You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Gordon, Merkel is getting a lot of praise over here.

Has she handled it well in Germany?

I'm not her biggest fan but she and other MP's have handled things pretty well and with both empathy and understanding. TBH though, local governments within states have been acting pretty darn good. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The letters are due next week. Hopefully they'll be updated with this news and I'll go from there. 

Luckily as I've said before I work along so I only have a little contact so will see out the next 4 shifts and should have a better idea as I'm off Tues-Thurs. It's just we are predicted to be 2 weeks behind Italy and if I can stay home I will

Take care of yourself mate, pass on my regards to your Mother. 

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I can't really knock what the government have done today. Apart from the delay in getting there. 

But, imagine if you'd previously lost a loved one due to austerity measures. It must be a bit of a kick in the face today, to see the government implicitly admit that the money was always there but a choice was made to keep people down in the gutters. 

I was just saying the same thing. 

giphy.gif

In ten years time will it be widely accepted as fact that the Tories have left the country bankrupt?

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nothing was stopping Si getting to his audition today

As I was on my phone I was trying to work out what the dwarf on the bench was, until I realised it was a statue of Paddington Bear.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm not her biggest fan but she and other MP's have handled things pretty well and with both empathy and understanding. TBH though, local governments within states have been acting pretty darn good. 

She seems sensible if that makes sense.

Trudeau has done well, he's actually toned down his arrogance since he was caught in blackface and has been quick to offer up benefits and reassurance.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats awful mate. Aren't you automatically entitled to benefits of some sort if you work less than 16 hours? 

I only work a 0.2 contract (teaching) and I'm entitled to fuck all.

Both my other streams of work (supply and exam marking) have now been cut off for me.  I'm fucked.

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats awful mate. Aren't you automatically entitled to benefits of some sort if you work less than 16 hours? 

Not sure, I've spent the last 2 days processing poor sods who have been laid off, just grateful I kept my job when this is over...I'll have to look into it next week

Guest Pistonbroke
22 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

She seems sensible if that makes sense.

Trudeau has done well, he's actually toned down his arrogance since he was caught in blackface and has been quick to offer up benefits and reassurance.

I think Merkels strength is that she hasn't politicised things if that makes sense. She and those in Berlin are listening to state level ministers of all parties and they are working together for the good of the people. States themselves are taking the initiative in how they are planning things. Nordrhein-Westfalen state where I live has been hit the worse yet they are doing a good job in extremely difficult and challenging times, the mental stress must be off the scale mate. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I can't really knock what the government have done today. Apart from the delay in getting there. 

But, imagine if you'd previously lost a loved one due to austerity measures. It must be a bit of a kick in the face today, to see the government implicitly admit that the money was always there but a choice was made to keep people down in the gutters. 

The money wasn’t necessarily ‘there’ but it could be printed if needs be. The only problem is the the Twix you bought yesterday cost 70p, whilst the Twix you’ll by tomorrow will cost 90p and your income tax post this shitfest will be increased and you’ll be told you’re glad you’re paying it. 

I don’t know how to feel, it’s all too good to be true and there will be a way it’s clawed back, or the countries bankrupted. 

If it does work though, well done, this could stop a whole load of heartache.

The unions though now owe the Tories, which is scary.

Just because we have money doesn’t mean the prices stay the same.  

I think the unions,labour, tories, libs etc are all in it together and genuinely want to get us through this. I'm glad Corbyn and mcdonnell are there to hold the government to account. Its one of those situations where you worry how it will all be paid for after.

When this is over I really hope the cunts like Langsholm and Branson etc are held up and shamed

• Upvote 2