You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There is genuinely now fucking plan, Mick.

Schools have no guidance at all. I know a group are putting in a letter of concern/complaint about the proposals, not the closures, but the application.

It has been an unmitigated disaster.

As an aside, who wants some gossip?

What, so the parents were kicking off about their kids having to go to school and now they dont, they're still fucking kicking off? oh yeah, we're not kicking off because the kids arent at school, we're kicking off at the way it's being done?

14 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

So now that the schools are closing, are the kids expected to self quarantine or are they free to roam the streets as if they're on holiday ?

Yeah, I've been wondering about this. My son's friend called for him last night, he wasn't at my house anyway as it happens, but I'm thinking I'm not letting any kids in or letting him go into other kids' houses. Thinking I'll let him play outside if he wants but still not 100% sure. He's only 8 though, imagine it'll be hard work controlling older ones. 

Going to be pretty tough trying to get him to understand that although he's off school, he's still got to be schooled to some degree. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

What, so the parents were kicking off about their kids having to go to school and now they dont, they're still fucking kicking off? oh yeah, we're not kicking off because the kids arent at school, we're kicking off at the way it's being done?

No, the senior school leaders have spent weeks putting contingency plans in place and stretching already stretched staff to think and plan months ahead to ensure the pupils have success, as well as can be expected anyhows. Only to be told that we, the government, are just going to make a load of shite up on the spot and jeopardise the lives of many disadvantaged children. 

It’s been an absolute clusterfuck and key policy has been written on the back of a fag packet in the tap room of the Duck & Drake.

19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, the senior school leaders have spent weeks putting contingency plans in place and stretching already stretched staff to think and plan months ahead to ensure the pupils have success, as well as can be expected anyhows. Only to be told that we, the government, are just going to make a load of shite up on the spot and jeopardise the lives of many disadvantaged children. 

It’s been an absolute clusterfuck and key policy has been written on the back of a fag packet in the tap room of the Duck & Drake.

I agree the chief scientific advisor and maybe even the chief medical officer have fucked up but it's a rapidly changing situation all over the world not just here.

Id have closed the borders back in January and not flown people back from Wuhan. But then some people would have said that was too draconian. Would people here have accepted the loss of liberty as implemented in parts of China? I dont know but I suspect we're about to find out.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree the chief scientific advisor and maybe even the chief medical officer have fucked up but it's a rapidly changing situation all over the world not just here.

Id have closed the borders back in January and not flown people back from Wuhan. But then some people would have said that was too draconian. Would people here have accepted the loss of liberty as implemented in parts of China? I dont know but I suspect we're about to find out.

I was talking education specific, well internal medical policy as well, as it has genuinely been made up on the hoof, as in a crisis like this you’d expect, but you’d also expect the best people and leaders to be consulted. This has not happened though and our ‘leaders’ have anointed themselves and their council as experts because of their status and privilege, and to a degree their prejudices.

They have fucked this up, this isn’t idle speculation, this is based on knowledge, and in the coming weeks this will become more apparent.

My niece was sent home from school today because she was coughing in class. She’s ok, just had a cough. Two hours later it’s announced the schools are closing. I always knew she was trouble....

Anywsy, I present to you this screenshot of the man in charge of your safety.

41 minutes ago, davelfc said:

How are parents working from home supposed to make sure their children are home schooled when grandparents cannot get involved. 

Just get some locks on the attic or cellar door and leave some bowls of water out.

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My niece was sent home from school today because she was coughing in class. She’s ok, just had a cough. Two hours later it’s announced the schools are closing. I always knew she was trouble....

Anywsy, I present to you this screenshot of the man in charge of your safety.

D78826EF-3442-4710-B26C-58C49BFB861A.jpeg

39 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

London lockdown being considered (discussions being held at the moment) according to Sky News.

I mentioned this a few days ago here, it's really the worst kept secret in London. We're fully expecting troops to be patrolling the streets by Friday, and eventually all travel in and out of the city to be stopped. Things are about to get draconian, Wuhan style.

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Everyone was sick before Christmas. Loads were off work. I took a month off the gym. Finally peaked around the 27th, I felt so ill I had to leave the pub.

Don't think it was flu though, don't think I've ever had flu.

Flu is a word that gets thrown around too much, when they actually mean they've got a particularly bad cold.

It's actually fairly uncommon , most people will only get it a handful times in their lives, unless you're Timo Werner who manages to get flu literally every year. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timo-werner/verletzungen/spieler/170527

• Upvote 1