You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Why did Spain and Italy feel the need to lock their populations down when everyone was already abiding by common sense restrictions?

Is that really what you think people are saying?

It's surely quite possible that people can be fucked off at the marginally higher level of selfishness on display in the UK without thinking that any population of tens of millions of people is bad egg free.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Is that really what you think people are saying?

It's surely quite possible that people can be fucked off at the marginally higher level of selfishness on display in the UK without thinking that any population of tens of millions of people is bad egg free.

Oh of course, I’ve missed the nuances again.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Why did Spain and Italy feel the need to lock their populations down when everyone was already abiding by common sense restrictions?

That's the problem, the population didn't listen. Even this week the Spanish government thought about 40% of the population were ignoring it hence even more draconian measures.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clangers said:

That's the problem, the population didn't listen. Even this week the Spanish government thought about 40% of the population were ignoring it hence even more draconian measures.

One of my neighbours has suddenly starting walking his dog about six times a day.

8 minutes ago, clangers said:

Can’t be true. I’ve managed to skilfully read between the lines of the thousands and thousands and thousands of posts on the subject that English people are uniquely thick and selfish. Well, marginally so.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, because arrogance isn’t anything to do with being English, it’s to do with the individual arrogant person. In this case it doesn’t seem like arrogance, but ignorance. 

This. It's got nothing to do with countries individually. Humans in general just have a hard time understanding that you literally should not leave your house at the moment, under almost any circumstance. Maybe that's confusion or stupidity, or people can't change their routines, I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Indeed they are, Matlock is shit. 

Once accidentally booked me and herself in to Gullivers World’s pirate themed hotel, after being taken by the blatant false advertising. It was advertised a boutique, with no mention of the shite theme park and certainly no fucking pirates!

We were away for a night away from the kids and this was our room...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYq5nSSL51rmG2t7jSNDI

Needless to say my quick thinking and asking her to act out my scullery maid and Captain fantasy fell on deaf ears, as did everything i said for the next couple of days.

Wrote a strongly worded email to trading standards and got the to remove the misleading pictures from their websites, but alas it the wife never did ‘shiver me timbers’.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Once accidentally booked me and herself in to Gullivers World’s pirate themed hotel, after being taken by the beaten false advertising. 

Needless to say my quick thinking and asking her to act out my scullery maid and Captain fantasy fell on deaf ears, as did everything i said for the next couple of days.

Wrote a strongly worded email to trading standards and got the to remove the misleading pictures from their websites, but alas it the wife never did ‘shiver me timbers’.

Grog, being keelhauled and described as a scurvy bilge rat.

What is she, a fucking snob?

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This. It's got nothing to do with countries individually. Humans in general just have a hard time understanding that you literally should not leave your house at the moment, under almost any circumstance. Maybe that's confusion or stupidity, or people can't change their routines, I don't know. 

I have been due to start an intensive driving course with someone on Thursday of this week, initially with a driving test the following Wednesday. But the girl called me and said she hasn't yet passed her theory test (this call was the beginning of last week when a lot of things seemed normal). So still planned to book half the intensive course the day before her theory test (next Thursday) with a driving test to follow two weeks later.

Then theory test centres were closed for a month. Then on Friday just gone, driving test centres closed for three months. This surely means that any attempt at an intensive driving course is futile.

I contact her to let her know that the course has to be postponed until driving test centres are announced to be opening again (whenever that may be). But she kicks up a massive fuss, that the course has been booked for four weeks and she has been told that the theory test centers could be opened again next week. Someone has sent her an email telling her this. So I try explaining to her that even if she passes her theory test, she still can't take a driving test for possibly up to three months, perhaps even longer. But she still wants to do the course!

Finally I decide to explain to her that she will be wasting her money if she goes ahead with the first half of the course next week and then takes the second half of the course three months down the line. I explain also that if I had just wanted her money then I would have done the course but I'm acting in her best interests here. Finally she decides to accept a postponement.

I hope people eventually realise that the advice being given to them is in THEIR best interests.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Once accidentally booked me and herself in to Gullivers World’s pirate themed hotel, after being taken by the blatant false advertising. It was advertised a boutique, with no mention of the shite theme park and certainly no fucking pirates!

The fuck are you taking pictures of my bedroom for? 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’ll be spun that the NHS was not fit for this and needs private investment to stop this ever happening again and because of its inefficiency lives were lost.

There’s going to be a long period of ‘introspection’ then it’ll be business as usual, except our former EU partners will become the pantomime villains and we’ll fall in to bed with what’s left of America.

Idiots will cheer and claim we’ve never had it as good.

Memories don’t live long enough anymore and civic and community pride are things which have been lost to the ether for far too many.  

You are so right. Fuck, I so wish you were wrong.