in the minority.

I really hope we don't go down the road where news is always positive stories as that would mean the vast majority of things happening in people's lives are negative. Perhaps we need a positive coronavirus thread? Is that possible?

My mum just sent me a message. She got a message from a German pen pal 

Here in the Hannover Medical School was broken into and stolen:
40 liter surface disinfectant
100 protective masks
500 face masks
150 protective glasses

• Upvote 1