You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, skaro said:

I got this note from Gordon (Pistonbroke), from his hospital bed in Bielefeld, and he asked me to pass it on to "the lads":

After a rough night I'm feeling a bit better, being on drips with liquid medicine is having an effect.  Had all tests done for corona and have to wait 48 hours or thereabouts for the results.  8 people were taken to the city hospital with the same symptoms, but none of us has a high fever.  So we are all lined up to have a camera shoved down our airways to check on them and lungs. That is planned for today as I'm nil by mouth. I'll let you know more once I get the results from both the camera and the corona test...

Good to hear.

Aussies also have gone down the shutting pubs, bars etc route. They are however keeping schools open.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

LUxjUoG.png

Nice social distancing in this Tesco. Can't see a single face mask.

If this doesn't stop we are completely fucked as the virus is going to fuck us up the ass like you would not believe.

If the NHS can’t get adequate face masks where do you think the public will get them from. In any event the average face mask isn’t up to the job anyway. My mum was visited but a health visitor the other day. She asked the woman why she hadn’t been given any protective equipment and was told that they had none and the average face mask doesn’t work anyway. You need to wear both an effective face mask and protective glasses anyway.

Just now, Anubis said:

If the NHS can’t get adequate face masks where do you think the public will get them from. In any event the average face mask isn’t up to the job anyway. My mum was visited but a health visitor the other day. She asked the woman why she hadn’t been given any protective equipment and was told that they had none and the average face mask doesn’t work anyway. You need to wear both face mask and protective glasses anyway.

So you're saying sanitary towels won't work. Period.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Good of him to think of us whilst he’s waiting for his ambulance and then again whilst on his hospital bed.  

He's got mates on here - including me - who have been on sites like this together for over 20 years.

Now may not be the time for your special brand of humor.

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

If everyone just did a weekly shop you could probably deal with this mostly by online deliveries.

Not a chance. The home delivery service is at breaking point now. There'd need to be at least a 50% increase in the number of drivers and vehicles to cope with the demand. 

Fuming with my cousin who took it upon herself to go and visit my 85 year old grandma for a cup of tea on Friday night. Daft prick. She didn't see anything wrong with it - they sat apart from each other o different sofas. Oh that's alright then! 

What aren't people getting? Is it just an English arrogance? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skaro said:

I got this note from Gordon (Pistonbroke), from his hospital bed in Bielefeld, and he asked me to pass it on to "the lads":

After a rough night I'm feeling a bit better, being on drips with liquid medicine is having an effect.  Had all tests done for corona and have to wait 48 hours or thereabouts for the results.  8 people were taken to the city hospital with the same symptoms, but none of us has a high fever.  So we are all lined up to have a camera shoved down our airways to check on them and lungs. That is planned for today as I'm nil by mouth. I'll let you know more once I get the results from both the camera and the corona test...

IMG-20200322-WA0000.jpg

He looks awful !!

That beard has to go. And a little trim on top. Then he'll be ship shape.

Glad you're on the mend PB.

1 hour ago, skaro said:

IMG-20200322-WA0000.jpg

Glad he is doing well..fingers crossed everything turn out ok

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

If this is true this bastard needs turfing out of government, regardless of how many idiots think he should stay.

There's no way Boris and the other twats can last after the dust settles on this.

5 minutes ago, J-V said:

There's no way Boris and the other twats can last after the dust settles on this.

I wouldn't be so confident. You'd expect something like that to be headline news but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else apart from here.

Sadly, things are going to have to get a hell of a lot worse in order for people to see what's really going on. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wouldn't be so confident. You'd expect something like that to be headline news but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else apart from here.

Sadly, things are going to have to get a hell of a lot worse in order for people to see what's really going on. 

In one, most people get there news from the BBC, this ain't going to change shit whilst the masses remain brainwashed zombies. 

Unless it gets a lot fucking worse and we see a total breakdown of society, back to day zero. 

Which mightn't be that bad of a thing.   Humanity failed long ago. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, J-V said:

It’ll be spun that the NHS was not fit for this and needs private investment to stop this ever happening again and because of its inefficiency lives were lost.

There’s going to be a long period of ‘introspection’ then it’ll be business as usual, except our former EU partners will become the pantomime villains and we’ll fall in to bed with what’s left of America.

Idiots will cheer and claim we’ve never had it as good.

Memories don’t live long enough anymore and civic and community pride are things which have been lost to the ether for far too many.  

• Upvote 4

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the US was responsible for sending coronavirus to Iran, therefore making it impossible to accept any American help to fight the virus there. Speaking on the occasion of the New Year and Eid al-Mab’ath, the 80-year-old said “you Americans are accused of engineering coronavirus”, adding: “I do not know how true this claim is, but as long as the accusation stands, which sensible person would trust you to accept your offer of help.

“Possibly your (offered) medicine is a way to spread the virus more,” he said.

17 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

His latest polling figures are up. 

D7EE5866-9EEC-4318-8900-F9D9AEF6CABD.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's going to get a whole lot worse.  No if's or but's about it.  It's to late now the NHS are fucked already and that's that really  It's a matter of who draws the shortest straw now to see who survives as a huge number of us especially down London probably already have it aleady.  Not to mention the utter cunts in this Country are taking this as and extended holiday which then puts the people who've isolated already at deaths door if they need treatment as there's no capacity.

If this Governemnt had any bollocks they should have the Police and Army out taking names of these cunts going out for a good time and not staying indoors and when they rock up to Hospital turn them away or just put a bullet in their heads.