You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

You heartless bastards, they had to cancel a reception and the 100 grand spread went to waste. Even her corgi's are pissed off eating Beluga caviar. 

22 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Figures in for Italy now, 427 new deaths and 5322 new cases, poor sods are getting hammered on a daily basis. 

It'll be the same over here in London soon thanks to the useless cunt in charge.

That was a fucking circus show. Worst one yet.

The man is so fucking deluded, it's ridiculous. 3 months? Good luck with that you retarted cunt.

Italy have been on lockdown for 11 days and their numbers are out of control. They've extended the lockdown indefinitely.

We're not even gone to those measures yet and our numbers are spiralling.

This sums it all up:

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

These broadcasts are toe-cringing stuff.

I can't believe that is our Prime Minister and the country's foremost medical and scientific brains and they produce that. It's fucking abysmal , and I noticed the way Johnson sneaked in quickly at the end that they are looking to take them remote, obviously to avoid any ' interrogation ' i.e. one question asking him to clarify a soundbite.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

In other news my sister has had it. Not tested, but her resting heart rate of 60 was going as high as 108 without exercise. She had sats of 97 and a tempt of 38 point something. She also had chest pains. She's on the mend now, just aching like mad and coughing, but already working from home.

It seems a very large number of fit and healthy people will be asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms, so many of us could have it and not know.

I wonder if the increased numbers of young people in the USA is to do with the obesity or their massive amount of pharmaceutical usage? There seems to be a variable there, as it's very different than other countries. 

That's weird. One day last week I had a tight chest - just thought it was indigestion or reflux. But I was out of breath a few times and was roasting all morning in work - literally sweating. It went by the afternoon and I'd forgotten all about it. Didn't think those symptoms were anything to do with the virus. 

Strange times. 

I got a bad headache earlier and basically told myself that was it, flu setting in. Glass of water fixed it but still, it's not like me to be a hypochondriac. 

All this is unprecedented and I can't say it not affecting me. 

I'm particularly lucky in that I can work from home forever with no real effect on my work, so nothing else to complain about apart from being a bit worried.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, J-V said:

It'll be the same over here in London soon thanks to the useless cunt in charge.

Hopefully not mate, trends aren't looking good though. Cases are rising in Germany at an alarming rate as well, despite all the measures. Thankfully the mortality rate is a lot less than other countries, which could be down to many factors, but mainly due to the fact they have a great healthcare system with the ICU beds etc. 

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is in talks to buy a coronavirus antibody test that could be a game changer if it works, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Thursday. 

“We are in negotiations today to buy a so-called antibody test, as simple as a pregnancy test, that can tell whether you have had the disease,” Johnson said. 

“It is early days but if it works as its proponents claim, then we will buy literally hundreds of thousands of these kits as soon as practicable because obviously it has the potential to be a total game changer,” he told reporters.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That's weird. One day last week I had a tight chest - just thought it was indigestion or reflux. But I was out of breath a few times and was roasting all morning in work - literally sweating. It went by the afternoon and I'd forgotten all about it. Didn't think those symptoms were anything to do with the virus. 

Strange times. 

The whole family have had all those symptoms, even the two youngest lads. Just putting it down to a seasonal virus though as despite hot and cold flushes none of us have had a fever. In fact my temperature is hovering around 34.9, so I'll probably die of hypothermia. 

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.
Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave. 
The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.
People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.
However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies. 
Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.
Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

8 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.
Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave. 
The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.
People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.
However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies. 
Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.
Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

That cunt was on Peston yesterday saying EJ needed a number of bail out from the government and was in discussions with unions in terms of future for their employees.

That on top of Gatwick bosses taking a massive 20% pay cut, but laying off staff and that Branson cunt.

One thing we've learnt from this crisis, is that the aviation industry are pure evil cunts.

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The whole family have had all those symptoms, even the two youngest lads. Just putting it down to a seasonal virus though as despite hot and cold flushes none of us have had a fever. In fact my temperature is hovering around 34.9, so I'll probably die of hypothermia. 

I've just mentioned it to the wife and she said a few people in her work (a school) complained of the same thing. Weird.