You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They need psychologists and experts to come up with Adverts that they put on all the time saying theres no shortage of any food or nessecities, just shop as normal as and when you need, now is the time to chill and be calm. The media constantly showing empty shelves and bulk buyers is making people do exactly the opposite of what's needed. The men in black meme is spot on, a person is smart, people are stupid. Use some of that propaganda to actually convince people to do things in their best interest for once.

It's not in their interests to encourage people to be rational.

They want people taking hourly dosages of panic, fear and uncertainty.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The daughter of Mr. Trevisan, Italy's first coronavirus death, states that he died on a Friday evening, which was the 21st.

I think she probably knows best. But, given who is disputing the date, you never know! 

https://tg24.sky.it/cronaca/2020/02/26/coronavirus-italia-figlia-prima-vittima.html

Screenshot_20200321_182928_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hahahaha you proved him wrong, you better believe he's negging that. 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Imagine being a stupid cunt who doesn't understand the difference between when someone dies, and when the death is reported. Just imagine being such a thick and stupid troll.

If someone died on the 22nd it wouldn't be reported on the 21st would it you stupid fucking twat 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Imagine being a stupid cunt who doesn't understand the difference between when someone dies, and when the death is reported. Just imagine being such a thick and stupid troll.

You need to calm down mate. Relax a little 

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/italy-reports-first-death-from-coronavirus

ROME (AFP) - An Italian man became the first European to die after being infected with the coronavirus on Friday (Feb 21), just hours after 10 towns in the country were locked down following a flurry of new cases

The 78-year-old from the Veneto region who had tested positive for the virus died in hospital, where he had been admitted 10 days earlier for an unrelated health issue, Italy’s health minister said. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Either way, we’re not far off Italy’s trajectory. 

If we use 10-14 days behind them, nothing in upcoming curves look positive. 

Not far off, apart from being half as many at the same point in time.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Congratulations, you win first prize for irrelevance.

Hahahaha the facts are always irrelevant when it doesn't stack up to your bollocks does it? He died on the 21st. Just deal with it. Stupid fucking debate anyway you just can't admit being wrong. 

Jezza needs to send out a short video on twitter. Something like :

"Look at the state of the country after Tory mismanagement of this coronavirus crisis. This is no way to deal with a pandemic.

And to think, all you had to do was vote for me in the recent election and we could've been dealing with this so much better.

Under communism.

You stupid fucks."

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/italy-reports-first-death-from-coronavirus

ROME (AFP) - An Italian man became the first European to die after being infected with the coronavirus on Friday (Feb 21), just hours after 10 towns in the country were locked down following a flurry of new cases

The 78-year-old from the Veneto region who had tested positive for the virus died in hospital, where he had been admitted 10 days earlier for an unrelated health issue, Italy’s health minister said. 

All this to deflect from the fact I was right about the graph being misleading.

If a death was reported in the UK on 5th March, then maybe you can apply the same logic to when it actually occurred. Go on, you can do it.

"The dignified and composed words of Vanessa, the 77-year-old daughter of Vo 'who died last Friday at the Schiavonia hospital (the Padua prosecutor's office opened an investigation), report this story on the level where she must be. Mourning in the family, mourning, the moment of remembrance. "

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/02/26/news/_lo_ha_ucciso_il_coronavirus_ma_era_mio_padre_non_solo_un_numero_-249593370/

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All this to deflect from the fact I was right about the graph being misleading.

If a death was reported in the UK on 5th March, then maybe you can apply the same logic to when it actually occurred. Go on, you can do it.

Are you admitting that he died on the 21st now? Are you admitting to my point about it being reported on the 22nd because it can't be reported a day before died is relevant? Go on.... you can for once in your life admit that you got something wrong. The we can all go back to worrying about actual important things. Oh and (not that it means a thing to you) my respect for you and I'm sure a lot of others will feel the same if you for once just said "Yes, I was wrong". 

The first victim of Coronavirus is a Paduan, 78-year-old Adriano Trevisan

„first Italian coronavirus death is a 78-year-old Paduan man. The news came late on Friday evening. This is Adriano Trevisan, 78, father of the former mayor Vanessa Trevisan.“

Potrebbe interessarti: http://www.trevisotoday.it/attualita/vo-euganeo-adriano-trevisan-coronavirus-22-febbraio-2020.html

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not far off, apart from being half as many at the same point in time.

Hence why I used 10-14 days to stop more hissy fits and if we follow that curve, we’re on a significant upwards trajectory. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Eldest son's best friend and his adoptive parents (both school teachers) are now in quarantine due to being in contact with a positively tested person. Due to work commitments and other stuff they haven't been in contact for about 3 weeks, so hopefully nothing to worry about. If they test positive though, then everyone who they have been in contact with will be notified for testing, horrendous when you take into account his adoptive parents are teachers. Our eldest son doesn't think we are overreacting anymore, in fact he has become quite concerned now that things are moving closer to home. 

Stats for Bielefeld where I live ( approx 333.000 residents). 81 confirmed cases, 1268 people in quarantine, no deaths. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you admitting that he died on the 21st now? Are you admitting to my point about it being reported on the 22nd because it can't be reported a day before died is relevant? Go on.... you can for once in your life admit that you got something wrong. The we can all go back to worrying about actual important things. Oh and (not that it means a thing to you) my respect for you and I'm sure a lot of others will feel the same if you for once just said "Yes, I was wrong". 

I'm not wrong.

The first Italy death was reported on 22 Feb. That is a fact.

The first UK death was reported on 5 Mar. That is a fact. 

The table provided showed the first UK deaths reported on 7 Mar. Which is two days later than it should be. That is a fact.

Quite why you are having difficulty with this, I do not know.