You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

42 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

So if I phone my manager and tell him I'm self isolating for 2 weeks (even if I don't cough, cough..), I get a 3 month mortgage break?

Bank manager? Not sure they’d authorise it but, dependant on your lender, the relevant service centre will likely say yes. 

You’ll have to pay the remainder back over the term of the mortgage, so after the holiday your monthly payment will go up. You’ll be charged additional interest as well but that shouldn’t be much.

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So what do you put in a stripper's g-string, then?

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

One of the government experts said a day or so ago, it's about 2-3 days on hard surfaces. 

It just seems slippery, my guess is its harder than a bowling lane. 4-5 days, minimum.

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hope he is ok Rico , and yourself by extension obviously. 

On a side note I am surprised at how many people seem to feel they have it ( The wife's niece is undergoing tests ) when by my mathematics the government are suggesting it is a one in a thousand plus chance at this stage.

Cheers. 

I was really ill at Christmas, then my dad got pneumonia in Jan. I wonder if I’m patient zero?  Loads at work been to China and Far East. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On a side note I am surprised at how many people seem to feel they have it ( The wife's niece is undergoing tests ) when by my mathematics the government are suggesting it is a one in a thousand plus chance at this stage.

I reckon there'll be thousands upon thousands of people financially living day to day who may have shown some slight symptoms and just thought, fuck it and kept quiet for fear of being told/forced to quarantine and losing wages.

So much of this just seems to be pure guesswork when in reality, no fucker has a clue about it.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I reckon there'll be thousands upon thousands of people financially living day to day who may have shown some slight symptoms and just thought, fuck it and kept quiet for fear of being told/forced to quarantine and losing wages.

So much of this just seems to be pure guesswork when in reality, no fucker has a clue about it.

If the mortality rate is consistent then it’s easy to work out the infection rate.  

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If the mortality rate is consistent then it’s easy to work out the infection rate.  

The mortality rates in different countries is very different. I suspect in such a fast moving landscape it’s not possible to isolate all/even a fraction of the variables 

3 minutes ago, Champ said:

The mortality rates in different countries is very different. I suspect in such a fast moving landscape it’s not possible to isolate all/even a fraction of the variables 

Unfortunately the more that get infected and go through this disease, the more data you will get and even more unfortunately we will get much more data to extrapolate from before this thing is over. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Aldi have a policy of 'only 4 of a particular item'. So you'll still get dick heads buying 4 packs of 16 toilet rolls.

Just been to Aldi. Felt sorry for this lady- she was buying around 7 or 8 loose bananas. Got told limit was four and had the rest removed. Im stood behind here with a "pack" of bananas that had 8 in them- which was fine?

We both mentioned it to the checkout guy- he went further explaining I could actually buy "4 packs" equating to around 32 bananas but she could only buy the 4 "singles"

Perplexing stuff

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

Just been to Aldi. Felt sorry for this lady- she was buying around 7 or 8 loose bananas. Got told limit was four and had the rest removed. Im stood behind here with a "pack" of bananas that had 8 in them- which was fine?

We both mentioned it to the checkout guy- he went further explaining I could actually buy "4 packs" equating to around 32 bananas but she could only buy the 4 "singles"

Perplexing stuff

Who buys 7 single bananas anyway? Fucking weirdo got what she served.

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Worldwide - hundreds and hundreds of thousands

42 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Worldwide - hundreds and hundreds of thousands

Yup.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Who buys 7 single bananas anyway? Fucking weirdo got what she served.

Come on man, if she’s elderly it may be one per day. She may be trying to shop what she needs for seven days till her next pension payment.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, M_B said:

Many industries are going to need financial support to survive. Airlines for example will not survive with no business for 3 months. Do we let them collapse or do we bail them out? Not just them either - bus and rail companies, the whole tourism industry, retail.....

nationalise the fucking lot, time to reset!

38 minutes ago, Champ said:

Is it? Factoring in things like smoking, obesity and other aggravating factors isn’t it consistent? Growth is.  

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Come on man, if she’s elderly it may be one per day. She may be trying to shop what she needs for seven days till her next pension payment.

If she can afford 7 single bananas, she can afford a pack of 7 which will be cheaper. Or am I missing something?