You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/03/covid-19-discharge-guidance-hmg-format-v4-18.pdf

Hospital Discharge Protocols. 

There won't be enough community 'hospital' beds in the country. All suppliers are running short already. Same with all kit... it's the bog roll scenario of healthcare, but this time there just isn't going to be enough kit available.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Unfortunately, we only have a tiny freezer box. I reckon there will be plenty of people in the same boat, especially elderly couples and those who live alone.

I get that mate, which is why this rationing of goods needs to be more stricter imo. It seems like the shops don't give a fuck as long as the tills are ringing and I imagine the manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand and supply chains are straining. You have to factor in that a lot of folk will be self isolating/off on the sick and those poor fuckers who are still working are being pushed beyond breaking point. Also, people will always find ways to get around restrictions, they just send family members to different shops or indeed use the same one, how are the staff to know such things? Those in charge behind the scenes just see figures on what is being delivered and say there isn't a problem, there clearly is still a problem as far as certain goods go. This also leads to people having to shop more frequently for those goods that perish quicker as they don't have any other choice, not good if they want to combat this virus. 

One last thing which I noticed. Our bill came to about at least 20% more than it normally would due to buying products we normally wouldn't touch because of the high price purely based on name and packaging. Fine if we can afford to surmount this hurdle, not fine for those who can't afford to budge from their normal budget. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Me and my wife both work in aviation. She lost her job yesterday and I’m just waiting for the call to say I’m been put on indefinite unpaid leave. Scary at the best of times. Terrifying when we’ve got a 2 and a 1 year old also. 

Sorry to hear. The av industry is taking a serious fucking 

• Upvote 1

This is one of the things I'll remember most from this in the future I think. And how it was ignored by our gov as we carried on with our reckless and insane plans that are surely going to result in a lot of lives lost and chaos. So much of it could've been avoided.

From The Guardian's Coronavirus live updates yesterday, 6:05am :

Chinese scientists and health experts involved in the country’s fight against the coronavirus believe the worst is now over, downplaying warnings that the disease could become seasonal or that a deadlier “second wave” could hit later in the year, Reuters reports.

Medical advisers in China have expressed confidence that the country’s strict containment measures have done enough to ensure that the outbreak can be brought under complete control, domestically at least, within weeks.

Though they remain wary of the risks of “importing” cases from overseas, they say China should be capable of eliminating Covid-19 in the same way it eliminated Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003. SARS was eventually contained after the government imposed stringent screening and quarantine measures.

“For me, a second outbreak (of coronavirus), a domestic outbreak in China, wouldn’t be a great concern,” said Cao Wei, deputy director of the Department of Infectious Diseases at the Peking Union Medical College Hospital.

She told a briefing on Monday that while China needed another month to make a final judgment, the existing prevention and control measures should be enough to bring the epidemic to an end domestically.

The World Health Organization has said the coronavirus reached a peak in China around late February. Zhong Nanshan, a senior government adviser who helped detect and defeat SARS in 2003, said it “could be over by June” if other countries take the required action.

On Wednesday, there were no new domestic cases in the disease’s epicentre of Wuhan for the first time since the outbreak began. However, “imported” infections reached a record 34, and have outnumbered domestic transmissions for five consecutive days.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/19/coronavirus-update-live-news-who-covid19-cases-outbreak-us-states-uk-school-closures-australia-europe-eu-africa-asia-latest-updates?page=with:block-5e730af78f088d7575596306#block-5e730af78f088d7575596306

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

This is one of the things I'll remember most from this in the future I think. And how it was ignored by our gov as we carried on with our reckless and insane plans that are surely going to result in a lot of lives lost and chaos. So much of it could've been avoided.

From The Guardian's Coronavirus live updates yesterday, 6:05am :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/19/coronavirus-update-live-news-who-covid19-cases-outbreak-us-states-uk-school-closures-australia-europe-eu-africa-asia-latest-updates?page=with:block-5e730af78f088d7575596306#block-5e730af78f088d7575596306

Just wondering if i can afford a flight to china

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It isn't just Wetherspoons lads. An Army acquaintance of mine went into the pub trade and runs a few pubs for that Joseph Holt in Manchester. None stop FB posts about not letting a virus control their lives and that things will be open for business, don't let it affect you, come and support us etc. I understand people looking out for their existence, but they are literally telling people that they care about them yet begging them to go against sound advice and put themselves at risk. Yeah, he also voted for Brexit and despite being left wing in the army has turned into a Farage fan and now a Johnson fan being as Farage is no longer relevant.  

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It isn't just Wetherspoons lads. An Army acquaintance of mine went into the pub trade and runs a few pubs for that Joseph Holt in Manchester. None stop FB posts about not letting a virus control their lives and that things will be open for business, don't let it affect you, come and support us etc. I understand people looking out for their existence, but they are literally telling people that they care about them yet begging them to go against sound advice and put themselves at risk. Yeah, he also voted for Brexit and despite being left wing in the army has turned into a Farage fan and now a Johnson fan being as Farage is no longer relevant.  

Should be charged with manslaughter!

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Should be charged with manslaughter!

Not breaking the law mate, and if people decide to heed his shit advice they do so at their own risk. He and those like him are just depending on the stupidity of people. The Government seem happy to let them get on with it without stepping in, I find it all rather sad and unnecessary myself. They are playing on the bravado spirit of people to put them in danger, and all through self interest. 

A lot of people see themselves as being out of the risk groups so are being selfish bastards. Yet if you gave them a tube of Smarties and told one of them was poisoned would they eat 99 of them and hope to avoid the poisoned one? 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The morons will be branching out into the surrounding areas just to find a Prezzo or Frankie & Benny’s.

Will nobody think of the Angus Steakhouse Restaurants overpopulating the Leicester Square area.

There's a weird conspiracy theory going around that 5G networks are the cause of this virus. Apparently that's why the virus is mainly affecting industrialised nations that have rolled out 5G and why the 3rd world has so far been mostly spared. Iran apparently have an extensive 5G network that was due to go live next month which is why they also have been hit hard.

We are living in very strange times.

• Downvote 1