You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh I agree about 'the man' fully. 100%. 'the man' is a cunt.

Not sure about the 5G thing. I don't know enough about it. 

Its not often I'd agree with someone who has Leonhardsen as his avatar. 

Ha ha old Oyvind, what a let down he was.

It doesn't matter a jot what i think, because people who I love around me are panicking.

We went to Alton Towers for two days this friday, had a good time in the water park and then on the rides the next day, but on the friday night when the kids where in bed my missus just broke down and was inconsolable. This is someone who hardly gets flustered over anything and is as sensible as they come.

When i asked her why, she told me it was the virus and all the stuff shed been reading on FACEBOOK. Just shows how impactful social media is and how it psychologically effects our behaviour and emotions.

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its called free thinking. You should try it sometime and not simply do what the TV tells you to.

For fuck’s sake. Does being a walking cliche not become draining? One step away from using “sheeple” as an insult.

50 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Panic buying is fucking ridiculous, selfish and sad.

Offers

6AAF91E2-CD18-4313-AC05-DBA38903D7A3.jpeg

Don't get me going on panic buying. I went out yesterday to do the weekly shop. It was fucking mental. You couldn't even buy a tin of fucking peas. There's plenty of fresh food out there, but non perishable items were stripped bare. There's no soap, barely any cleaning products aside from bleach, no bog roll (as we all know!). We mostly shop week to week, get some stuff off Amazon subscribe and save, so this fucking mental behaviour is going to cause me to shop almost every other day. Which brings you into contact with more people, increasing the chances of spreading the virus. The supermarkets have got signs up in places like the bog roll section saying "no more than 5 per person" what the fuck are they on about? How many families need to buy 60 bog rolls? These cunts are happy for the panic to keep sales moving. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How is it a shit conspiracy? Go and read up on the potential dangers of 5G. 4G is already dangerous enough. Its not just about how much fucking broadband you can get!

Ok I will try politeness. Can you take your bullshit conspiracy shit out of this thread please. You fucking cuckoo clock. 

Open a new thread on it and discuss it there.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ha ha old Oyvind, what a let down he was.

It doesn't matter a jot what i think, because people who I love around me are panicking.

We went to Alton Towers for two days this friday, had a good time in the water park and then on the rides the next day, but on the friday night when the kids where in bed my missus just broke down and was inconsolable. This is someone who hardly gets flustered over anything and is as sensible as they come.

When i asked her why, she told me it was the virus and all the stuff shed been reading on FACEBOOK. Just shows how impactful social media is and how it psychologically effects our behaviour and emotions.

Fucking Bernards watch over here. 

Sorry about the missus. 

What are the symptoms of this thing? I felt shitty last night and went to bed at 9pm. Had a bout of shivering for about an hour, needed to piss 5 times, coughed my guts up then had a monster headache. 16 hours in bed later and I feel quite a bit better.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What are the symptoms of this thing? I felt shitty last night and went to bed at 9pm. Had a bout of shivering for about an hour, needed to piss 5 times, coughed my guts up then had a monster headache. 16 hours in bed later and I feel quite a bit better.

Doesn't sound like Covid 19

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Fever, Dry Cough, aches and respiratory difficulty

30 minutes ago, ))) said:

I don't particularly think 4 months of isolation would 'kill them' but it may make their symptoms of anxiety or depression worse which may increase risks (e.g. self-neglect, suicidal ideation etc). It can be useful to speak to Age UK or Mind about how to manage and support your loved ones during this time. If they are in housing, they usually have people that can check in or even organise events on-site too. It's worth bearing in mind that for a lot of people they don't want to 'burden' their family or 'moan about their problems' when they feel 'they have enough on their plate', if that's the case, get them to get in touch with listening services such as https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/ as it can be really useful to speak to someone when nobody is available.

I would say to anyone who has someone their worried about to look at the little things you can do to support them. It's not about fixing their anxieties or trying to improve their mood (only they can do that) but helping with tasks like cleaning, teaching good hygiene or just getting their shopping in.

