You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

You now on the politics threads where I say I only care about me and my own?  Well seeing those fucking idiots queuing at cafes in Matlock and going sightseeing when they should be isolating just reinforces my thinking.  People are fucking stupid so fuck ‘em. 

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Germany showing how it's done.

All non-essential shops shut down.

Meetings of more than two people banned, with fines of €25,000 for those breaking the rules and not keeping a 2 meter distance between people.

Rules in place until April 19th.

Would love us to adopt a similar strategy, 25,000 seems a bit much, but there should be a fine for being out for non essential reasons. How you police it is the issue.

Crazy that it should have to come to that when people are dying in their many hundreds every day and the numbers are increasing, but seems there is a large portion of the country that are simply ignorant to the problem.

12 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I'd give anything to stay inside for a few weeks but unfortunately I've gotta risk going amongst these fuckwits as we deliver vital stock to pharmacies .

Same here but I have to attend court.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

You now on the politics threads where I say I only care about me and my own?  Well seeing those fucking idiots queuing at cafes in Matlock and going sightseeing when they should be isolating just reinforces my thinking.  People are fucking stupid so fuck ‘em. 

At least you’re an upfront cunt. Better than a stealth cunt 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Big generalisation though mate, lots, indeed probably most are doing their best

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

giphy.gif

The only way people in this country will get it though their heads is if all the news and social media companies are constantly showing the state of the hospitals and from here and Italy.

If you watch the Goverment updates, even they aren't self isolating! All the ministers, experts and journalists gathered together! They are being far far too relaxed about it! They need to scare the shit out of the public if they actually want it to work!

People going out in droves yes they're dickheads, but we keep getting told how exercise builds your immune system.  So these mixed messages plus people having more time on their hands would explain why we're seeing more people out and about (like the fella earlier in the thread who has suddenly started waking his dog six times a day), it's stupid behaviour but somewhat understandable. 

I suppose I'm just a bit uncomfortable with people judging people for this, and the bulk shopping business, when we are being guided by fucking imbeciles.  Yes we all have some common sense to apply but this is an unprecedented situation, many people don't know what to do for the best.  

At some point soon there will need to be some very clear guidance and rules given by this shitty Tory government or they WILL have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands - but do they care? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Apparently loads of workers are still having to go unpaid leave as the 80% is based on business paying those wages back to government. Fucking pointless scheme then.

Do you have a link to where it says this.

I'm not doubting you, I just have to help sort this 80% stuff out tomorrow, who we cut hours and who we put on this but if the company has to pay it back I think it will out a different light on it

1 minute ago, Moo said:

People going out in droves yes they're dickheads, but we keep getting told how exercise builds your immune system.  So these mixed messages plus people having more time on their hands would explain why we're seeing more people out and about (like the fella earlier in the thread who has suddenly started waking his dog six times a day), it's stupid behaviour but somewhat understandable. 

I suppose I'm just a bit uncomfortable with people judging people for this, and the bulk shopping business, when we are being guided by fucking imbeciles.  Yes we all have some common sense to apply but this is an unprecedented situation, many people don't know what to do for the best.  

At some point soon there will need to be some very clear guidance and rules given by this shitty Tory government or they WILL have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands - but do they care? 

To be honest calling people in Richmond park cunts is fine any time of year as the vast majority are all tory cunts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I'm not doubting you, I just have to help sort this 80% stuff out tomorrow, who we cut hours and who we put on this but if the company has to pay it back I think it will out a different light on it

I don't think its true now mate, someone posted evidence that it still is a grant. I'm sure HMRC will clear that up though when your putting it through. Oh and word of warning.... don't let sorting peoples wages out so they can live get in the way of your draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

People are thick and don’t think bad things will happen to them.  In two weeks time when their relatives start dying theyll be moaning.  It’s impossible not to know what to do. Simply impossible.  

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

As someone has just said, that's why we have crowd control barriers. Because you can't just rely on people's behaviour. If they don't comply, you have to engineer a way to ensure compliance. Johnson has an individual battle to fight - does he want to be the fun, bumbling, likeable (debatable) PM or does he want to make the hard choices which might lessen his popularity. 

I'm no Corbyn fan, but he should be brought into some sort of government of unity to help. I still want him to call the government to task but I do actually think he and the unions have a helpful role to play. Whatever i think about his policies, he does care and should be listened to.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think its true now mate, someone posted evidence that it still is a grant. I'm sure HMRC will clear that up though when your putting it through. Oh and word of warning.... don't let sorting peoples wages out so they can live get in the way of your draft picks. 

Haha ok fair enough, it's hard to keep up with this thread.

My hours are reducing so I'll have plenty of time for my draft picks

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Its just silly unsubstantiated scare mongering. It is a grant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005