You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Red Shift said:

The main issue, as South Korea found (because they did a shit load of testing on everybody, not just people with symptoms) is that there’s an age bracket of 20-29 years, and these people are asymptomatic. Effectively, they are carriers.  They make up 30% of SK’s total cases. If they have been traveling around extensively....well, you catch my drift.

Most countries are only testing people presenting with symptoms. How can this provide us with a true indication of extent??

Good points, if only people going on holiday understood it too. 

I had an Asda delivery due last night but they phoned up and said all their drivers are off sick so I could either cancel it or pick it up from Asda in Skelmersdale!

Despite the fact I’m more likely to pick up a more deadly disease than Covid-19 simply by being in Skelmersdale I agreed to pick it up. 

Got there and they’d swapped my three packets of Custard creams for three packets of Fig rolls as they had ran out! @Tony Moanero would have had a heart attack. 

They also swapped some pasta mug shots for chow mein flavoured noodles. I accepted them and the Fig rolls anyway and went straight into Asda to put them in the food bank. 

So if you live in Skem and get a packet of Fig rolls after using the food bank I sincerely apologise.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you saying we should all go the shop everyday for food for that day? Most people don’t do that in normal times 

A lot of food has a shelf life of 3+ days. If people were doing what they normally did, supermarkets would be safer places for everyone. 

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

A lot of food has a shelf life of 3+ days. If people were doing what they normally did, supermarkets would be safer places for everyone. 

I agree that hoarding like people have been doing is selfish. Going the supermarket daily with all this going on is selfish and mental. 

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

If everyone just did a weekly shop you could probably deal with this mostly by online deliveries.

With no slots available for weeks and now as per Rapeys post loads of drivers off sick it makes that hard too. It’s a bastard situation. I wish I had an allotment. Not that I’d have grown much through the winter. I could hide the bodies there though.

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

ygeCkh7.jpg

Tesco - West Thurrock at 9:30am.

I'm beginning to think it's the responsibility of the supermarkets themselves to put a stop to this. 

6 hours ago, Red Shift said:

The main issue, as South Korea found (because they did a shit load of testing on everybody, not just people with symptoms) is that there’s an age bracket of 20-29 years, and these people are asymptomatic. Effectively, they are carriers.  They make up 30% of SK’s total cases. If they have been traveling around extensively....well, you catch my drift.

Most countries are only testing people presenting with symptoms. How can this provide us with a true indication of extent??

87% of the people infected on the Cruise Ship were asymptomatic, and the vast majority of them were not in the 20-29 age bracket.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm beginning to think it's the responsibility of the supermarkets themselves to put a stop to this. 

They've nearly all put restrictions on what you can buy & got temp staff in. 

Not too sure what else you expect them to do. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

87% of the people infected on the Cruise Ship were asymptomatic, and the vast majority of them were not in the 20-29 age bracket.

You got a link for that? I seen someone on Twitter the other day say that only 15% were asymptomatic and the rest eventually showed symptoms but he didn’t link to anything backing it up. 

With regards to it spreading widely amongst the 20-29 age bracket in Korea I posted an article about that the other day. They said the cult that the virus started in was predominantly made up of younger people and members of the cult still make up most of the total cases in Korea so it’s no surprise it’s skewed towards younger people over there. 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

I expected them to have done it a three weeks ago. Fine doing it now they’ve pocketed a shitload of money and left vulnerable people in the shit.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah agree but how do people get food? 

Go once a week. Shop like a normal human.

Here we are a poorer country, there are more infections, more deaths, and we're in lockdown. Yet, I haven't had any problems buying food, bog roll, etc. I could get a delivery for tomorrow as well if need be.

What the fuck is going on in the UK?

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Go once a week. Shop like a normal human.

Here we are a poorer country, there are more infections, more deaths, and we're in lockdown. Yet, I haven't had any problems buying food, bog roll, etc. I could get a delivery for tomorrow as well if need be.

What the fuck is going on in the UK?

We have had enough of listening to experts. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Why do people need trolleys if shopping is restricted? Surely trolleys could easily be restricted to only people who cannot carry baskets?