You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

42 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Wow, lots of conspiracy theories! The real scary thing about this is just how quickly and easily the world has been caught out by a virus that in the scheme of things, doesnt have a particularly high mortality rate.

You can look at the pandemics through recorded history that wiped out millions and this doesnt come close, even if it is in its early stages.

Depends how much you depend on stats and from whom but China has reported only 1 new case for the 2nd consecutive day. Even Italy is showing a slow down in fatalities.

Everything is crashing,literally, around your ears be that public sensibility, stock markets, currencies and commodities.

How could the world get caught out so easily?

Because the idiots are in charge.

You've got Bozo and Cheeto, despotic Communists and a western society that really isn't a society just men, women and families. Most people don't know their neighbors, social clubs are now whatsapp and FB memes, and everyone moaning about shutting pubs- they've been shutting at a record pace for years have they not due to no one going?

Perhaps some alone time to have a think about what we've created would be a good idea. Gutting health services, running hospitals at bare minimum service, underpaying and overworking front line workers, corporate welfare running at higher levels than ever.

And we get 'Chinese flu' 'we'll flatten the curve' 'the economy will pop again' etc 

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, davelfc said:

104 dead now in UK. 

The mortality rate in the Uk seems pretty high, a clear sign that their are a lot more cases than has been officially confirmed. Just as an example, in Germany there has been 11.300 confirmed cases with 27 dying. In the UK it's 2626 cases with 71 deaths, although that seems to be 104 now. Very worrying trends. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The mortality rate in the Uk seems pretty high, a clear sign that their are a lot more cases than has been officially confirmed. Just as an example, in Germany there has been 11.300 confirmed cases with 27 dying. In the UK it's 2626 cases with 71 deaths, although that seems to be 104 now. Very worrying trends. 

It's blatantly obvious that there are more cases than what's been reported. Using Northern Ireland as an example, there are no test sites there so the amount of people getting tested is minuscule. 

The UK government are a fucking disgrace but we all knew that anyway.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The numbers of cases/deaths pretty much everywhere will keep going way up for at least 2 weeks. Damage has been done. 

Known cases in Germany have more or less doubled over the last 2 days. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The numbers of cases/deaths pretty much everywhere will keep going way up for at least 2 weeks. Damage has been done. 

Going to get much, much worse because of schools still being open, no lockdown etc.

Italy have been in full lockdown for over a week and their numbers are still going alarmingly up.

I’m starting to warm to the idea of just standing up to this cunt virus and everyone to man carrying on with life. Get the footy etc back going get to work get the pub just laugh in the face of adversity. 

Maybe because I’m used to laughing when it comes on top I don’t know. 

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Going to get much, much worse because of schools still being open, no lockdown etc.

Italy have been in full lockdown for over a week and their numbers are still going alarmingly up.

Italy's numbers as I understand it, are not that alarming in that the percentage increase of cases is lowering each day. It takes weeks with this virus for lockdown efforts to reflect in the numbers because there's a lag time in the symptoms showing up and it doesn't seem to kill people quickly. Takes a couple weeks. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm very much in the "not at risk" category, but thanks for bringing up my own mortality in these trying times. Appreciate it. 

If god asked me if I want you to die then my answer would be no. Take a joke you stupid fucking prick