Technology can be a problem for the elderly (not everyone) so it may even help to set up Skype, show them the basics and perhaps they can learn a new skill? It's the little things that help.

Great post that.

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia reported 190 new cases of coronavirus on Sunday, most linked to a religious event at a mosque that was attended by more than 10,000 people from several countries. 

The new cases bring the total number of infections in the country to 428, the health ministry said in a statement. 

The ministry said all event participants and their close contacts will be placed under mandatory quarantine for 14 days. 

Malaysian health authorities have said around 16,000 people attended the religious gathering held at a mosque near Kuala Lumpur between Feb. 27 and March 1. Around 14,500 of the participants are Malaysian. 

Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said on Friday that the country was facing a “second wave” of infections, and warned of an impact on economic growth. 

In neighbouring Brunei, 38 of a total 40 cases had been linked to the religious gathering as of Saturday. 

Singapore has also reported some cases linked to the same event.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-malaysia/malaysia-virus-tally-hits-highest-in-southeast-asia-due-to-mosque-event-idUKKBN2120BC?il=0

SOFIA (Reuters) - Bulgaria will raise the salaries of all medics involved in treating coronavirus patients by 1000 levs (461.36 pounds) per month as it steps up measures to contain the fast-spreading infection, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov said on Sunday. 

The Balkan country’s confirmed cases almost doubled to 43 over the weekend. Two people have died from the infection. The country has declared a state of emergency until April 13, closing schools and banning mass gatherings. 

Bulgaria’s hospitals, suffering from a chronic shortage of nurses, many of whom have left the country to look for better pay in the West, have already started to hire volunteers to help treat patients. 

In a rare demonstration of unity, Borissov and President Rumen Radev stood together appealing to Bulgarians not to yield to panic, but grasp the gravity of the situation, observe social distancing and show unity and solidarity. 

“Everyone that is on the frontline and deals with the coronavirus will get an additional 1,000 levs monthly,” Borissov said, adding that Bulgarian industry is producing protective masks and outfits for the medics.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-bulgaria/bulgaria-to-pay-medics-on-coronavirus-frontline-extra-idUKKBN2120ND?il=0

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Don't get me going on panic buying. I went out yesterday to do the weekly shop. It was fucking mental. You couldn't even buy a tin of fucking peas. There's plenty of fresh food out there, but non perishable items were stripped bare. There's no soap, barely any cleaning products aside from bleach, no bog roll (as we all know!). We mostly shop week to week, get some stuff off Amazon subscribe and save, so this fucking mental behaviour is going to cause me to shop almost every other day. Which brings you into contact with more people, increasing the chances of spreading the virus. The supermarkets have got signs up in places like the bog roll section saying "no more than 5 per person" what the fuck are they on about? How many families need to buy 60 big rolls? These cunts are happy for the panic to keep sales moving. 

World has gone mad Barry, my missus is out today getting stuff for her Mum.

If the over 70s go on lockdown she will be responsible for her Mum as her brother us a tit. Me and my sister will sort my Mum and Dad out. 
My sister is not in the best of health herself so I hope she stays healthy, I would help her too obviously. Shops should hire rental vans and more drivers for a period to help deliver. I feel so sorry for people on low incomes, something should be put in place immediately to help them.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

C8966193-9A1C-4D35-8A58-83943E1DC267.jpeg

On 14/03/2020 at 12:58, Rico1304 said:

Are you mad?  Why would I want to spend any time with you?  I really don’t like you so why ruin a holiday? 

if you want to meet for 5 mins for you to ask me if I am happy to say that to your face then fine.  I think it’s fucking mental and quite worrying for a bloke who keeps saying ‘it’s only the internet’.  But go for your life. 

im staying at the Hotel de Rome 17-19 October.  

I love this forum.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The feeling better bit is the calm before the storm.

RIP Stronts.