You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Unbelievable. The World is on its knees and people are just readily accepting it. Incredible.

You all do realise don't you whats happening?

No schools

No work

No social interaction

Confined to your homes

Its the beginning of the breakdown of society and for what? The fucking flu.

Next up:

Curfews

Not being able to go outside

Loss of power and water?

Your guess is as good as mine, but everyone has fed into this panic, like a tornado picking up debris.

• Downvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Things coming together where I live. Gov't, Business and the usual donors to social projects have already set up a home delivery service for those who are in quarantine. 

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Unbelievable. The World is on its knees and people are just readily accepting it. Incredible.

No schools

No work

No social interaction

Confined to your homes

Next up:

Curfews

Loss of power and water?

Your guess is as good as mine, but everyone has fed into this panic, like a tornado picking up debris.

Well, it's not the flu. What do you suggest, everyone just crack on as normal? 

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No schools

No work

No social interaction

Confined to your homes

Next up:

Curfews

Loss of power and water?

Something to do with the weakest and most vulnerable members of our society possibly dying horribly. But yeah it's the flu so whatever. 

I guess you'd rather wait until the bodies are puling up before you did anything?

What is your suggestion on how to deal with this, I am interested. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No schools

No work

No social interaction

Confined to your homes

Next up:

Curfews

Loss of power and water?

Let us know what you think of things should you or a loved one get a cough or worse still test positive. 

What most people realise is that precautionary measures are being put in place when a pandemic strikes. 

10 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Something to do with the weakest and most vulnerable members of our society possibly dying horribly. But yeah it's the flu so whatever. 

I guess you'd rather wait until the bodies are puling up before you did anything?

What is your suggestion on how to deal with this, I am interested. 

See this is exactly my point. Bodies piling up? No wonder people are losing their shit. Did you post that on Facebook for good measure?

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Let us know what you think of things should you or a loved one get a cough or worse still test positive. 

What most people realise is that precautionary measures are being put in place when a pandemic strikes. 

How do you know if you have it? Please enlighten me? How can you conclusively prove you have it, in order to pass it on? What a cough? a sore throat? In the season of flu and colds? Its complete scaremongering.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

See this is exactly my point. Bodies piling up? No wonder people are losing their shit. Did you post that on Facebook for good measure?

Ha, I don't use social media mate. You are in massive denial and it's going to hit you like a train. Most of us are taking it in and dealing with it. Planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

It's pointless discussing it with you because you're way way over there at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Amazon and their retailers must be loving this, all I can see whizzing about the place are their vans, loads of them. I think people are basically doing their bulk shopping via them now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How do you know if you have it? Please enlighten me? How can you conclusively prove you have it, in order to pass it on? What a cough? a sore throat? In the season of flu and colds? Its complete scaremongering.

You sir are a massive tit. 

What researchers say: COVID-19 originated in China

The consensus among researchers studying the spread of the virus pinpoints COVID-19’s likely origin to a “wet market,” or live animal market, in Wuhan, China. Though experts have not ruled out the possibility that the pathogen could have been brought to the market by an already infected person, there is no evidence to suggest COVID-19 originated outside the country.

The origin theory for the virus is supplemented by preliminary research into the disease’s genome, as well as the origins of similar diseases. Researchers at the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre published the genome of COVID-19 two weeks after cases were reported in late December 2019. Gene sequencing analysis strongly suggests the virus originated in bats and was transferred to humans through a yet-unidentified intermediary species. In early February, Chinese researchers published work suggesting the intermediary species may have been the pangolin (also called a scaly anteater), though this work has not yet undergone a peer-reviewed study.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/16/coronavirus-fact-check-where-did-covid-19-start-experts-say-china/5053783002/

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How did anyone know they really had the mange back in the day? Sometimes you've got to believe the experts or your mate who's tagged you with it. Sometimes mate, we've just got to accept that we actually have to have interaction with our families even if we hate them. This has been a rude awakening for a lot of people in our society including the most vulnerable, football fans.

I don't know what your point was but I'm glad I've given you comfort in this hard time.

We were told on Friday that there were between 5000 and 10,000 cases in the UK. It doubles every 3 or 4 days, but now we are told there is up to 55,000 cases in the UK. As they are not testing hardly anybody, how have they come to that number?

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why is that important? Tested cases all over the world are increasing and so are related deaths.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

We were told on Friday that there were between 5000 and 10,000 cases in the UK. It doubles every 3 or 4 days, but now we are told there is up to 55,000 cases in the UK. As they are not testing hardly anybody, how have they come to that number?

I don't know, Spy Bee. I just don't know.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You are answering your own question pal.

22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Simple answer is they don't have a motherfucking clue.

It's completely fucked up because they are doing 'modelling' on a fraction of the numbers. They have no fucking idea how many people are infected.

It's like me trying to value a house based on only checking out the kitchen.

I don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant, but I would estimate the numbers are at least 10 times worse then being recorded/reported in terms of infections.

First UK case was recorded on 31st January. Just imagine every person that has come into the country from far east or Italy since then, not even factoring any other country where people have just entered the country without being checked or tested.

Then imagine every person recorded as having the virus and also any that have died and every person they've been in contact with. Then factor in everyone that hasn't been recorded and every person they've been in close contact with and so and so on...

Remember the guy that was in the far east, came back to Brighton, then went to France and how many people he had infected? That was fucking weeks ago.

Just imagine how many of the 3k Atleti fans (probably more than that) and Spanish journos that were at Anfield for our game last week were potentially infected.

They've also been advising everyone to self isolate for 7 days, when it should have been 14 days, so more infections potentially from people leaving their homes too early.

Boris and team are so out of their depth, it's fucking ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ok ill just join the queue of you screaming whims. 

I don't see any of them here. I see fathers, grandfathers and concerned people doing their best for their loved ones. 

Being prepared isn't about being a screaming quim, being in denial for this long is. 

• Upvote 5