You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, let's send millions of disease-riddled kids home to be looked after by their grandparents, what can possibly go wrong.

For a start there aren't millions of disease-riddled kids. If you believe that though I'm going to guess that you're now in agreement that the response to this pandemic from the Tories has been completely wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

For a start there aren't millions of disease-riddled kids. If you believe that though I'm going to guess that you're now in agreement that the response to this pandemic from the Tories has been completely wrong.

Hang on millions of diseased riddled kids now? He was playing it down saying people will be embarrassed by it all yesterday.  

10 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Dutch PM to address the nation live in about 5 minutes for first time since the 1970s oil crisis. 

"Nederlanders zorgen voor elkaar, delen het toiletpapier en houden het feest niet tegen"

giphy.gif

Senator from Califonia - Devin Nunes:

"If you're healthy, you and your family, it's a great time to go out and go to a local restaurant, likely you can get in easily," Nunes said during an interview on Fox News as many cities announced new restrictions on bars and restaurants to limit gatherings.
"Let's not hurt the working people in this country ... go to your local pub," he added.
The suggestion directly contradicts recommendations put forth in recent days by government agencies and public health experts. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

What's the point of issuing the latest figures if hardly anyone is actually being tested? 

Can’t we use everyone else’s data on infection rates & hospitalisation to work back the population figure?  

We know uk population

we know % of hospitalisation 

we can work our % of population infected. 

It's not clear to me what, other than the elderly and very ill, constitutes an "at risk" group. I have a cough, I'm asthmatic and take immunosuppressant medication - what the fuck do I do, call 111 or wait to get worse? It's been getting better over the last week but it's persistent for sure.

I haven't left the house in 6 days and now it looks like the wife will be stuck here too.

I'm loathe to panic but I also don't know what to do.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I get what he's saying, and the point about the cruise ship was very interesting, but surely the massive lock down in Hubei is mostly responsible for the slowdown?

It was for the rest of China, but they have been locked down for almost 2 months now, and if the numbers are true, the infection stopped spreading within the province as well, similarly to the cruiser.

Just now, Karl_b said:

It's not clear to me what, other than the elderly and very ill, constitutes an "at risk" group. I have a cough, I'm asthmatic and take immunosuppressant medication - what the fuck do I do, call 111 or wait to get worse? It's been getting better over the last week but it's persistent for sure.

I haven't left the house in 6 days and now it looks like the wife will be stuck here too.

I'm loathe to panic but I also don't know what to do.

I think you may have to start talking to her. 

• Upvote 1