You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

In other news i’m supposed to be working from home but haven’t even turned my laptop on yet. I don’t feel like working at all, my place is full of cunts who see the implementation of a project as being life and death, I really can’t be putting up with that when real, serious shit is going on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

My missus works in a doctor's surgery. They told our 9 year old in School that even if schools shut, they will still be open for families of front line NHS staff.

That's exactly what they are doing here. Schools are shut apart from kids whose parents work in vital areas such as health care. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Every country in the world is going to go into massive amounts of debts to tackle this.

Debts to who?

Many industries are going to need financial support to survive. Airlines for example will not survive with no business for 3 months. Do we let them collapse or do we bail them out? Not just them either - bus and rail companies, the whole tourism industry, retail.....

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Many industries are going to need financial support to survive. Airlines for example will not survive with no business for 3 months. Do we let them collapse or do we bail them out? Not just them either - bus and rail companies, the whole tourism industry, retail.....

Most countries are committing to backing businesses of all sizes. 

That wasn't really the point I was making though.

My wife took our daughter to school this morning and overheard another mother taking their child to our daughters school this morning and told the teacher her son had a dry cough & for the teacher to keep an eye on him...

My wife didn’t hear the end of the discussion but I hope the teachers response was to “take him fucking home right now”.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

No, not why, but who to? If every country is in debt, who do we owe the money to?

The investors buying the government bonds (which is just about everyone right now - the government can borrow for free at the moment).

New office protocol implemented this morning - most staff working from home. Skeleton staff in office. We are a small office so makes sense, and I have been working from home anyway. 

Courts still hurting their head in the sand though and conducting business as usual.

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

Fuck businesses for now, people need to keep a roof over they're heads. 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Apparently the schools will be shut either on or before Friday.

Heard this from someone who knows someone in government, no idea if it’s bollocks though. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Trust me, you know as much as the schools.

No guidance has been given, this is just the schools being proactive and preparing best they can to look out for the kids.

It’s been a fucking shambles.

For the last 2, I understood all schools had been told at the start of last week to prepare for their kids to work from home from this Friday and it would be tied into Easter. Certainly all Liverpool schools anyway..

21 minutes ago, ``` said:

Odeon's now closed all their cinemas.

And Laura Ashley has gone into administration. 

1 minute ago, M_B said:

They also need to have a job to return to.

But I agree about the roof - mortgage payments should be suspended.

Yes they should be suspended for now. This is all new ground this and we'll have to adapt accordingly. It could eventually fizzle out over time or completely blow up with mass deaths. Uncharted territory for sure, historic stuff. 

Just now, Butch said:

Yes they should be suspended for now. This is all new ground this and we'll have to adapt accordingly. It could eventually fizzle out over time or completely blow up with mass deaths. Uncharted territory for sure, historic stuff. 

There is a chain in this though. Banks don't lend you money from their reserves, they just bulk buy money for mortgages. So we need to find a way nobody gets fucked, because no matter the outcome, if someone gets fucked, people will start losing jobs. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

There is a chain in this though. Banks don't lend you money from their reserves, they just bulk buy money for mortgages. So we need to find a way nobody gets fucked, because no matter the outcome, if someone gets fucked, people will start losing jobs. 

There is but it can be done and it will inevitably mean government debt. Italy has suspended mortgage repayments.