You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

58 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

In reality money is a convenient illusion, so if you wanna talk about reality this, perhaps, isn’t the best opening gambit. 

And, yes, yes it is.

I agree that the reality is that money is a convenient illusion and thereby inflation also illusory.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

The fella that comes around and checks my water meter is an illusion as well.

At least I thought so until the water turned off - which seemed pretty real.

It's what Bezos will say when Bernie comes to wealth-tax him, money, hey, it's just an illusion, man.

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wouldn't be getting overly worried about seeing tanks being transported on a motorway, especially at night, and two of those photos don't seem to have been taken in the UK.

I’m wondering how a handful of tanks would be of any use whatsoever.  

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Maybe - but the water was off. 

Or was it?

Edit: Without being a dick we all know what I mean. The world is built of the confidence in the assurances of our government in to the value of our currency/money/assurances of payment and they are nothing but confidence tricks propped up by banks who invent capitol to sustain the debt they create. Nothing is nothing and everything means everything unless it means nothing. We’re all fucked and we allowed this to happen through our own complicit desire for an easier life. Economics in full.

The virus is real though, back to talk of that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Or was it?

He's just conning us. He's missing out the part where Morpheus turned up at his house and said "You think that's water you're craving now?" Then laughed and walked off, never to be seen again.

He didn't drink anything for weeks after that, until he was bored one day and the water was turned back on so he had a quick drink. He knows none of this is real and he's trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Fuck the matrix.

edit : if he ever sees the Queen now that he's awakened to the illusion will he see a 12-foot reptile made out of computer code? Fuck that. Leave it for Icke to deal with.

7 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Been sent this about five times on WhatsApp now. Seems we’ve progressed from the Prince Phillip rumours. 

ABFC1324-65A2-4C5F-9A02-68846892593E.jpeg

B5132F9A-F458-478E-B595-F49AD6B2F5E5.jpeg

11C98B79-E824-4C48-9C04-05BD02123A26.jpeg

Hmmmm....do you need to mobilize tanks to stop people leaving their house? A pistol would be just as suitable and a lot cheaper.

Maybe some military manoeuvres have been cancelled? Maybe they have been recalled to base?   

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He's just conning us. He's missing out the part where Morpheus turned up at his house and said "You think that's water you're craving now?" Then laughed and walked off, never to be seen again.

He didn't drink anything for weeks after that, until he was bored one day and the water was turned back on so he had a quick drink. He knows none of this is real and he's trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Fuck the matrix.

edit : if he ever sees the Queen now that he's awakened to the illusion will he see a 12-foot reptile made out of computer code? Fuck that. Leave it for Icke to deal with.

Glad you got the joke.

34 minutes ago, Elite said:

My mate and his family had something similar to what you describe and he's of the same thought as you but this thing is mega contagious, so with the trajectory of the spread it can't possibly be.

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had a proper shit ‘virus’ before this explode, but no temperature which is the key indicator.

Thats not to say we haven’t had it as it can be mild or asymptotic, so unless wholesale testing happens we won’t know...until we’re all dead.

28 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Everyone was sick before Christmas. Loads were off work. I took a month off the gym. Finally peaked around the 27th, I felt so ill I had to leave the pub.

Don't think it was flu though, don't think I've ever had flu. 

It is hard to know as it's such an unknown quantity but I've never experienced anything quite like it. Hopefully this corona can be cunted in the bastard as soon as possible. 

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

This is probably why we only got half an hour warning before they locked the bars here. 

Exactly!

The Government have made a monumental fuck up, and allowed selfish people to do the complete opposite of whats best for them.

Have they learnt nothing from Brexit?

Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

So now that the schools are closing, are the kids expected to self quarantine or are they free to roam the streets as if they're on holiday ?

There is genuinely now fucking plan, Mick.

Schools have no guidance at all. I know a group are putting in a letter of concern/complaint about the proposals, not the closures, but the application.

It has been an unmitigated disaster.

As an aside, who wants some gossip?

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

200px-HildaOgden.jpg

9 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Is it about Prince Philip?

No, McCluskey, who has tested positive and is currently isolating with his ‘niece’ who he contracted it from.

Edit: in vino veritas. I’m drunk and have been told I’m going to be off work for a ‘while’