You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

"What most of us wouldn’t give for a Gordon Brown or a John Major right now. Or even a Theresa May. Words I thought I’d never write."

Found myself thinking the very same today. Honestly, anyone but this bumbling cretin and his crack team of idiots.

27 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The point I'm trying to make is, it's all well and good saying the supermarkets should impose buying restrictions or rationing. And for clarity, I think they should. But I think it would be naive to expect the great British public to pull together in some sort of of WWII spirit and self police ourselves.  

My local offlicense is now 4 people only, there was a long queue outside at 11 am already. 

1 hour ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

They’ve quarantined and tested me as I was in England and France and then 12 days later had a mild sore throat.

No result yet but feel fine now.

Thank fuck for that!

Stay healthy!

Me and mine still avoiding it - although when the shit hits the fan I can’t help but think I’m in a prime spot to get it. 

I despair I really do. A couple of grandparents in their 70s are now shaming another couple of grandparents who are in the at risk group, because the first ones are not going into isolation but the others are. They are saying that they will have the grandkids and that the others should stand up and do their bit too as both parents are now working from home. So basically others should risk their lives and health because they are stupid. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Sebastian Coe is making a cunt of himself again, saying it's too early to think about postponing the Olympics. They are due to start in 4 months and take a shit load of organising involving a shit load of people. That's before you get to the athletes, TV companies/media and most importantly the vast amount of spectators/visitors. The man is an absolute tool. 

15 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Politics is mental these days, George W Bush looks like abraham Lincoln next to Trump.

I've noticed most of them look either a bit shell shocked when addressing their nations or like they are deliberately scaremongering instead of reassuring, are too many people still not taking this seriously or have they already been told something we don't know?  

Sky News have been given access to hospitals in northern Italy, which they've just shown.

Jesus fucking Christ.  I've seen some fucked up shit in my life and I was horrified from the footage. It's total fucking carnage over there.

Every single doctor interviewed, their message to the UK is lock your shit down now.

Their hospitals in the north are one of the finest in the whole of Europe.

Imagine the carnage in our run down underfunded hospitals if Italy's scale of the pandemic hits us?

We'd be totally fucked.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Sky News have been given access to hospitals in northern Italy, which they've just shown.

Jesus fucking Christ.  I've seen some fucked up shit in my life and I was horrified from the footage. It's total fucking carnage over there.

Imagine the carnage in our run down underfunded hospitals if Italy's scale of the pandemic hits us?

We fucked if it hits us.

The FT graph is suggesting it will hit us much harder, we had the time to prepare but ...........

I hope that when this is all over and we are recovering that people will be reminded of the businesses and people that were total twats during this worldwide crisis and that these businesses and people will become pariahs.

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

We'd be totally fucked.

It’s been barely functioning under normal circumstances for a decade or more.

People who know the price of everything and the value of nothing are about to discover the sheer folly of voluntarily running a health service down to the bare bones, because this thing will be the great leveller if it hits us like it has elsewhere. Whatever your occupation, your salary, your education level, the value of your home (hi the Daily Mail), your political persuasion etc, if yourself or a loved one gets a severe bout of corona when the system has been stressed past the point of coping, the horror will be unimaginable.

I suspect this prospect and that haunted, terrified look now permanently residing on Johnson’s face aren’t entirely unrelated.

• Upvote 3

I think London will be on lockdown soon regardless of what they’re leaking to the press. I’m probably giving them a level of competence they don’t deserve, but I’d hope this is the reason they are trying not to telegraph it. 

If it leaks London will be locked down before they actually do it then everyone will fuck off from there spreading it more widely. 

85756ACE-0A7A-4C2F-BD6F-FD9EAB77CD5F.png

44 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

"What most of us wouldn’t give for a Gordon Brown or a John Major right now. Or even a Theresa May. Words I thought I’d never write."

Found myself thinking the very same today. Honestly, anyone but this bumbling cretin and his crack team of idiots.

Major fair enough the other two fuck that.

12 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Every single doctor interviewed, their message to the UK is lock your shit down now.

We'd be totally fucked.

It's to late now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone just deals with Johnson after all the death is done with.