You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

44 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yet another example of someone using the situation for financial gain....

I’ve always wondered what nursery’s do

with the money you’ve still go to pay for Bank Holidays etc.

Used to annoy me that my daughter would catch some illness at nursery, she then couldn’t attend, we’d have to take time off work to look after her but we’d still have to pay the nursery for the time she would have been there despite the fact she caught an illness in the first place!

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry to hear that, Johnny. I hope you can both find something else quickly. What’s the situation regarding government help and suspension of mortgage payments in Ireland?

The process to get benefits has been streamlined quite well. A single page form with a letter from the employer and you’re on full benefits pretty much immediately. 

There is a mortgage “Understanding” which I’ll be testing today as I’ll need a break for a few months to try and get us back on our feet. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't see how long this can go on economy wise.

I tend to agree. No country has a bottomless pit of money to bail out large proportions of its economy, for a timescale where nobody knows when the end date is. 

My job means I’m going to be hugely busy once things get back to normal, but fuck knows how we’re going to deal with it all. 

Payment holidays are only being given for 3 months. What if people aren’t back in work in 3 months? What if they then can’t afford the new payment amount? 

Not in the remotest surprised about Britannia hotels, a cunt company run by one if the biggest cunts, Alex Langsham, I had the misfortune to have to deal with on a regular basis. Dont know if it is still the same twat in charge but even if not the company culture has obviously been passed down.

• Upvote 2

I ordered a slimline freezer last week to fit a small utility cupboard I have. Only got one of them single shelf in the top of a small fridge ones atm.

It was £130 and when I phoned up to chase the order in the last few days, it had been delayed until end of May without telling me and then got cancelled. The cheapest the item is now selling online for is £699. It’s now £999 elsewhere.

This whole thing is the equivalent of turning up to Glastonbury during a 3 day torrential storm and finding someone selling wellies outside for £80 a pop.

Having a captive audience will always make some act like total cunts.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

Eldest son is finally working from home now which is a relief. Not seen our daughter since it all kicked off as she is keeping her distance as much as she can as she is in daily contact with patients due to starting her internship in psychology a month ago. She has more or less finished her Masters degree so can study/get her final Masters paper finished from home, and the side work she does on Data/Statistics for the University can be done using Home Office.

Sorry to hear of those who are suffering financially due to this outbreak, hopefully you have people around you who can help and that the financial side of things will ease off once those in power sort their shit out. Can't be easy for everyone, undue stress on top of what is going on. Health and looking after each other is the important thing though. 

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I ordered a slimline freezer last week to fit a small utility cupboard I have. Only got one of them single shelf in the top of a small fridge ones atm.

It was £130 and when I phoned up to chase the order in the last few days, it had been delayed until end of May without telling me and then got cancelled. The cheapest the item is now selling online for is £699. It’s now £999 elsewhere.

This whole thing is the equivalent of turning up to Glastonbury during a 3 day torrential storm and finding someone selling wellies outside for £80 a pop.

I tried to order a freezer for my mum only to discover freezers are the new bog rolls

8 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It's a touch trite, but you really do see the true face of extreme capitalism in moments of crisis (real or otherwise).

Who knew that building a society that encourages and rewards people to trample all over each other would be ill-equipped to deal with a major problem that required dealing with collectively.

At risk of irking some by mentioning the country I live in, "bogrollgate" lasted about a day here and, to be fair, this was whilst the numbers in Madrid were increasing alarmingly (as they still are). People did some panic buying for about 24 hours and then there was a collective "Oh, bollocks, we're being dickheads aren't we? Should probably stop doing this". Then people did just that. What binds people here is often rooted in religious stuff that is at best gaudy, and at worst offensive, but at least something exists. 

Lots of quacking on about "spirit of the blitz" type stuff from politicians and members of the public alike in the UK, but where the fuck has it gone, really? The bravado has remained, but everything else has been stripped away.

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

It really is hitting home

Massive shock to find people wanting state support for them and theirs when misfortune strikes, dressed up as concern for others, having not been quite so forthcoming about other people needing it in the recent past when they weren’t themselves affected. Cunts.

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Who is she?

Just googled and she is a Telegraph columnist. 

Now I don't like to pre-judge but I imagine this makes her a bit of a twat.

Can't read the full article but the headline is enough;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/priti-patels-side-deportation-row-side/

I'm on Priti Patel's side in the deportation row - because she's on our side

• Upvote 1

Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, the Pope, Nicola Sturgeon and a ten year old school boy. 

The plane is about to crash and theres only 4 parachutes.

Trump said I need one. I’ve to sort out the USA!’ Takes one and jumps. 

The pope said ‘I need one, I've to sort out the Catholic Church.’ He takes one and jumps.

Boris said ‘I’m the smartest man in England.’ He takes one and jumps.

Nicola said to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting".

The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest man in England took my school bag"

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/priti-patels-side-deportation-row-side/

Yeah she sounds a bit of a cunt. 

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

She's a cunt of the highest order. She sent this tweet about an hour hour after the Brussels airport attacks which killed 20 people just to score points for the Brexit campaign

image.jpeg.bbae5647c1a9a2b59489a6a238b22d14.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I was listening to a podcast from America, on the current corona crisis. One guy says that he's never owned a gun, never handled a gun but on the way home with his son he decided he might now need a gun. He parked up and there was a long queue outside the gun store (seems to be a normal thing right now) 

Anyway although the store was almost sold out he now has a gun and ammo and absolutely no idea of what he's doing. Yes they too panic bought loo roll but they also panic bought guns. I know which one gives me the shits. 

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Not in the remotest surprised about Britannia hotels, a cunt company run by one if the biggest cunts, Alex Langsham, I had the misfortune to have to deal with on a regular basis. Dont know if it is still the same twat in charge but even if not the company culture has obviously been passed down.

Yep. The cunt is still going. Fucking vile human being he is.