You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Been sent this about five times on WhatsApp now. Seems we’ve progressed from the Prince Phillip rumours. 

ABFC1324-65A2-4C5F-9A02-68846892593E.jpeg

B5132F9A-F458-478E-B595-F49AD6B2F5E5.jpeg

I wouldn't be getting overly worried about seeing tanks being transported on a motorway, especially at night, and two of those photos don't seem to have been taken in the UK.

14 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wouldn't be getting overly worried about seeing tanks being transported on a motorway, especially at night, and two of those photos don't seem to have been taken in the UK.

The logistics corp move everyday , load of bollocks. 

28 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Bit of a giveaway in the 2nd photo in that they're driving on the right

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Such a shame they don't put you in charge.

Yeah don't be suggesting the obvious like debt relief, let's keep the worldwide scam going on during a global pandemic. Such a shame we can't withdraw elites cash from tax havens to help, we'd be swimming in it. And such a shame that the only people "trusted" or "allowed" to be in charge are the people creating messes like this while people like Corbyn and Sanders are the reincarnation of Stalin.

People have been saying the shit is due to hit the fan for a long time, and now is that time. The whole ponzi scheme is falling apart and we need actual change.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Every pound printed deducts value.

Economics 101

Yeah I thought there'd be a response against that. They can do it for financial institutions though, entering trillions into accounts, but not the rest of us for some reason. I think it's a scam and that seeing as they can do it for the corrupt bankers they can do it for us as well.

Isn't the key problem being that when the money is entered into the system it's a type of loan so it has to be paid back? If so they lend it to govs on the promise that it's paid back as the the economy is moving again. As long as the ecomony isn't being ran in a corrupt way surely that can be done.

I accept that the details of all of this might be over my head but not the general principle, which I think most of us understand.

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah don't be suggesting the obvious like debt relief, let's keep the worldwide scam going on during a global pandemic. Such a shame we can't withdraw elites cash from tax havens to help, we'd be swimming in it. And such a shame that the only people "trusted" or "allowed" to be in charge are the people creating messes like this while people like Corbyn and Sanders are the reincarnation of Stalin.

People have been saying the shit is due to hit the fan for a long time, and now is that time. The whole ponzi scheme is falling apart and we need actual change.

Yeah I thought there'd be a response against that. They can do it for financial institutions though, entering trillions into accounts, but not the rest of us for some reason. I think it's a scam and that seeing as they can do it for the corrupt bankers they can do it for us as well.

Isn't the key problem being that when the money is entered into the system it's a type of loan so it has to be paid back? If so they lend it to govs on the promise that it's paid back as the the economy is moving again. As long as the ecomony isn't being ran in a corrupt way surely that can be done.

No, the problem is that debt creates capitol and it’s a huge sleight of hand confidence scam.

For every penny a bank loans they create a subsequent debt and burden and a repayment promise. 1+1=3

The bank doubles its worth by presenting one interest as two propositions. If I say to you I will lend you one pound I don’t say I have the one pound that you have of mine, but another that you can pay me back in time, the banks do.

That, as I’m sure you’ll agree, is a house of cards. Again.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, the problem is that debt creates capitol. 

For every penny a bank loans they create a subsequent debt and burden and a repayment promise. 1+1=3

The bank doubles its worth by presenting one interest as two propositions. If I say to you I will lend you one pound I don’t say I have the one pound that you have of mine, but another that you can pay me back in time, the banks do.

So how is doing that for a government that makes the ecomony run more fairly and is able to pay it back any different?

edit : I saw you edited your post, agreed that it's a scam at least.

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

So how is doing that for a government that makes the ecomony run more fairly and is able to pay it back any different?

It doesn’t, but the bank present a picture of power and control which is simply an illusion that props up and gives legitimacy.

In the instance of the FED in America, a privately owned bank, printing money it charges at both the point of printing and the point of return. They effectively charge the US interest to print their own money and create a debt burden that could be called in at any time. This isn’t quite the system in the UK because we’re effectively hedging against future GDP growth and the continue value of the pound and that’s way scarier as we’re not, now, tied to any secure credit streams apart from QE, which could lead to either inflation or hyperinflation. 

Godbless this arrogant little island.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It doesn’t, but the bank present a picture of power and control which is simply an illusion that props.

In the instance of the FED in America, a privately owned bank, printing money it charges at both the point of printing and the point of return. They effectively charge the us interest to print their own money. This isn’t quite the system in the uk because we’re effectively hedging against future GDP growth and the continue value of the pound and that’s way scarier as were not, now, tied to any secure credit streams apart from QE, which could lead to either inflation or hyperinflation. 

Godbless this arrogant little island.

Thanks, like I said I don't get all of the details of it but understand that it's a scam. I think the obvious answer is a decent gov having more say in how the central bank operates but no idea if we'll see that happen any time soon.

I've wanted to get this book too for a while but keep putting it off, might get it shortly as I'm sure it'll help with understanding some more of the basics of the global system and how fucking stupid it is : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Debt-First-5-000-Years/dp/1612191290

edit : have just ordered it from ebay, should've got it ages ago.

Is it possible that someone could have had this late December / early January? Between Christmas and New Year myself and a number of members of my family were extremely unwell with severe flue symptoms, serious shakes and shivers and most notably throat was heavily constricting to the point where it was really hard to sleep and breathe. It lasted a week or more and only recently has my throat actually started to feel like it's receding.

It only just occurred to me that I had this horrible illness that I just assumed was flu but it was way more unpleasant than any illness I had before.

Is there any news on whether having it once can result in being more immune to it?

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Is it possible that someone could have had this late December / early January? Between Christmas and New Year myself and a number of members of my family were extremely unwell with severe flue symptoms, serious shakes and shivers and most notably throat was heavily constricting to the point where it was really hard to sleep and breathe. It lasted a week or more and only recently has my throat actually started to feel like it's receding.

It only just occurred to me that I had this horrible illness that I just assumed was flu but it was way more unpleasant than any illness I had before.

Is there any news on whether having it once can result in being more immune to it?

My mate and his family had something similar to what you describe and he's of the same thought as you but this thing is mega contagious, so with the trajectory of the spread it can't possibly be.

Am still freaking a bit thinking about what's to come. We might be locked down shortly like Italy but things are surely going to get worse and worse for the NHS as all of the cases in this last week or two of idiocy start turning up. Once the schools are done on Friday and some more places are closed down we should be finally be starting to clear this up though.

That makes me even more freaked about what's going to happen in the US too, but if our leaders can put their egos and bullshit aside other countries around the world should be offering to help us and we should be accepting it.