You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

So are they saying they are giving up all their wealth and possessions to help those who are losing everything? Jolly good of them

When Lennon wrote Imagine he was living in the Dakota, buying up apartments, and had an air conditioned room especially for his fur coats. 

• Upvote 3

These celebs with the virus that are posting videos probably mean well but they must be completely oblivious to the sheer anxiety and financial implications that this could have on a very high percentage of population. It's easy to be positive when you have enough money to never have to work again. If they really want to help they should be helping people financially, if not shut the fuck up. No one cares about you, when the whole worlds going tits up.

• Upvote 10

I am trying to find out the number of tests on corona virus in Germany, it is conspicuously missing from all charts like world in numbers, worldometers and similar, as well as German official sites. Anybody has any info on that?

People keep asking me what it’s like driving a bus with this pandemic going on. 

Apparently, saying “every day I go out and expose myself to the public” can be a little misleading. 

Oh well, it looks like we’re all going to feel it at some point. The key is no matter how hard it gets, stick it out as long as you can.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I've just mentioned it to the wife and she said a few people in her work (a school) complained of the same thing. Weird. 

The eldest lad and my self also had a bout of the shits, yet we were all eating the same stuff, so maybe's just another bug we've picked up. It is that time of the year anyway, plus certain pollen is in the air which leads to a lot of issues. I never suffered due to pollen related issues until a few years back, just after the fuckers planted these new trees near to where we live and it turns out I'm allergic to the fucking things. 

One last thing mate. With the dry throat and nose it kind of made breathing a bit uncomfortable, especially at night, it was also like a burning sensation in the nose, ring any bells? 

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bitcoin is on the way back up so everything must be sound again in China. 

I’m on the list of those who should isolate for 12 weeks from this weekend. How is that possible? Do I lock myself in a room for three months, only speak to my missus and kids through a door and disinfect everything in the bathroom every time I go in? It’s just not feasible.

I am going to brave Sainsbury’s one more time today to see if there’s anything left while wearing gloves and keeping my distance from people and then we’re gonna do the whole isolation thing as a family for a fortnight. I know I’m fortunate to even be in a position to do that. We’ve got some supplies, managed to grab a Tesco slot for Sunday and another for the 8th of April so we can hopefully get fresh fruit and veg but I haven’t been able to find any of the food my dog eats anywhere. If we change it up or feed him any of our dinners he gets the shits something rotten. 

Time to have stern words with the dog mate.

sit him down, explain the pandemic, food shortages etc.

then let him know, if he starts on the wild shites yers are gonna have to eat him.

Guest Pistonbroke
37 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I am trying to find out the number of tests on corona virus in Germany, it is conspicuously missing from all charts like world in numbers, worldometers and similar, as well as German official sites. Anybody has any info on that?

That's due to figures being collected by the Robert Koch Institute and negative laboratory figures are not fed directly into an accessible system. 

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

In other news my sister has had it. Not tested, but her resting heart rate of 60 was going as high as 108 without exercise. She had sats of 97 and a tempt of 38 point something. She also had chest pains. She's on the mend now, just aching like mad and coughing, but already working from home.

It seems a very large number of fit and healthy people will be asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms, so many of us could have it and not know.

I wonder if the increased numbers of young people in the USA is to do with the obesity or their massive amount of pharmaceutical usage? There seems to be a variable there, as it's very different than other countries. 

Could it be the way health services are accessed on America? I don't really understand how it works completely. But maybe a large number of old people without money just can't afford the test, so they sit at home and try to ride it out. Where's as younger people in good jobs have a level of insurance that gets them a test and a week in a hospital bed without issue? 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

ETfE-1FXkAEnAYw?format=jpg&name=large

I’m going to go with ‘fuck off!’ Come together as a community as I hide behind my castle walls with armed guards and mountains of fucking luxury food.

Wonder if she's popped around the food bank this afternoon to show her community coming together? The problem is, the thick Brexit cunts in this country will lap up that shit. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not saying anything new in the slightest. 

He's just playing the same card he was allowed to play right the way through the election campaign. No surprise to see cuntsberg was given the first question which she allowed him to sidestep without any challenge.  Very interesting to see him refer to these daily updates as 'interrogations' and then used the virus as an excuse to get away from having to stand in front of the press directly and opt for the remote option.

I stand by what I said yesterday in that nobody has a any real idea what's going on and it's all guesswork. The Tories are just hoping this all just passes and the worst case scenario doesn't happen. If we do manage to escape it, you can bet that BJ and his cronies will be wanking themselves silly and claiming that their handling and advise was the key factor in the county avoiding a meltdown.

I don't know why but my gut feeling is we're not going to see the levels of fatalities that Italy are seeing. I find it odd to say the least that Italy, a country with a similar population to the UK, seems to be bearing the brunt of this. Why them ? How come a city as congested as London isn't seeing similar numbers of people going down with this ? It just makes no sense.

As always and as we're seeing, it'll be the working classes who'll end feeling the worst effects of this the longest, while at the other end of the class system, it'll be business as usual.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The eldest lad and my self also had a bout of the shits, yet we were all eating the same stuff, so maybe's just another bug we've picked up. It is that time of the year anyway, plus certain pollen is in the air which leads to a lot of issues. I never suffered due to pollen related issues until a few years back, just after the fuckers planted these new trees near to where we live and it turns out I'm allergic to the fucking things. 

One last thing mate. With the dry throat and nose it kind of made breathing a bit uncomfortable, especially at night, it was also like a burning sensation in the nose, ring any bells? 

Nah. Did have a bit of a sore throat, but that was over quick. Fuck knows what's going round. 

54 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

People keep asking me what it’s like driving a bus with this pandemic going on. 

Apparently, saying “every day I go out and expose myself to the public” can be a little misleading. 

Oh well, it looks like we’re all going to feel it at some point. The key is no matter how hard it gets, stick it out as long as you can.

I bet you love all the back door loading of passengers.....

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

It’s 45.9