You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

France have shut restaurants/bars/cinemas and shops. Although shops for necessities will be open certain hours. meanwhile the arrogant English Gov't will just keep the selfish bastards happy by taking it all on the chin. 

Shops are normally only open for about an hour in France anyway. 

Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises

French authorities have warned that widely used over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs may worsen the coronavirus.

The country’s health minister, Olivier Véran, who is a qualified doctor and neurologist, tweeted on Saturday: “The taking of anti-inflammatories [ibuprofen, cortisone … ] could be a factor in aggravating the infection. In case of fever, take paracetamol. If you are already taking anti-inflammatory drugs, ask your doctor’s advice.”

Health officials point out that anti-inflammatory drugs are known to be a risk for those with infectious illnesses because they tend to diminish the response of the body’s immune system.

The health ministry added that patients should choose paracetamol because “it will reduce the fever without counterattacking the inflammation”.

French patients have been forced to consult pharmacies since mid-January if they want to buy popular painkillers, including ibuprofen, paracetamol and aspirin, to be reminded of the risks.

Jean-Louis Montastruc, the head of pharmacology at Toulouse hospital, told RTL radio: “Anti-inflammatory drugs increase the risk of complications when there is a fever or infection.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Shops are normally only open for about an hour in France anyway. 

I have other memories, although I wouldn't put it past them. They know how to fight against the machine. 

1 minute ago, Philtrum said:

I see your 'doctor on the go' and I raise you a General Hospital. 

That is a fair point, liked that as well. A few German hospital programs you'd like but have never heard of. Sex sells, apparently. If we are going way back to the 60's and 70's then we have to mention MASH? 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I have other memories, although I wouldn't put it past them. They know how to fight against the machine. 

That is a fair point, liked that as well. A few German hospital programs you'd like but have never heard of. Sex sells, apparently. If we are going way back to the 60's and 70's then we have to mention MASH? 

I've never watched MASH for more than a few minutes, doesn't do it for me but undoubtedly a great show for those that enjoyed it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Philtrum said:

I've never watched MASH for more than a few minutes, doesn't do it for me but undoubtedly a great show for those that enjoyed it. 

It was great mate, just the right amount of humour whilst getting the point across. 

59 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Cheers for posting, Dec. I feel the same about England. I was reading earlier that Italy have I think it was 12 critical beds per 100,000 population. England has 6. 

I could have the per # wrong, I can’t find the article I was looking at earlier to double check and ironically feel rough as arseholes today hence not completely trusting myself on that figure, but it was certainly the case that Italy have twice as many critical beds as England.

When you see what’s happening over there, if people aren’t concerned, I don’t think the full impending horror has entirely dawned on them yet. The infrastructure isn’t set up to cope, so knock-on effects are likely going to be beyond our current conception, but become familiar horribly quickly.

As a lifelong user of the NHS, it has been barely coping by the skin of its teeth for years as it is. This is going to mule kick it well over the edge.

No worries brother. Look after yourself. X

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nice biscuits, these

D949F981-3559-4EDF-B4C5-09203381AAE3.jpeg

Not seen those over here mate***, but they are right up my street. We have similar biscuits though. 

*** I'll be down the Asian market tomorrow, they usually stock all kinds of British biscuits. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Need some GF inspiration. A coronavirus playlist for the bar. I'm starting with This Chow Mein Man by The Smiths. Over to you GF. 

Eve of destruction.