You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

You could well be. Asda for example don't sell certain pre packed fruits in packs of 7. 

Well she could have bought 1 x pack of 6 bananas and 1x single banana. She'd get away with that as well, the crafty old bugger.

HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD NEWS? -China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them. - Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally. - Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus. - A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China. - Apple reopens all 42 china stores. - Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days. - Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining. - Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe. - Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine. - 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life. - A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research. - A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore. - Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery. - All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered. - Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19. AND THE FIRST PHILIPPINE CASE HAS BEEN DISCHARGED!!!! These ARE ALL verified! BLOOMBERG NEWS COMPILATION (1st Philippine discharge is from verified local news) Spread the good news to lift everyone's spirit in this trying times. Let's continue to care for each other and stay focused on safety of those vulnerable.

Sorry I don't have sauce. 

https://www.insideover.com/society/indian-doctors-successfully-cure-italian-coronavirus-patients.html

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Unbelievable. The World is on its knees and people are just readily accepting it. Incredible.

You all do realise don't you whats happening?

No schools

No work

No social interaction

Confined to your homes

Its the beginning of the breakdown of society and for what? The fucking flu.

Next up:

Curfews

Not being able to go outside

Loss of power and water?

Your guess is as good as mine, but everyone has fed into this panic, like a tornado picking up debris.

fuck off back to benidorm yer dick.

Without wanting to cause panic, I've heard from several people who have contacts in the police and armed forces that a nationwide lock-down will be in effect by end of the week. Not sure what that will entail exactly (if true) but expect to see streets cleared and army guys on patrol. Supermarkets also expected to have additional security and measures to ensure panic buy does not occur which will cause huge queues. 

Could be false information but I expected something like this to happen at some point. If you are able, get stocked up on essentials by tomorrow would be my advice.

5 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Not a fan of this guy but the Irish Prime Minister did a live Ministerial Broadcast on national TV at 9pm this evening. Its pretty sobering but exactly what is needed to make people sit up and realise what's going on.

Pretty sure Butch just said there's a Cuban supersauce that sorts it out la.

Everyone can go outside again and cough without anxiety. Yaaay.

50 minutes ago, Elite said:

If she can afford 7 single bananas, she can afford a pack of 7 which will be cheaper. Or am I missing something?

Maybe she doesn’t see the point of the use of the plastic bag to protect a fruit that magically has its own protective covering

9 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Without wanting to cause panic, I've heard from several people who have contacts in the police and armed forces that a nationwide lock-down will be in effect by end of the week. Not sure what that will entail exactly (if true) but expect to see streets cleared and army guys on patrol. Supermarkets also expected to have additional security and measures to ensure panic buy does not occur which will cause huge queues. 

Could be false information but I expected something like this to happen at some point. If you are able, get stocked up on essentials by tomorrow would be my advice.

I'd prefer Corbyn in power now as would many others, but if nothing else at least we don't have to put up with right-wingers crying about Stalin and communism as a Corbyn gov has the country on lockdown with police/army patrolling the streets.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'd prefer Corbyn in power now as would many others, but if nothing else at least we don't have to put up with right-wingers crying about Stalin and communism as a Corbyn gov has the country on lockdown with police/army patrolling the streets.

Plus nationalising airlines. 

43 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Not a fan of this guy but the Irish Prime Minister did a live Ministerial Broadcast on national TV at 9pm this evening. Its pretty sobering but exactly what is needed to make people sit up and realise what's going on.

He did well tonight. Showed leadership that's needed

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Just been to Aldi. Felt sorry for this lady- she was buying around 7 or 8 loose bananas. Got told limit was four and had the rest removed. Im stood behind here with a "pack" of bananas that had 8 in them- which was fine?

We both mentioned it to the checkout guy- he went further explaining I could actually buy "4 packs" equating to around 32 bananas but she could only buy the 4 "singles"

Perplexing stuff

Lady could have bought 4 bananas.

You could have bought your pack and her extra 3 single bananas. 

Problem solved.

48 minutes ago, Baltar said:

My brother in law was in the army up until 2 years ago. He says the lads who he is in touch with who are still in the army have had all leave cancelled and a few have been recalled from posts abroad.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My brother in law was in the army up until 2 years ago. He says the lads who he is in touch with who are still in the army have had all leave cancelled and a few have been recalled from posts abroad.

Ask him if Prince Phillip is dead yet

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Based in Warrington. Remember that invention Simon was keeping under wraps ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-finger-prick-test-can-17941310

So targeting private businesses, but not the NHS who’d need it most. However, I wouldn’t trust that shifty-looking chicken nugget headed managing director they have pictured, and I think this test kit needs to be peer reviewed.