You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

How the fuck can anyone defend this. They should've shut the schools down early on. This could now be one of the main ways the virus is spreading throughout the country. Aren't teachers and other school staff worth protecting? Or kids with immune or other problems? Or parents high risk that have kids going out into this shit every week day? Or anyone around kids carrying this as they work on or travel on public transport and so on?

This is why almost every other country closed the schools early on. Even the school kids understand this better than the government.

3 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

All this talk of ramping up testing is daft we don't really have the capacity, our Pathology labs are drowning in the workload already and we are only just starting.

You cannot run your health system into the ground over a period of 10 years and hope it will be ok when a pandemic hits.

That's why I said we need to invest. How do you tackle any problem and find solutions without data. 

3 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

if you think you are getting onto a high dependency unit if you are older you need your head examining, they will be for the upper classes with more money than sense. The youngs and people with young children.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Carphone Warehouse to close all stand alone stores and 2900 jobs lost. 

Disgraceful behaviour from these cunt companies taking advantage of this. 

Haven't they said this was going to happen anyway. They put the down to falling sales because people are buying online  ?

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's immaterial whether something was "forced on us" or not, isn't it? If we believe the story about austerity causing deaths, surely an economic hit of much greater magnitude is going to cause more deaths? Perhaps even more than the virus itself?

mainly because the austerity was bollocks, it was based on a hunch, and there is fuck loads then can be done via QE you know to save millions of lives globally, rather than bylining out Branson and his bank chums.

Some UK gov : a report from a team of experts made us see many would die from our herd immunity idea so we changed our plans.

Some UK public : minutes after finding out about the herd immunity idea googled the coronavirus death rate, uk population and used a calculator. Knew many would die.

"Wait for the experts on this one."

Now we're told it's that bad that kids have to stay at schools so that the NHS and others can deal with the virus that's been made so much worse because of the herd immunity idea. Why? So that the kids can keep spreading it around the country? How does that help NHS staff when it creates a constant wave of new patients as kids spread it further?

Hopefully this doesn't continue until easter holidays.

16 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Every country in the world is going to go into massive amounts of debts to tackle this.

Debts to who?

Exactly, and who is making profits at a time like this? They're the real enemy here.

Ok the virus is our real enemy, the health of the weak and vulnerable is our real problem but fuck those looking to profit from this.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s gutting mate. 

I think yesterday was the point I realised it was genuinely seriously bad. It was only yesterday morning I was laughing at someone I know for going into Lidl wearing a silly mask. And it wasn’t one of these. 

614Ku-qP2DL._SR500,500_.jpg

The only thing stopping me from taking the whole family into self isolation is my boy’s determination to stay in school because of his GCSE’s coming up. Had a little argument with him over it already this morning but he’s 16 so he obviously knows more about everything than everyone else. Proper teenage strop. “Well if the school’s open, I’m going, I don’t care.” You’ll do as your told, you little bastard. I think if the schools don’t shut in the next few days I’ll take matters into my own hands. Four kids in Turdsette’s class of less than 20 were off for various reasons yesterday.

Surely common sense will prevail and they'll shut them all eventually. Within two days our son has already received a load of work to be getting on with from home and they've set up on-line tuition with teachers working via home-office etc, just been down to his school to pick up his books which he conveniently left in his locker. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Surely common sense will prevail and they'll shut them all eventually. Within two days our son has already received a load of work to be getting on with from home and they've set up on-line tuition with teachers working via home-office etc, just been down to his school to pick up his books which he conveniently left in his locker. 

Just heard that one of the primary schools in town and one of the nurseries have closed because of multiple teachers showing symptoms. 

Sadiq Khan just said on Sky News that it was revealed that 23 of the 56 deaths so far are London folk when he attended the Cobra meeting yesterday afternoon.

Pretty sure that information wasn't released yesterday. The only thing mentioned yesterday during the press conference yesterday is that London was 'ahead' of the curve.

If above is correct, then they need to put London on full lockdown asap.

People still going to work etc getting on public transport from footage on the news by the looks of it.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just heard that one of the primary schools in town and one of the nurseries have closed because of multiple teachers showing symptoms. 

Just a matter of time, John. Missus just received a call from one of the Kindergartens she does her speech therapy in to wish us all the best and to explain the current situation and to tell the missus she'll be receiving an e-mail containing a project she can work on. He said that the dates which have been given for the length of time schools and Kindergartens will be closed over here are way too optimistic, as he himself has been told by the powers that be to expect things to be extended much further.